Against the Anvil Cult

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b8/58/0f/b8580f986f78c3394c2544b8ef19f795.jpg

[!] The following missive is distributed throughout the cavern.

All who receive this, denizens of the Tunnel of the World and members of descendant kind, I come bearing foul tidings. We may have escaped the evil of the Mori’quiesser and their ilk who now rest upon the surface, but another evil has followed us into our cavernous sanctuaries. I recently witnessed a most horrible sight inside of a cave just across the river from the main fort. This cave contains an enlarged Anvil which radiates a particularly foul energy, one I have seen drive those who entertain it to the brink of insanity. It is likely that the anvil is afflicted with powerful dark magicks. The anvil is worshiped by a group of hooded individuals who call themselves the “anvil cult” and sing it’s praises endlessly. These cultists consist of all sorts - young, old, smart, and fair - and yet they all sing the same chord. It is no doubt, however, these cultists are agents of whatever dark force emanates from their so-called ‘anvil.’

But matters do not end here, friends. During one of my visits to this anvil cave, a little girl - who couldn’t have been any older than twelve - ridden with bruises across her face ran up to me and begged me for my help. I asked her what happened and she mentioned that she had been hurt. I shortly noticed another cultist wielding a hammer stained with blood. This cultist, and his fellow travelers, had no problem admitting that he brutalized the young child to appease the ‘Anvil’ idol. Additionally, when I rebuked this behavior the cult promised it would go on to kidnap more children and sacrifice them to their false idol. Most interestingly, this young girl resisted my efforts to rescue her while staring at the anvil, repeating it’s name incessantly. I deduced that the artifact had taken hold of her mind somehow. Through prayer and quick action, the immaculate power of GOD worked through me to break the hold over the girl’s mind and assist her out of the cavern. Upon successful rescue of this young girl, the cult accused me of “stealing” their property and yelled several epithets at me. 

I am now horrified to learn that more children in these caverns have been assailed by the Anvil cult. A young boy named Lugash told me that members of the cult intimidated him, seized him physically, and laid him upon their Anvil in an attempt to offer him to their false idol as a sacrifice, all while threatening the integrity of his soul. Only by the grace of GOD was his life saved from these idolatrous maniacs. These cultists have no conscience; they are willing to traverse immense depths to obtain their ends. Not even children are safe.  

I say no more.

The Scroll of Auspice is clear that evil will face an ultimate judgment at the hand of GOD. Exalted Owyn is prophesied to lead the Sons of Krug and the tribes of Ulgaard and Aehey to cast out Iblees and his flock forever. This promise is not merely a prophecy, it is an aspiration all of us must keep as descendants. The Moris did not crush us, and nor shall this petty cult. We cannot allow these miscreants to continue threatening the safety of our children with impunity. That is why I, with power vested in me as the Grand Inquisitor of the Holy Inquisition, order all of my inquisitors to assist in securing the main forts against cultist activity. Additionally, I have joined forces with Godfrey of Aziren to form a civilian group called the “Order of the Underhill,” which will help protect against cultist activity and other threats that may appear during our time here.

We cannot stop at defensive postures, friends; we must rip this threat clean from its roots lest it fester unabated. I am calling for an effort to completely wipe out the cult, it’s caverns, and it’s foul anvil from this plane of existence. A crusade, rendered potent by the fire and thunder of GOD, is the only way to ensure the evil behind this threat is stopped completely. Half-measures will only allow our enemies to hide, strategize, and grow. The Moris are a big enough threat for us to handle, we do not need to fight a battle on our own home front. Over the next few weeks I will gather support and resources for an ultimate effort to inflict the judgment of GOD upon these lost souls. We shall march upon their accursed temple and destroy it by fire, and proclaim the defeat of this evil for all generations to see. All who abhor evil may partake in this effort - canonist or not.

The Gates of Death will never prevail over GOD’s children. No evil will withstand this impending act of divine retribution. 

Remain safe, stay vigilant, and walk in GOD’s light.

Sincerely,

5I3CgFcIUiPa0L3nAQze9qGgRAKCTibK8DFC_rlKdTKcTFcij8a6uqBNkvpwTKBL_vTqPRIKuGD7_kzMYf04vcjqyKJAaOS5cNNVoq9ekrYfiENw_garh-rZ298vDVp1iIaLeftQlxnfHZ03jx_7HuQ

Spoiler

OOC: So I know we are still in a transition map and conflict is not expected, but recent events as described in the threat (which have been exhilerating and interesting) logically lead to confrontation. I want this whole ordeal to have full cooperation from cultist players and ST, if this is something they decide to pursue, so that this remains a fun experience for all during the two week lull we have until the new map. Let me know what you guys think!

