Assistants Wanted

Bonito

ajnwG8QHScCzksB8lUXOjokB2HGrMGuCUIahW0FEAyCU87maCUWyF04uxVG5nFuE1KkwzkqeXEvZ7PGllw3R9C60MI7ZKhVGmKlRTyQSTbAHRIFlYoDSo_P5NZdcC2D1AU8c5PdNuMjTKQ3r1di72oU

Hail Reader,

I find myself on the cusp of a great discovery in the realms of life and death. To achieve such marvel in my lifetime is a blessing surely, but let me tell you why you should care: My magnificent work has come to a crashing halt, but I have calculated a solution. This plan of mine requires three laboratory assistants who are more curious than judgemental, eager to work, and are not discomforted at the sight of blood. This is where you come in, reader. A chance for glory the likes of which you have only dreamt, and of course, a reasonable 15 mina payment for your labors. I am only searching for three, and one of those could be you! If you feel yourself a diamond in the rough, please mail a reply to the Latham Residence answering the following questions:

What is your name?

What is your age?

How many friends do you have? Be specific.

What is your experience assisting brilliant scholars?

What is your level of education?

What is the most impressive thing you have ever seen? Be specific.

The three winners will receive a letter in response!

Best of luck,

Benedict Latham

A letter would be found in the mailbox of the Lantham residence, with the initials A.J. on the outside of it. Upon opening, the reader would find the following-

Benedict Lantham-

I am Asbjorn Foremothers, born to a simple peasant mother in Norland. Of the date of my birth, I am 33 years old, but, I have not lived all those years truly, as I had spent time in a different realm. I have a singular friend, with the rest of my friends and family passing, or gone missing. I spent time with a group of scholars in Karkosa, and helped them achieve research in that horrid place, using my expertise on the field with my blade. I am an able man, able to read, write, participate in mathematics, but, I wish to learn more of the arcane and obtuse. As for this last question, I am truly lacking words in how to describe this particular occurence. Again, within the realm known as Karkosa, I had encountered with other slayers a large bug-like creature, about no bigger than an Orc, in the midst of flight. However, when the creature came to land, it was clear that it's mandibles were made of some kind of alloy, yet moved as if it were organic. Upon my slaying of this creature, it melted into mush, and disappeared into the air.

I thank you for taking the time to read my letter, and hope you consider me as a possible helper.

-Asbjorn Foremothers

What is your name? Aindulmedii I. W.

What is your age? 15

How many friends do you have? Be specific. I don't really have friends beyond my elder sister, not many are around my age, and not many folk are keen on conversing with a child.

What is your experience assisting brilliant scholars? None.

What is your level of education? I was educated by the best tutors my family could acquire.

What is the most impressive thing you have ever seen? Be specific. When a storm passes over the sea, I enjoy watching it from the cliffs of my home. I am surrounded by many fantastical and wondrous things of the voidal arcane, yet this formed naturally and rages distantly and beautifully. It leads me to wonder how one could go to replicate or mimic such a thing in nature. Is it even possible?

[!]

A letter flies fast in its return.

What is your name? 

Ontillas.

What is your age? 

2; one dwarf, and an elf who I believe was recently killed for being a Darkspawn. (Unrelated to the recent Amador fiasco.)

I've some experience working with Philosophers in the Canonist church, but asides from that - none.

None.

I once saw a Templar use his Divine powers to slay a malignant vampyr. Asides from that - nothing of great note. I have devoted myself to worship in following with the family traditions, though I have - as of late - grown bored with such, and desire excitement.

[!] A small letter attached to a garden snail which appears to have brought it all the way to Benedict's mailbox!

What is your name?

Durin Hammerforge

What is your age?

seven friends and perhaps even more! Kazrin Starbreaker, Gilthram Hammerforge, Thalgrim Goldhand, Nara Starbreaker, Norli Starbreaker, Thromdrick Irongut, Falk Irongut, and a few more dwarves

I have helped many scholars in the realm of Almaris craft and complete various tasks to achieve a goal. A notable experience was helping Norli Starbreaker craft his great automation which slayed multiple dragons. I have also aided in the creation of many other crafts along side the smartest folk found within Urguan and beyond. 

Educated by the remembrancers for a few years along with lectures in the library. 

The colossus found in the sands of Almaris which the dwarves ventured into on expeditions. It was created by ancient dwarves and is a testament to dwarven craftsmanship.

[!] A letter found its way over to Latham Home, one written in neat handwriting, that of a writer, and a wax seal of an eagle.

