Winters End [PK]

Elenora Divadri  rested beneath the shade of the trees, Hileian held within her metal hand, while the other held onto an old worn doll- one the druidess had made long ago in the likeness of Liri herself. It had been centuries ago, before the Mali’aheral was even a druid, that she had met Liri. A child who was filled with wonder and kindness. A child who Elenora saw as someone who needed to be protected. Years would go by, the druidess watching her grow. Despite all of her daughter's problems, never once did her kindness fade. A dedicant she became, and it was to Elenora she went to ask  to be attuned.

“Blessed be Sister Snow.”

It was Elenora who struck her friend once she found out she was courting her daughter, but it also was her who walked her daughter down the aisle to Lynx, handing her precious snowflake off. She had seen her grow, her family grow for years. Until she was called to the wilds. It was almost a century until the Scorpion returned, and she was met with tears and shock. Though once that shock faded, several times her daughter came to meet her. The druidess had hoped, prayed even, that she would be able to make up for lost time. But time was not upon her side.

“Haelun. Take care of Hileian for me, can you?”

“.. I will do anything you ask of me, my beloved snowflake. I love you, and I am so proud of you.. You have earned this rest, Liri.”

“Kae nae mayilere, haelun. Thank you for everything.”

A mother should never outlive her daughter. Elenora knew this, and yet she had outlived all of her children. It was only then under the tree, holding onto the last piece of her daughter she had left, that the druidess realized something that caused a small broken laugh to leave her.

“Oh my snowflake, when did you begin to protect me instead of me protecting you? You tricked me, Liri. You brought me peace even when I told you I did not want it..”

Nature around her began to peacefully hum, radiating from the very staff that echoed her daughter's memory.. The druidess finally closed her eyes to sleep.

Spoiler

thanks for being the best rp daughter I've ever had <3

unknown.png

MQAJCwl.png

download.thumb.png.bd8d93c6ddace12fbaf9d96380dabc58.png

HD-wallpaper-magical-owl-owl-wings-luna-

Settling upon the Snow Druid's shoulder would the ivory owl transfixed its swirling, aqua and ivory gaze upon the half breed. It's familiar song resonated with warmth and serenity. A calling that this one was the child of the son that deemed her 'mother' and remembered when Liri was born. When she was attuned. When she walked upon her own path and when she ushered the teachings left behind in those silly old tomes. The Owl ruffled its ivory feathers before leaning in to press its forehead against Liri's. The spirit of the Owl Druid flooding the newcomer's mind, revealing whom it was and a veil of protection washing over the Snow Druid that would linger with her spirit for all time. It was then that the owl would take flight, fluttering its wings through the air before vanishing completely in a cloud of emerald mists. 

“We are what we are and change with the ever flowing time. Let not the burdens of our lives shackle us for accepting our true selves in the end is what will set us free.” The Owl Druid's voice would whisper within Liri's ears as she faded away...

Somewhere within the Vale a certain red-headed bard sat before the Shrine to Ohowaki. Silent, morose and hurting. She had not had the chance to say something she wished she had. And she had not been there to see them off. Only when she heard of the matter from Roylan did she suddenly feel herself break apart. She had not lost a friend before- even for as short a time as she had known the Snow Druid, she looked up to her.

"..You would want me to find inner balance again wouldn't you.." The young woman echoed hollowly. The words ringing in her ears for a moment as she spoke them aloud. A hand raised briefly to her eyes to wipe at them with a sigh. "But also ne to deny this.. Its difficult.. hurts.." She had never truly lost someone she looked to as a friend before and she sat there in silence for a time more. Something else ran through her mind then. And a promise echoed in the back of her head. A trip to make when she was able, and a final few words. "I'll.. be enough. And I'll come see you.." She spoke, and then sat for a time longer in hollow silence and prayer.

Spoiler

Far in the South, in the last vestiges of the realm untouched by ruination of the ages, a cub of the Snow Druid sat in silence on his porch. His eyes were weary and reddened with the sharp sting of sorrow. In secret he wept, away from his students, his friends, and even his wife, only emerging when the elflord could swallow back the heartbreak that dug its sharp nails into his spirit. From the moment of revelation that his other haelun, Tailesin, was to trade her life for the balance, he knew in his heart that Liri would follow, somehow and someway... It was something that he hoped he would be brave enough to do one day if it were him or Nemea.

Seeing the worldly body of his mother age faster than his own gnawed at his heart more than he'd liked to admit, but he never dared to share this with her in life. He recalled the cool nights in the Moonlit Forest they'd share together, the way that she'd brew his tea extra sweet as he loved, and listened to his music with joy and a motherly smile. She was one of the few that that faith in him when he did not have any for himself, and from her guidance he emerged a Sage. How he missed how nature seemed to sing a lullaby in her presence, and the mortal realm felt a little less dim without the Snow Druid.

Knowing that she'd gently scold him for overly lingering upon the sorrows of the present, he shakily picks a tune on his living instrument. He sang in prayer and in thanksgiving to the Aspects for the realm of eternal rest and never ending joy, even if his typical golden voice cracked in barely contained weeping.

"Aspects... I hate to see her go."

As with many things, Hareven knew what he felt, and the Grove he established felt this mourning as well, as the great plum tree

he formed himself into to house the people he founded rumbled. And so he would wait.

And in the future where this tree would still in one world, it would arise in the next.

And that small little pale druidess would find her father as he always was and had been.

"I have and always will be, proud of you kiddo. You saved me when you were born."

He simply hopes in the Forest, her bones can stand the sheer huggage that will occur when they meet.

