dagger.png

[!] A depiction of the Obsidian Dagger of Grimdugan at the unfinished shrine.
Appeal to Grimdugan

separator.png.ef25e230841f2513af20c0554f9e072c.png

Ursus Grandaxe, our friend, was snatched away from us by the vile forces of the Mori. Snatched into the dark depths with their wretched spiders.

With no other options, three dwarves, Garedyn, Alaric and Orsola rode immediately into the night in despair. They rode for the hidden shrine of Grimdugan, being built in low mountains at the edge of the kingdom to beseech the Lord of Darkness.

With the unlit sanctum of Grimdugan, a giant obsidian dagger lay embedded into the mountain wall, glowing dimly. Beside it was a pool of water, pitch black found by excavators. The water bared the exact same properties as normal water, but it possessed Grimdugan’s shadow.

The dwarves, one by one, disrobed and allowed themselves to be enveloped by Grimdugan’s darkness, allowing it to seep into them. They then knelt in front of the Obsidian Dagger and prayed.

"Oh Lord of Darkness Grimdugan, your loyal followers beseech ye! Obscured in your darkness, kneeling in your built shrine, we pray for the safety of our kin Ursus. Swallowed by the vile who use the darkness for their own ends, we beseech you to deliver him safely, shrouded in your protective Umber.” - Garedyn The Green

“Lord of Shadow. Ah shall walk through yer darkness, with no fear in my heart of the shadow o’de beasts o’Khorvad. Ah shall take comfort in your blade ahn your torch, fo’ ah knae dey mean ye are at mah side. Ye have prepared a spot fo’ me before mah enemies. Ah shall met them without fear, fo’ ye have blessed me with holy oil. Where ah go, so too shall de light and  shadows follow in mah steps. Ah shall serve as yer instrument, yer will. Mah light in de darkness shall be de killin’ light o’yer father, Dungrimm. Lord o’Stars, granted me yer light. Fly with me through the darkness, the fire shall cast a shadow upon me. We will fly beyond the starts, beyond de restless shadow. If i must go into the sea of starts fall, ah shall fall loike a burnin’ star” - Alaric Grimgold.

“Lord Grimdugan… Someone realleh important teh meh ‘as been taken inta de abyss by teh cruel being we call mori. All ah ask es ‘at yew ‘elp ‘im return safeleh. En exchange, ah swear teh server under yew fer as long as ah live. Ah’ll become yer enemies werst nightmare. Anythin teh make sure ‘e returns safeleh. Blessed beh yew and yer eternal reign over all things shadowh.” - Orsola Frostbeard

After their prayers, they went into the hoard room. The shrine being unfinished yet, meant it was empty. It was a grim honour to be the first to fill Grimdugan’s great hoard. Each dwarf offered a piece of great jewellery. After the group split, to offer prayer on their own.

separator.png.ef25e230841f2513af20c0554f9e072c.png

To all dwarves who read this missive, pray to Grimdugan for the safety of Ursus and for the preservation of his Dwedohim.

Narvak oz Grimdugan

Narvak oz Ursus

Kazak oz Mori

Somewhere between life and death, the soul of Ursus fought. Against the Void, against those that tried to destroy it, in the hope that he could return to the world of the living.

Hearing the news Chief and Seer Asketil Blackroot would spend his day in Grimdugan's cave altar taking substances to try to receive a sign of Grimdugan and information that could be pertinent to Ursus' return.

Jarl Baldin 'Ironside' Frostbeard would read the news and headed to the dark lands exploring to make sure that Ursus' soul was not lost in the mortal planes.

Tuzic Mossborn was resting, recently recovered from sickness when he read the missive regarding his friend Ursus. He slams a balled fist on his desk in anger “T’ose blasted Mori…” he growls, before kneeling before his shrine, and praying to the Lord of Avarice that he might guide ursus home… or guide the dwed to find him. “ ‘ang in t’ere Ursus…”

Grymus Irongut sits within his quarters whlist smoking his mahogany pipe. He notices the missive come across his desk and after a few moments of reading through it, his eyes widen. The dwarf's pudgy fingers press against the temple of his head as he contemplates the matter. Ursus was his friend and comrade. But most importantly, he is a son of the Brathmordakin, a fellow dwed; he could not simply pray for his return, he would have to seek it out himself. The dwarf rises from his chair and picks up his staff, proceeding towards the exit with determination.

"Oim comin' tae find ye, Ursus. One way or anothae, thae loight o' Armakak shall drive yeh from Khorvad's grasp an' back tae da embrace o' Anbella." The Dwarf mused, continuing his way to the Dwarvish capital.