[SHELVING] Uprooting the Lily

MunaZaldrizoti

Spoiler

Uprooting the Lily

vUlowJZazFnQqfRqxmZah4DnX58iukF2vCBoVqh_rpz5VR1inzUCu0pL0aBo8WxgTszlTVdPjR42hM4hTCvhHlEqsJAsmfYHVk5tGUFmcb9pc7P7C4KXKF6c_5Qvx7g5-mnufXZEEtxRJNxghQTKDTE

IMijs4XkzakTtdggbon20h17Qn4iOyDRrBtApzcrhW8d-lswBLpfhqs_Uoa34053O7e7RvJ8nArpjwnuqdUTyfbDRZbBiz0dkeSQ5OK2vDdKKJT-cb3rN7ZH0NMWrb78ftTiDH4OfSAbyLYV9hHk3GI

Her eyes were cast out over the sea, beyond the docks she presently stood upon, and wondered what would await her beyond that horizon line. A year ago, she had been seeking marriage. Now, she sought something greater. The youngest child of King Alexander wished to cement her own identity and legacy, to free herself from the constant demon that was her desire to serve instead of serving herself.

The death of the Haeseni king, Georg, had come as the final shock. It was the moment she realized that her father was gone. A memory of his deathbed had crossed her mind, the friendship between the two men being something that had begun to thaw her inherently-frigid heart. She had no dear friends of her own, aside from the magical Huabei. But how could she have ever had time for friendship or love, when she had so much to prove?

Apt in its timing, the news of Queen Andromeda’s journey to her distant homeland had likewise brought word of an opportunity. Keen on a continued relationship between the Kingdom of Balian and the Principality of Ba’as, Vizier Theophilus Saffar sent along a request with that ship that was meant to carry the Queen-consort on her trip. It was the desire of the ruling Prince, Balthazar Rostampur, to host a representative of Balian within his lands in the hopes that a greater proximity could be formed between the two nations. Perhaps sensing her growing unrest, the King brought this offer to his sister himself.

At first, she hadn’t ever considered a life abroad. Aside from their escape from Almaris to Aevos, Lydia had never ventured long outside of the Balianese crownlands. But, like a blessing, it seemed to be the opportunity she had been seeking these long years since her father had drawn his last breath.

So, in the months following Andromeda’s own departure, a second ship was prepared to carry the Princess across the sea, where the promise of a new position and a palatial villa were promised. Servants of her own and a vast citrus orchard to remind her of home. In Balian, her standing had slowly rendered her irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. In Ba’as, she might find renewed purpose.

Boarding the vessel, her mind went back to her father and his promises of her greatness. She hoped, with this new venture, she might finally fulfill that destiny. The Lily of Balian was uprooting, to be settled in a place she might better thrive.

[!] A letter, sealed with wax, is delivered by court courier to the Duana Hall.

Spoiler

To His Royal Majesty and the Duana,

It has been my pleasure to serve upon this royal body as Censor of the Crown, but my greater duty to the kingdom prevails over all else. With my acceptance of the diplomatic role within the lands of Ba’as, I do hereby resign from the Duana effective immediately. I hope, in time, you shall find a competent and worthy replacement.

It is also my wish and desire to relinquish my holding of the title ‘Countess of Caluzzo’, with the intention of having it granted to the King’s newborn daughter, Princess Eirene Daria. As its second holder in the realm’s history, I hope she will carry the mantle with as much regal dignity as its previous holder did.

GOD bless my pater’s kingdom and all those who serve within it. Please look after his people, in all that you do. I shall promote your interests within the court of Prince Balthazar, rest assured.

Sincerely,

HER ROYAL HIGHNESS, Princess Lydia Antheia of Balian

Spoiler

And, for now, that is a wrap on Lydia! The past 6-months with this egomaniac has been immensely enjoyable and was a fantastic way to get back into LOTC after my hiatus.

I owe the character's existance to @Shmeepicus, who offered it to me Day 1 of being back. Grateful for playing King Alexander's (favorite) child! ;^)

And thank you to everyone in Balian who welcomed me in my return and helped me find community again on this server. I'd ping you all, but it would take up a huge chunk of this spoiler. I am grateful to every single person who has been with me thus far. If any of you want to rp with Lydia going forward, for a few hours or weekend, please feel free to DM me on discord. She'll hop on the next ship headed from Ba'as!

---

And now, on to even bigger things! o7

Standing on the docks of the Balianese capital harbour, the Princess Royal's arm would ache after many minutes of waving to her sister in farewell as her ship soon began to disappear into the horizon. Tears would stream down her face as she came to accept her sister's departure, as difficult as it may be for her. Memories of a young child squirming within her arms would flash through Elena's mind, recalling the days of being granted the blessing of becoming an older sibling and knowing she would grow to be as proud of her little Lydia as she was the day she departed for lands beyond. 

The Cardinal wonders if she will post him some fine delicious Ba'asi wine he grew accustomed to whilst on an educational visit years ago.