[✗] Amendment [Corcitura]

Apotolofo

Original Lore: 

Spoiler

Banes:
-The corcitură can no longer be cured with the exception of becoming a transformative CA that is incompatible with the feat, such as a silit.

Amendment: 

Spoiler

Banes: 

The corcitură can no longer be cured with the exception of becoming a transformative CA, such as an epiphyte, azdrazi, machine spirit etc. 

OOC Purpose: 

Characters change, you know? Maybe after a while they realize they don't want to be a vampire anymore! Maybe a player doesn't like being a corc, but don't want to shelve or pk their character. 

And since Siliti has been hard shelved, at the current moment once you're past the stage of not being able to be cured, that's it. However long you play your character, they will forever be a corcitura. 

I think having this amendment would allow for a second chance both ICly and OOCly. I also think it could provide good narrative for characters who wish to pursue certain magics or paths, but can't because they are a corc. Kind of puts a hard stop on that storyline/character development. 

I'm not sure if all transformative CAs were included in the original redline, but either way it would be nice to clear it up a bit more. 

I think this amendment removes the entire gravitas of foregoing the cure in the first place. It effectively nullifies the consequences, which I don't think is the point of the lore at all and can trivialise the intended character development that comes with such a choice.

It's meant to be a significant and consequential turning point in this CA, so I don't think this amendment improves the CA.

6 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

I think this amendment removes the entire gravitas of foregoing the cure in the first place. It effectively nullifies the consequences, which I don't think is the point of the lore at all and can trivialise the intended character development that comes with such a choice.

It's meant to be a significant and consequential turning point in this CA, so I don't think this amendment improves the CA.

Valid point, but I still believe that it keeps the significance and consequence of the CA. 

You can't ever return to what you were. But you can be transformed into another thing, not that it would be easy. 

The "easy way out" would probably be epiphyte, but there's pros and cons to that CA. 

Turning from one thing to another sounds like a very cringe and cheap way to forgo the curse.

Think if you decide to become a vampire, you stick to being a vampire. Most transformative CAs are irreversible, or have requirements of being a descendant. 

1 hour ago, Apotolofo said:

Valid point, but I still believe that it keeps the significance and consequence of the CA. 

You can't ever return to what you were. But you can be transformed into another thing, not that it would be easy. 

The "easy way out" would probably be epiphyte, but there's pros and cons to that CA. 

Unwise to think that people wouldn't DIRECTLY seek this out as a result of this Amendment. People aren't willing to accept the long-term consequences of their actions. Vargyr are currently yet to be reviewed, but were they to be accepted, it would grant the opportunity for Corcitura who had foregone the cure to be purged of it permanently - only to meet a far worse fate as a Vargyr. The same applied as a Siliti, back when it was still around.

The intention behind the original redline in the first place was to prevent people from seeking an out that would effectively grant some kind of permanent reprieve after already having foregone the cure to the curse in the first place. This amendment grants someone the ability to seek that reprieve and physical redemption despite already having committed to the archetype of Corcitura for the remainder of their character's life, and thus the archetype of being the antagonist. 

That's a choice they've made, they're going to have to stick with it. Simple as. As Werewolf said, otherwise, it's cheap and it effectively foregoes the entire reason you became a Corcitura in the first place. You don't get a chance to come back from the line you've crossed after you forego the cure - that's how it works for all kinds of "evil" creature/disease. 

This lore has been denied. 

There is meant to be finality after a certain point, which cannot be simply escaped. The only in-lore method for Corcitura to be able to do this would be Siliti, which have been for good reason shelved.