Brave: An Optional Roll Combat System

Burnsider

Brave Version 1.1 has now been released! Please see the below change notes.

Statistics: All statistics have had their names changed in order to better differentiate them. Statistics no longer share parts of their name with each other and each one also begins with a different letter. Hat tip to @Fishy for the suggestion.

1. Strength (Offense) has been renamed to Strength.

2. Strength (Defense) has been renamed to Fortitude.

3. Skill (Offense) has been renamed to Training.

4. Skill (Defense) has been renamed to Expertise.

5. Spirit has been renamed to Psyche.

Health: The starting health for each character at the beginning of a fight has been increased from 10 to 25. This, along with the damage changes below, will help reduce the advantage that Strength and Fortitude had over Training and Expertise. The marginal difference in the simulated fights (hat tip to @NotEvilAtAll for the amazing help with this) with these changes do not seem statistically meaningful, especially when considering the ingenuity of the human behind the emotes.

Damage Roll: The standard damage roll has been increased from 1d6 plus modifier to 1d12 plus modifiers. Additionally, damage rolls for attacks that require emote counts have been increased from 2d6 to 2d12. Please see the above note on Health for the reasoning. 

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/...

I like.

Started testing this with the new creatures in the bestiary, modified a bit in a few places like having a basic form of the DnD damage dices for weapon types, will give an update after I try it out a bit more. 

On 9/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, CombatRolePlay said:

Started testing this with the new creatures in the bestiary, modified a bit in a few places like having a basic form of the DnD damage dices for weapon types, will give an update after I try it out a bit more. 

Please include your homebrew to your update. :)