BATS NOT BIRDS

tilly

– BATS NOT BIRDS –

Pt8hmtIpNEZMIpd4nabDA7Ws4re8Vm7qCQTZyGr9w4iveofk7Fwtq2I-_ofNgtB8_jZzoqk8PtDaNL45qhCcn5bD64DsGx1OCGjJwWu2CmS-Av8xBTSfir9F_fISZaaJesgPg2VPDUXrYzrrsxW8Sx8

Issued and averred by

Her Majesty

RENILDE THE FIRST

Atstana de Regne Petrère 89

2Jj-0yhHRlI-I1kq0OSqIjbFIbKn_7TXXcFw_jtZxG_70-nLJ7rWIQjRAXaUuX-Eu9OFzTRIh20Lhfp5BLAomosACMcBbqlVerjkKQquNI2B5O35pqnCM6PjU-BYa4R5CFkZPxYAaU21w3dWJGKaWs2UFCq5RB1MPoE3ZoQvVg6N8NxfW1ZQ-ijPY9eRPA

REGARDING THE TURMOIL BETWEEN THE TWO BRANCHES OF THE LOYAL HOUSE OF HALCOURT,

The crown and Baron George af Brasca have met to settle this matter between the two branches. For the best interest of both vassals, the Crown has hereby decided to take the situation into its own hands and resolve this, and multiple other concerns with the current house of Halcourt. Therefore, it has been decided that;

The Line of d’Artois, and Brasca shall henceforth be split officially. The Brascan line has chosen to relinquish their claim to the Halcourt name, and will be hereafter known as the House af Brasca. Should any of the d’Artois line wish to take up this name and relinquish their Halcourt claims, then they may speak with the Baron to decide such. Should any Brascans wish to remain within the Halcourts and relinquish their claims to Brasca, then they likewise shall be allowed to seek out the d’Artois.

The newly built Keep of Beaumont shall be the lands of the Line of Brasca, due to the architecture and construction of the keep being primarily their hard work. The line of d’Artois shall return to their original landholding above Chambery or be tried with trespassing should the Baron deem it fit.

The Margravate of Clermont shall also be dissolved, to better represent the current size and standing of House Halcourt under the previous Margrave's lead. The titleholder of the Barony of d’Artois shall be decided through either a meeting with both the current Baroness, and the former Margrave, or a letter declaring such signed and confirmed by both parties.

2Jj-0yhHRlI-I1kq0OSqIjbFIbKn_7TXXcFw_jtZxG_70-nLJ7rWIQjRAXaUuX-Eu9OFzTRIh20Lhfp5BLAomosACMcBbqlVerjkKQquNI2B5O35pqnCM6PjU-BYa4R5CFkZPxYAaU21w3dWJGKaWs2UFCq5RB1MPoE3ZoQvVg6N8NxfW1ZQ-ijPY9eRPA

BY MY CROWN AND FOR MY PEOPLE,

Her Royal Majesty, RENILDE I, Queen of the Commonwealth of the Petra

The Honorable, 𝔊𝔢𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔠 𝔞𝔣 𝔅𝔯𝔞𝔰𝔠𝔞, Baron of Brasca, Lord of Beaumont

Spoiler

Here are the chat logs between Pork and Chorale that led me to post this thread:

Spoiler

Putting it in another spoiler bc these screenshots are actually not for the faint of heart:

Spoiler

Lord Aldric Ludovar, the Baron-Consort of d'Artois, fumed as he read the missive. Thoughts flashed through the young soldier's mind as he crumpled up the copy of the missive, throwing it into the flames of the warm tavern of Vladev. No words escaped from his mouth as he strapped his sheathe over his torso and went off to find his older brother Count Otto Ludovar.

Elara, confined to her rooms per her current pregnany, gawked at the missive -- and thereafter, as the family servantry readied her things as well as the Baronne herself to transport back to her own construction (and childhood home), Chambery.

Ceceliya Halcourt shrugged simply. To her this seemed second nature with all the splits, coups, and drama she'd seen since a child. Though she felt rather bad for her husband and children.

The Baron-Regent d'Artois Sir Laurens I Halcourt rolled his eyes and scoffed, looking to his darling wife Ceceliya I,

"It is alright, they've always mistreated us, mon amour. If non else, I feel relieved."
@EmiliainWonderland

An unsightly hag with tangled tufts of red hair stumbled upon the missive, understanding nought but 'Brasca,' for the rest of the writing remained utterly indecipherable to her. "Oi! tha's me fockin' bairns!" She cried!

The Heir of Celia'tahn, Azrael, looked over the missive at least three times ensuring it had said what he believed it do say. 'What did the line of d'Artois do that made Her Majesty, so bitter towards them? To my knowledge they have been loyal and have ne broken the laws in their time as nobles.' He thought to himself. The heir eventually rolled his eyes before taking a copy of the missive to the Baron of Celia'tahn. (@MockingbirdArt)