To whom this letter may concern,

I am frequently known as Viktor, roughly, I happen to be in my late fourties as of right now and I'm still as energetic as my twenties. The search for knowledge always ensures youthfulness. In any case, by a quick count and consideration, I have about 13 friends, though it's surely larger, I just did not think about it too hard. As for working with scholars, I do frequently find myself around them, though I do not believe I hold too many scholarly conversations with them as we tend to talk more passively. It's partly why I wish to really put myself out there with this interesting task. As for education level, I consider myself to be very well educated, I've done much research on my own and, more importantly, I'm, in my opinion, a great alchemist. As for topics of what I've seen that impressed me the most, I've watched as great mages opened up a rift without utilizing Voidal Mana. Such magnificent power was released to the point where it drew forth a monster, a giant eye that rested far above us all, staring down at the one who had initiated it all, he was lifted several meters above the ground by that creature who only utilized their mind. Such magical prowess surely is needed to summon a beast such as that.

I hope the letter was to your standards,
Viktor

[!] A small, carefully written letter is attached to a simple rock with a dwarven rune and placed on top of the mailbox.

Good day ser Latham,
I came across your little request and figured I shall offer you my time. I do not require payment or anything sortalike, I merely am a scholar of the unknown. My greed for knowledge and my hunger for what was lost is strong, so i would offer my help free of charge, the experience and the possibility to learn something new is payment enough.
I am now almost five-hundred ninety years old, have seen my fair share of things and do not have many friends. I have many acquaintances, business partners and such, but real friends I only would call one, maybe two people, which I will not list, as I prefer to keep such things private.

My experience with helping scholars is quite wide, I do find myself part of research quite often and I certainly do not mind delving into lesser known territories without judgement. My level of education is very broad, but not very specific I must say. I do not remember much from my original education, but I can write, read and come to logical conclusions based on the empirical approach. My biggest strength is propably my wide point of view and my patience, as I have quite a lot of time at my disposal.

The most impressive thing I have ever seen, is probably a magnificent Blue Crescent of divine origin that I was studying for a while.

If you have any more questions, please refrain from hestitating to reach out to me and I hope this letter finds you in good health,

~Goimbar Goldhand

Dear Sir, 

My name is Nicolette Amador. I am of thirty and one years. I consider very few people to be my friends, but of them are a retired knight, a princess, a wine-maker and my dear cos. 

Though I am blind, I myself am somewhat of a scholar. That being said, I have not been gifted the opportunity to experience another scholar's work, or assist them there. But I am always looking for new opportunities to learn.  

I have received the best education a noble of Haense may have, alongside private tutors. I have studied every book in braille I can come upon, and the ones I cannot read I ask my few friends to audiate for me. The same goes for any letters I recieve. I am well versed in the Canon writings, as well as medicine. I am an adept medic, even without my sight my hands remember what to do. 

The most impressive thing I've seen would have to be the miracle bestowed unto me. I have always been sickly from a young age, and in my twenties I fell extremely ill. Though I recovered, my sight had gradually left me. I was truly blind, when I began to pray to GOD. In the following years, my vision began to return. Slowly, but surely, I can now see shapes in the light. I can see brighter sources of light, such as candles and the sun. On the days when my health and GOD smile upon me, I can even see colors. 

I hope my lack of sight does not affect your choosing. I am often considered disabled, or at a disadvantage- I live to prove them wrong.

Your letter intrigued me, for I too yearn to study life and death. My own sister died when I was but a child, she was never given the proper rites. And so, she returned to haunt me. I always wondered how life, death, whatever is in between and the spirit work together. . . 

Yours truly, 

Nicolette Arika Amador  

[A letter is dropped off some days later at the Latham residence. Its carrier is most strange - a small clockwork crow, fashioned in golden-titnted ferrum and leather bindings. The animatiic creature croaks out scratchy, distorted words that resemble the chant of "Omnissiah! Omnissiah"" before its artificial wings begin to flap, leaving a rolled parchment behind on the windowsill.]

Spoiler

A_eZb1suplDY_jj3ABRqvutiwXCsF79TTZ05B72EbWq8SRuS2rrXeohwTMI4c2aqmq1LLS5uWQKI1kW89H7WYOJ_ra9lrbvoe9r_bPDyft-SxxYty590anolMs8hdL9ou6S0hJhqfdijyQjb0qaByKA

[The rolled parchment has been bound in a wax seal; an imprint embalmed with the symbol of a clockwork being swallowed by a cog. Were the receiver of this mysterious letter, delivered by an even more curious machine, to open it, they would find the following content within]:

To Benedict Latham,

I pray to the Omnissiah for your preservation, in mind, soul, and body thrice. Coming across your notice, I was most intrigued by your field of study - that of life and deathThe curse of rot, that which has afflicted mortalkind for millennia. Though I was fortunate to be offered the greatest boon of the Omnissiah, not all possess the wisdom and foresight to comprehend that the path of the Machine God is the most pious and rewarding trail that one can strive for. And though the Clockwork Lord is a deity of infinite wisdom and knowledge, his influence upon this world, and by extent the evolution of the holy craft of tinkering and automation, has been stagnated in progress immensely. For that reason, I am willing to offer you my mind and assets both to your endeavour.