"ᴼʰ ᵐʸ ᴬⁿᵛᶦˡ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ʷᵒʳᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵐᶦˢᵉᵈ ᵇᵒᵒᵐˢᵗᵉᵉˡ. . ." bemoaned a loot-gremlin newt who chose all the negative options on the quest objective.

Lugash stood reading the missive and sighed with relief, shaking his head upon recollecting the trauma of the incident. His small hands clasped onto the Icon of Saint Godwyn gifted to him by the generous Cardinal Toni, a comfort to him in difficult times such as these. He shut his gentle eyes in prayer, speaking to the Lord.. 

"𝔒𝔥 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔩𝔶 𝔣𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯, 𝔪𝔞𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔪𝔢𝔦𝔫 𝔭𝔯𝔞𝔶𝔢𝔯. 𝔐𝔞𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔯𝔨-𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔣𝔱 𝔷𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔳𝔦𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔰𝔪𝔬𝔱𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔟𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔦𝔡𝔬𝔩, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔰 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔡𝔰. 𝔐𝔞𝔶 𝔫𝔬 𝔰𝔦𝔫 𝔤𝔬 𝔲𝔫𝔧𝔲𝔡𝔤𝔢𝔡. ℭ𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔬 𝔦𝔰 𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔰 𝔦𝔫 𝔡𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔨 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔒ℜ𝔇, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔠𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔰 𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔬 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥𝔥𝔬𝔩𝔡𝔰 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔰𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔡 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡. 𝔄𝔐𝔈𝔑."

Edited by Onnensr
My God is an Awesome God

Katia Godunov grumbled something under her breath, "By ve will of ve Anvil..."

"Lies.... lies..." moaned a Thrall of the Anvil.

"Anvil only.... take... consenting... annoint..."

"Ham...mer... "

"Aaan...viil..."

“Only the Anvil may guide us through the deep dark of the night. For peace cometh through forging this new path.”

the intelligent Anvil Tail thought he proclaimed. Instead, it was more like,

”ANVIL ANVIL ANVIL ANVIL ANVIL!”

"Feckin umri, get catch sight o' one dwarven artefact n' they go mad.  They better not scratch Grimdugan's Anvil, or it will beh ah grudgin" The High Prophet of the Brathmordakin sneered at the news.

Sir Peter grimaced as he read through the missive. He looked up to look at Sir Philip, whom had given the missive to him by hand.
"Count me in."
He replied sternly.

Every single detail written in this missive made Gaius var Ruthern's stomach churn. The Amiratus of Balian felt nothing but disgust for this so called 'Anvil Cult'. 

"Well...time for Operation Hammer and Anvil." He muttered as he would then turn around with missive in hand, looking to find the Constable Dante DeNurem @Maur, to share this information with him. 

"It's tha Dwarves Anvil and I want it N̵̨̧̰̰̫̲͍̩͇͓̓͐̄̈̓̓̊̃̒̈́͌̀͌̕͝ͅǪ̵̧̧̢̟̪̯͓̖̮̌͂̃̔́̌͛̀͜W̸̡̧̢̭̪͔̪͙̱̮͉̿͑͑!"

Anvil Ears ran frantically across the domain of the Anvil, cackling aloud. "Praise the Anvil, Our Lord and Savior, for it holds magnificent power!"

