Too many trolls... including staff.

BaconAvengerII

On 10/30/2023 at 4:30 PM, BaconAvengerII said:

1. I get back, and things are okay for a little while, but... then... somebody swats me OOCly three times and runs off.
2. I spend he next hour IRL looking for food to refill what was taken from the attack.
3. This last person didn't know how to revive me, so, I lost my items.
4. "Hey, could you not do that? Food isn't free, and I don't feel like chasing health bars."

5. The next day, it seems that everybody got the GREAT IDEA to troll me.
Screw with me.
...and they all got a good laugh out of it.

6. I will admit, I saw Simba standing on a wall, but I gave him food, warned him, THEN pushed him.

7. The issue I'm having NOW is that STAFF has taken up the mantle of 'troll'.

8. I made a declaration that I would kill anybody who swatted me.
9. I can't REPORT them for it BECAUSE THEY'RE STAFF.

10. I have asked nicely, I have begged, I have gotten angry, I've tried setting PvP timers, making statements publicly, and yet... the "Goon Squads" can't help but "Get a rise" out of me.

"Well, if you didn't react this way, they wouldn't do it."
I'm sorry, are you victim blaming?
I'm literally being attacked in PvP and demanding it stops, and that demand is a "bad reaction"?
You trolls have just pushed a user out of this community.
Somebody who genuinely enjoyed writing with you all.
...and all because you couldn't treat me like a human being.

Goodbye.

1. I think one of the issues people have had with this post/the way you complain is that you call it swatting. A lot of people genuinely believed you were having cops called on you. When I suggested you refer to it as being hit/etc you said it "wasn't your ******* problem".

2. Plenty of people have offered food, though I know that isn't the original issue or even a major part of it. It's just a minor inconvenience that makes it harder to do anything in game and doesn't excuse the behavior at all. 

3. Then modreq on them and get them in trouble. Mods can't really do anything if you're not actively advocating for yourself to them in reqs and reports (actual reports not forum posts).

4. Reasonable request, you're in a goon city, everyone gets punched but if you ask them to stop they should. 

5. Why didn't you submit a player report if you felt genuinely harassed about this? I'm not victim blaming here, it's just the natural next step on LotC if you want people to get in trouble and they're not listening to your requests. Or you could have modreq'd and had a moderator speak to them. I've had to do similar in the past. 

6. I will say that objectively you cannot be doing this same behavior if you don't want people to do it to you, even if it's different people doing it and even if you think the circumstances are different. If I go around punching people then I'm going to get punched back or chased down. That's just how it goes in a town like Veletz. 

7. Have you made a staff report then?

8. So you're actively threatening people that you're going to pvp them and kill them instead of having staff handle the issue? That is, of course, only going to make the situation worse as you've found out. It's like when I used to be toxic back to people hating on me instead of speaking to mods about it. No one wins in the end when you're just stooping to their level. 

9. You can report them to the admins. Or post it as a staff report Public Player Report - The Lord Of The Craft I believe there's an option for private reports as well.

10. I don't think its victim blaming or anything so much as most people on this server are going to be socially inept and not understand when they're taking things too far. As well, you were threatening to kill them in pvp, which is objectively a bad reaction. I understand you were frustrated however, and just were trying to make it stop. That said, I know a lot of people were genuinely confused that this was an actual issue and not just banter, since this sort of banter used to be common in communities of similar groups. Your concerns and frustrations are valid but there's definitely better ways to go about getting it handled.

11. I'm objectively not a fan of the threats to quit a server/community to get things handled the way you want when you didn't take the steps with staff to get it handled. It comes across very poorly, especially when you don't actually quit. Though, I am glad you didn't quit. You're a good roleplayer just venting frustration about a situation you dislike. But, again, for future issues you should probably just make a player report instead of screaming at people, cussing them, and threaatening to do worse to them. Mods will handle stuff fairly and players will listen to them or get banned. Its that shrimple.