My name is Servitos. I once wore the skin of man, shackled to mindless and arbitrary flesh. A wasteful and lackluster husk, which I ascended from long ago to assume the form of the blessed machine, under the Omnissiah's eternal guidance and insight. I am what a mortal might refer to as a 'machine spirit', though this term is in technicality false, for every machine from the automaton to the cannons of war possesses a spirit of their own, bestowed unto them righteously by the Deus Automatus. My age is of little relevance, for in my purified state of existence, there is no requirement for the social construct that is age. The machine does not wrinkle as its back shall never hunch from age, just as it shall never tire or ail from disease. The necessity to track my years on this plane ended long ago, and so I simply ceased tracking such a passage of time.

In regards to friendship - I would be dishonest in my penmanship to tell you that I count my associates as friends. The concept of friendship is one deeply rooted within emotional psychology, and to become one with the blessed machine and understand the higher nature of cosmic order is to sacrifice such emotions entirely. That is not to say that I have forsaken any trace of my mortality; my soul remains intact, sealed within my Gear Heart and sanctified by the powers of the Machine God. But much of my being, the fabrics of my very understanding and perspective of reality, have accumulated with the machine now. Rationality and logic are the supreme echelons of order in this being of existence. With that said, one of the core tenants of the Omnissiah is the pursuit of knowledge. Knowledge shall lead to wisdom, and wisdom shall lead to divinity. In turn, all the associates I keep are great scholars and soothseekers. Scientists who study the alchemical arts, who I have assisted a great many times in studying the mysteries that bind our world together, such as the elemental signs that surround us. I have also taken to great craftsmen, those who partake in the holy trade of tinkering, and I have assisted them in many revolutionary projects of innovation and machine-creation, in both branches of the holy trade; that being Animatiic and Smoggers Crafting. I myself am well versed in all of these professions, having dedicated years of my enlightened existence to intricately learn each of these blessed trades, as any rightful Iron Priest of the Machine God should.

You ask me what is the most impressive thing I have seen - there is only one answer I can give you. I have stood before the Omnissiah himself, I have glimpsed the Great Titan with my own cognition, in all of his limitless glory and majesty. I have walked his hallowed halls, and seen the beauty, elegance and innovation of only a small corner of his paradise. The Master of all Knowledge has provided me with secrets both horrifying and beautiful, salvation and enlightenment without limit.

Perhaps you do not believe me. Those who have not seen and done the things that I have could not. But I behest; allow me to join you in your noble mission, and I shall prove to you that none of what I write is simple fabrication. Let us make whole again that which sundered so long ago, and unravel the road toward providence.

May the Omnissiah guide you, 

Servitos.

[At the bottom of the parchment, the same symbol that was upon the wax seal had been imprinted]

hp79JKVAYTgCUwxezDh75mzm0YWnJ98T9AzN_jplJYaqZpax97p5CffeaDf0LpwHPjGAXlne6f6l0cvWnDP7qjzJP9E8AsSfdjBOZn2f35OKXIK4UmYul7myHxujmEkoS5xublgmnAFKKFtiLkUhD6c

Q - What is your name?
A - Slith Cobbett.

Q - What is your age?

A - 84

Q - How many friends do you have? Be specific.

A - Many acquaintances, but only about 5 or so friends I would truly consider close.

Q - What is your experience assisting brilliant scholars?

A - Little beyond the usual 'Collect item X, bring to location Y', however I seek to prove myself proper. I have been performing experiments both with myself and comrades.

Q - What is your level of education?

A - Mastery of basic alchemy, pushing limits towards furthering the art and focusing on experimentation- hence my interest.

Q - What is the most impressive thing you have ever seen? Be specific.

A - Such is wholly dependent on what category of 'impressive' you seek. The beast which was Cloudbreaker and their den three times over. The now forsaken and unholy Spirit known as Ixli, which had attempted to strike mine and many comrades with madness. Other kinder spirits through the usage of shamanic magics. An island with a lone tree harboring Life itself, mirrored upon an endless abyss below.

However, I find that the most impressive thing I have ever truly seen is the material realm itself- despite its initial mundane properties, the amount of things that scream otherwise still echo about throughout the entirety of this world. It is a land of nigh endless potential, and I believe this is why creatures of the beyond seem (from mine own perspective) quite interested in this land. We must learn to use such for ourselves, and I wish to help you in hopes of furthering that knowledge.