5 year AMA

Axelu

This is a little late, but given I've seen so many people do this recently, I'll give it a shot (AND actually respond, this time...) 

Hold me accountable <3 

Here's to half a decade on here (lol)! I'm looking forward to reading and answering your questions

when r we going on our year long trip around europe?

Heart Eyes Skype Emoji GIF - Heart Eyes Skype Emoji Skype Emoticon -  Discover & Share GIFs

Favorite RP w/me

Favorite Human ruler

Favorite IRL historical figure (mine is Napoleon Bonaparte)

are you proud of yourself, as of current?

what's the best book you have ever read?

and, who's your biggest role model?

Axelu whats your favorite character and why

Also why are your emotes so amazing, like how do they single-handedly immerse me

31 minutes ago, ncarr said:

when r we going on our year long trip around europe?

Heart Eyes Skype Emoji GIF - Heart Eyes Skype Emoji Skype Emoticon -  Discover & Share GIFs

next summer, baby. June 2024. mark it on your calendar. 

30 minutes ago, RIGOR said:

Favorite RP w/me

Favorite Human ruler

Favorite IRL historical figure (mine is Napoleon Bonaparte)

1. Preemptively, I have to say that each time I've rped with you has been wonderful. We really play off of each other's characters and emotes very well, and seldom has rp ever been stale with you - if at all! I'd have to say that one time in Petra when Pavel showed Maude how to fight for the very first time was my favorite. To me, that signaled her shift from being a victimized young girl to a woman -- both in terms of prowess and emotional maturation -- and the beginnings of vulnerability commencing to surface in Sir Ivanovich. 

2. This is a controversial one... Since there are various factors that determine this, and I have a fair selection of NLs that I admire deeply, I'll call out, in particular, @JuliusAakerlund's rule of Haense as Robert I. He was a very altruistic and welcoming King who led an active haense and welcomed me into the fold of Haeseni leadership at the time. I was very new and it's NLs like him that make the experience of assimilating so much more comfortable. It's a practice I've tried to implement when I've had the pleasure of leading a group of players before, as well. I'll also note Ricky's Emperor Augustus. He was a solid ruler with direction, and various facets of player life were strong during his EoM, regardless of any externalities that were being faced. 

3. My favorite historical figure is another point of contention for me! It really depends on the day, but right now, it has to be Eleanor of Aquitaine, and for a few reasons:  Eleanor's marriages to Louis VII and Henry II made her the Queen Consort of both France and England, two of the most powerful kingdoms in medieval Europe. Her influence was not limited to the courtly sphere; she actively participated in political affairs, counseled her husbands, and often acted as a regent when they were absent. Eleanor's court became a center of vibrant cultural and intellectual activities. She played a pivotal role in the development and promotion of courtly love, a literary and cultural movement that influenced medieval European literature and ideals of romance for the centuries to come. She was also actively involvement in the Second Crusade and accompanied her husband Louis VII on the crusade to the Holy Land, becoming one of the few queens to personally participate in a military campaign. While the crusade was ultimately unsuccessful, her participation highlighted her determination, courage, and commitment to her role as a leader and was the mother of several notable rulers, including Richard I (Richard the Lionheart) and John of England. Her children played significant roles in shaping the course of English history, including their involvement in the Angevin Empire and the events of the Plantagenet dynasty. Eleanor of Aquitaine's remarkable rise to power and her ability to assert her influence in a patriarchal society make her a symbol of female strength, resilience, and leadership. She defied the prevailing gender norms of her time, leaving an enduring legacy that continues to inspire and captivate audiences to this day.

28 minutes ago, valecu said:

are you proud of yourself, as of current?

what's the best book you have ever read?

and, who's your biggest role model?

1. I am! I've accomplished a lot in my personal life over the last year, and I am so thankful for the opportunities that have been provided to me, the experiences I've had, and the people and places I've come to know and love, both in real life and virtually through all of you <3

2. The best book I've ever read is, hands down, the Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone. It is widely regarded for its compelling portrayal of an artistic genius, its historical accuracy, and its exploration of universal themes. It continues to be celebrated for its enduring literary merit and its ability to transport readers into the vibrant world of the Renaissance.

3. I try to not idolize one person in particular, but rather, admire many people. I focus on their virtues and shortcomings and try to learn from both. It sounds a bit lonely, but that's how I hold myself and others accountable. However cliché it may sound, however, my mother is someone that I'll always admire and love – despite her virtues and shortcomings. She raised me and set the stage for who I am today through her love of academics, her work ethic, and her compassion (and also stuck through the indomitably annoying adolescent stage). 

23 minutes ago, Matheaww said:

Axelu whats your favorite character and why

Also why are your emotes so amazing, like how do they single-handedly immerse me

My favorite character overall has been Elizaveta vas Ruthern, who married the Count of Dobrov and later went by the epithet of Angeline de Montcalm. Her story was one of the most riveting I had the privilege of instrumenting on this server, and it always flowed so organically too. I wasn't even sad to say goodbye to her because it had just been such a fulfilling play time with her that I knew it was time to let her go.

As for my emotes, I wouldn't say that they are, but thank you <3 Honestly, it's just reading, practice, and getting into character. I try to tailor how flowery or curt they are based on the character that I'm playing, or an emotion I'm trying to convey. 

Would you rather be able to sleep for one hour a day and be fully rested or be able to eat anything and have it be perfectly nutritious

Which one of your characters would you love to meet in the real world, and which one would you hate to meet 

thoughts on the current alarming rise of anti semitism in germany?

also what period of time on lotc has been ur favourite? a specific empire? a specific in game decade?

Ok but who is the best lotcer u know and why is it me?

Do memories exist even if you forget them?