and we'll do it again too - Anvilhead

T̷̨̡̨̲̩̘͕̝̯͖̫̤͕̥͑̀̍́́ͅH̶̨̧̡̢͓̦̞͓͓͇̥̹̪̘̼͈͕̦͓͖̼̳̤̖̣͈̟̤̻̩̻̮͇̟̫̹͖͈͎̯̯̫̮̠͙̬͍̖̞̻͕͍̗͕̠̯͗̈̿̍͌̈́̊͛́̀͊̒͂̏͂̀̈̇͋̉̿̆̓͑̌̾̾̂̀̍̔̿̾́̿̀̈́͐̄͆͊͂̔͊͊͐́̍̾͊̓̀̆̔͐͌̂̌̆͋̽̀̚͘͘͜͝͝͠ͅͅÉ̴̡̞̱̜͉̲̮̘̳͇͖͍̇̈́̅̈́̋̇̑̂͊̊̍͂͗̔͑̀̆͂̒̑͆̀̊̈́̀̓͒̒̀͆̈́̄͆̎̇̋̎̆̉͌̈́̍̚̚͜͝͠ͅ ̵̢̧̢̨̢̳̖̼̩̲͖͖̠͕̮̜͕̙̦̠̪̲̫͙̥͙̘̩͖̹̫̝͖͎͇̮̘̺͓̺͙̗̱̟͓̻̪̺̣͍̗̣͆̈́͒̿̋͛̔̔̈̃͐̍̑̆͂̑̏͂͊̅̎͑̀̈̔̊̾́̓͛̅̿͆̽͂́̃̑̈̇̉̀́̎̈̚͘̚͘̕͜͝͠͝ͅͅÄ̸̡̢̧̡̢̡̧̬̹̥̻̟̫͚͇͔͔͚͉͇͍͇̭̝͍͓̖͕̖̞̪̺͉̞̯̣͕̹̠̥̘̯̤̼̳͉̠̯̗̟͖̣͎̭̠́͘ͅͅN̷̨͚̣̬̟͍͍͖̭͉̪̯͍̝͓͙͉̼̠͉͎̙̺͓͖̬̖̱̫͕̤̫̗͈̜͕̺͚̞̺̂̌̈̄͐̊̔ͅV̸̢̢̧̢̛̳̗̩̗̜̟̞̤͕̬̣͉͖̬̼̜̫̀͛́͗̇͋͐̄̌̔͌̆̋̅͑͌̋͋̈̀͌͛͛͌̈́̔̆̋̂̀̎́̈́͗̑͑͊̓͑̿̏́̐̚̕̕̚̕̚͠͝͠͝͝Ị̷̧̡̠̲̲̘̬̬̹̲̮̫̗͚͚̱̤̦̮̮̒̆̆̀̋͒͂̈́͌̾̏́̎͑̌͘͠ͅĻ̴̡̨̫̳̥̩͔̼̮̱̱̙̭͈͉̻͉̣̖͎͔͙̭̮̝̭̻̳́͋̾̓̈́̄̓̚̕ͅ ̷̛̛̛͎͓̫̪̲̓̐́̑̒́͆̊̎̀͊̐͗͊̐̈́̈́͌͑͂̍̿̾̓̈́̓̇̌̿̄͐͊͊̋͑̌͋̉̾̆̾̓́̿̾̏͊̓̋̒͋̏̀̎͗̓͋̕͘͜͝͝͠͠͠T̵̢̡̬̬̝̻̦̯̼͇̜̮͖̱̲̫͔̳̋̌̊̈́͗̈̒͒͋̋͂͛̎͋̀̕͝͝H̵̲̠̳̯̳͎͓͔͕̪͙̪̫̤͙̱̜̘͖̘̞̟͕̟̭̙͎̳͔̩̟̞̠̲͉͕͇͕̣̗̉̎͂̍͑̑͌̂̓̕͠ͅͅȨ̶̢̡̲̜̮͇͈̫͇̘̽̇͌̉͌́̒͛̏̉̀̔̽̂̃̀̐̓͘ͅ ̵̧̡̨̧̡̡̡͎͚̯͈̞̠͈̯̣̟͉̻͚̯̝͓̲̩̠̻͇̙̭̫̫̝̞͚͚̘̟̘͚̟͉̪̹̮̥̗̹͍͖͔̱̭̰̯̣̤̯̞͑̋̽̉̋́͗̈́́̈́̀̊͑̎̄̕͝ͅͅͅĄ̷̡̛͖͔̰͎̭̟̙̲̪̘͖̘̤͈͖̲̙̻̿͑̎́́̌̽͒̈́̌͋̀̅̿̏̽͋́̈́̈́̈̔̌̊͋̀̽̿̿̓̋̉̓͘͝N̸̡̡̧̨̨̗̝͉̙̰̱̩̞͙̭̯͇͚̯̩̞̭̯͉͉͙̙̬̫̠̗̹̣̞͉