Among the amount of druids passed would a crazed goblin hug liri's leg in welcome to the forest. and of course a tour upon a train sized ferret of the fae realm. "You really need to see cerridwens tree, i catapult myself up there all the time!" and further chaotic and odd rambling

Meanwhile in the living world Sister Spider quietly mourns the loss of two elder druids "May you find rest Lynx and Snow"

Within the paladin corner within Savoy, a scarred mali'aheral sat upon the roof. A solem smile being worn on her lips. She had time to wipe away her tears from the sudden shock of the news but now was in a state of quiet acceptance. "Blessed be, Sister Snow. Thank you for all the lessons you gave me." She'd utter out quietly as her eyes glanced over the camp.

Elsewhere deep inside a dead forest, shrouded by the eternal darkness from the Mori. A howl of sorrow and anguish echoes out through the dead and dying trees. The lithe form of an 'ame was knelt in the mud, rot and decay as tears streamed down from her eyes. The everwatchful spiders who had claimed their home observed with caution as this blackrobed and masked figure made so much noise, yet they dared not to approach the bringer of fire - the Blackthorn Hag being left alone in her grief. "Marhaelun...I knew the sands of time for you were falling from between your fingers. I knew. I could see and the voices of the Wild Gods told me. I thought I was ready but with you gone it is like a knife in the heart."

Her masked head rests down on the foul earth, her tears slowly coming to a halt. "But I remember your words. Marhaelun. I know you will guide me." Her fingers curled into fists as she slowly moved onto her knees, head her soon rising as her golden gaze narrowed. "Nature will have it's wrath, it's ally within the darkness. A simple whisper of revenge and winter shall be my guide. This I promise."

It was when he was sorting through his plushies and happened to come upon a Moon Rabbit that he breaks down, clutching the white bunny plush tightly as tears fell. He remembered once....when he thought the tiny female elf was just like that, a snowy white rabbit. With big eyes and soft voice, he remembered so deeply that want to protect her from the dangers he knew were outside the Grove. And then he saw it...one day that little rabbit grew teeth...she had claws...and she knew how to bite and rip and tear.

His world changed that day and he began to look at it anew, he asked questions and sought more and more the snowy woman who changed his views without even trying. He listened to her soothing voice speak such advice, almost harsh compared to the motherly like demeanor and almost too gentle touch. She taught him far more then she ever realized...her lessons...her words...held closer to his heart then she might have expected...

"You didn't know but you were my teacher...in many lessons that I needed to grow. We were both passionate in our own way...and I've never been indifferent to what you said to me. Never...but I wish I understood sooner, that I might have learned far more. Perhaps...when we're together again...I can sit and learn more.."

Siruonn, taking a step back from their overjoyed greeting, would peer down at the duo, together in life and death. A pause of solenm understanding, of the need of relief after all those years of duty.

"Getting to hug my elders again... welcome home, you two."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Seeing two more of their people leave to the forest, Klaus would sit beside the statuette they had made for the two, there were no tears or prayers to try and question the whims of the world, they look at the withering world before them and thought that maybe.. maybe those two had a point. 

Klaus soon shook their head some, pushing such thoughts down to deal with them later.

A Boy. For a moment, found himself flowing through all of the memories he had of the couple that he had known for his entire life. He remembered meeting them when he was but a youth, fresh out of the wilds, and escaping valah that wanted to recruit him into their military as he was young, big, and strong. Kind words, understanding. Lessons of the drui way from Liri lips and answers of what the mother growth was like and why they were leaving by Tailesin. 

A Man. 
Thought over his time within vale, learning the path of the sage from Liri, lessons of the drui flickering through them while going through his path. Learning the place he was meant to be and becoming more of a man, instead of just a simple youth lad full of adventure and curiosity. Simply wanting to relax among nature not join any wars. It was a learning experience. 

A Elder. The final days had been a somber one, witnessing Liri growing more and more stiff. And waking up less and less as their hibernations become more frequent by the days. Tail, growing more somber by the days, longing for a end. So very tired. Each of them, growing closer to a end that called to them. That they wanted. And then - the final trial that was gifted to herald the end as they stepped forward. Passing through before their eyes. 

A pen met a page. 

"Another letter to the lovely couple, things are growing more hectic here. Times are changing and dangers are coming in further and further. But we are continuing to fight on, and we are missing you. The sheer wonderful, and wholesome warmth with a wise brush of knowledge with you Liri. And the stubborn, yet kind warrior within Tailesin despite all her grump. We will continue to miss you for centuries to come. And hope you are looking forward to a visit in time.

Your friend, Ser Roylan."

Another movement of his fingers folded the partment. Adding it to a letter that would never get sent. Tucking it away on his shelves. Lost to time and the passage of lost that it was. 

If there was any Druid who could compare with the Lamb Druid Marie, it would be the Snow Druid Liri. The best part about that fact that the two didn't compete, they simple existed alike and could both bring comfort and warmth to the lives they touched. In a place filled with many motivated fighters and leaders, compassion and caring for others were treasured traits. As the little shepherd saw the friendly figure, she was filled with delight that her dear sister Liri could come to be at peace and get to enjoy the life beyond death that awaited her. Marie knew a lot of great places to nap.

~~~

And again, Valmuel thought of his dear Mum. Though he shared not her blood, he shared her love for people and the spirits of curiosity, creativity, and passion. As he had raised his own son, he did it with the same love and affection that Mumma Liri had. As he dealt with others that bore grievances, he sought to show compassion and understanding with one another. It was thanks to Liri too that Valmuel had all the more family to love, learn from, and care for. So thinking of his Mum now as he drifted off to sleep, Valmuel remembered her soft voice telling stories to a young boy at his bedtime so long ago.