̟͕̯̗͉͓̣̣̘̰̜͉̬͚̦̪͖̦͍̍͂́̓̒̃͘̕͜͜͜͠ͅV̴̨̧̢̧̡̢͕̙͚͉͍̼͖͚̼̬̥̙̝͙͉͚̱͕̫̗̹̞͔͙̩̙̮̳̘̩̳͕̭͔̩̩̺̣̰͎͉̯̻̟̩͈͎̹̅̈́̏̅̔̀͌͌͘͘͘͠ͅI̴̧͇̳͔̭̙̪̩̫͕͈̼̩͈̓͗̀͋̿͛̀̅́͒̽͛͌̅͆̑͘̚͝͝L̶̡̛̹̤̳̻̖̻̹̭͎̺̭̫̭̥̐̍̈̽̑̿̊̆̋̔̐̀́̈́͛̆̓͆̀̋́̓̋̀̌̅͋̄͛̿̅̈́̐̒̋͐̏͛̃́̄͆̂̑̚͝͝͠ ̶̛̛͈̬̣̞̙̬̟̠̝̙̭̖̳̮̺̎̓͛̅̑̌͑̈́͋̆̇͗̆͊̄͂̆̓̂̔̒̑̒͋͂̏̈́̎͆̃͊͋̒̈́͗͐̋̽̈́̌́͝͝͝͝͝Ţ̶̢̦̮̙̟̬̙̯̗̻̤̠̞̙͎̗̬̦̲͙͙̲̰͖̣͉̝̱̩͖͖̘̱͖͙̩̰̞̰͔̼͚̟̓͐̒̉͒̋̄̑͜͜͜ͅH̶̢̳̦̠͕͓̼̠̙̰̭̬̮̭͇̺̤͈̥͎̼̘̟̥̣͈̭̣̮̩̙̖͕̍̐̅͌̒͊̀̿̚͜͝Ȇ̷̢̨̡̨̧̨̺͈̼͈̳̟͔̯̠̬̼̳̫͕̞̲͈̳̭̗̜̰͍̦̭͙̫̖̜͉͉͈͚͙̃͛̽͐̀͌̓̈̋̎̑̿̓̂́̔͛̑̐͋̏̀̈́͛̓̉̂̍̀̈́̆̍͛̒̌͗̑̚̚̕̚͠͝͠͝͝ͅ ̷̨̨̨̡͔̩͉̣̼͓̻̟̺̗͓̪̩͈̻̩͍͙͙̬̝̟͍͉͍̝̩̯͇͔̠̼̳͍̙̫̳͖͈̹͔̟̟̳̱̘̯̬̼͎͙̻̥͙̰̩̣̩̣̯̻̪̇͗̒͆̃̍̇̏̍̾̈́̅̍̾̊͌̿̌̃͝ͅͅA̵̢̨̨̨̛̼̦̞̯̙̳̤̼̗̙͓̘̲͚̗̫̝̫͍̺̭̰̹̤̮̫̲̥͈̝̩̼̅̍̒́͌͐͊́̃̈́̇̆̈́͛̑̓͌͌̇̋̓͋̌͐͊͂͊̒̿̆͊̍̂̀̂͋́̄̅̑̍̉̚̕͘͘͜͜͝͝͠͝N̴̡͈̤̫̺̘̩̟̣̝̠̣̺͚̰͉̠̰͕̯̜͍͖͍̥̩͖͖̬̥͕̦̬̯̪̙͔̫̭̯̞̙̼̦̩̥̱̩͛̽͌̚ͅV̸̛̛̱̩̬̠̙̾̉̔̈́̌͌͗̑̋̉̎̌̈͛͐̔͌̓͗͌̀̒̋̅̀̓̀͆̔̅̔̐̌͒̍̀͂̓͑́͆̋̎͐̾̄͐̈́̓̀̿͒͛͛̈͒̊̐̚̚͘̚̚͠͝͝͠I̸̧̛̖̣̥͓̪͚͔͉̭̙̜̦̬͈̦̮̖͖̘̗̭͈̬̠͈̗̝͕̯͇̻̞̩̬̝͕̥̎̍̀̌͒̈́̒̐͒̑͋̓̊͑̊͋̽͑̎̐̓̑̐͛͌̾̉̒͑̃̊̆̆͐̐͑̉̋̐̅̔͆̆͐͌̀͊̿̚͜͠͠ͅL̴̢̧̧̢̨̨̢̛̛̥͓̹̩̣̖̬̠͕̻̮̣͇̲͈͓͇͎̪̘̳͙͕̺̲̝̬͖̙̞͕̝̳̣͍̹̬̳̩̝̭̺̙͙̞̝̣̭͕͕͔̠͔̣͈̪͉̳̆̏͐͌̄͑̓̅̄̏͛͌̓̐͗̇̾͊̋̐̿͗͛̆̅̈́̈́͗̅͆̐̈́̈̽̂̌̀̔͆̽̀̇͑͐̑͊͋́̿̀͌̒͊̆̓̈́̑̌͂̂̿̈́͘̚̚͜͠͠͠͝ͅͅ