CROWN AND SWORD:

ON THE BROTHERHOOD OF ST. KARL

edOGKfdDpuQpP3Ys8zu9clQOVp3D8V9HqF3W72vowgc0Lem4IoZsGrp8gTw2UJ160d-vo2vt0DO7IvUagc7ieRHN2864hot1tNxrQ8P3nDXiuBTeq25mcgSNFzJku9eaZX7qKaAwlgsrxGrMxfkA_h0

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

Issued by the

CROWN

On this 11th day of Tov ag Yermey of 503 E.S.

Spoiler

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

It is with heavy heart that the Crown hereby announces the loss of a stalwart protector and dear friend of our realm, Ser Arthur Gant [ @indiana105 ]. Our valiant Lord Marshal led a life that stands as testament to unwavering dedication and unyielding bravery; the pinnacle representation of Saint Karl's values. From the battlefield to the halls of our Prikaz, his presence alone was a boon of honor and loyalty. We grieve for his passing, for our Kingdom has lost not only a skilled leader, but a true Haeseni soul.

In wake of this tragedy, it is indeed true our hearts hang heavy, yet our spirits should burn hereon with fierce determination.

Lord Marshal Ser Arthur Gant had ventured into the Westerwald with a detachment of five initiates, leading a future generation of Brothers and Sisters onward to face the glory that is their Oath Hunt. It was during this hunt that the group was ambushed by poachers who navigated the terrain and rivers with skill unseen. Ser Arthur demanded they lay down their arms and submit to the King’s justice, that they might yet live to see another day. This mercy was answered with his murder. Those poachers who assailed our Lord Marshal were slain rightly in the ensuing skirmish, though not before claiming another man of the Brotherhood. 

Our riders bring reports of fires in the night and further banditry along the western frontier. The cravens who took Ser Arthur from us did not act alone. None shall escape the vengeance of our Kingdom. The Brotherhood of Saint Karl, the shield that guards us has been struck a grievous blow. We are not a people to be cowed by darkness, Ser Arthur would hate to see it so. We shall emerge with a resolve sharper than any blade, a resolve that demands retribution.

As your King, Grand Hetman of the Army, I bear the weight of this Kingdom's defense upon my shoulders. The Brotherhood of Saint Karl, our revered military, shall now find its primary commander in I. Without a suitable successor for the Lord Marshal Gant, I shall bear both Crown upon my brow and sword in my hand. 

In face of this tragedy, I see an opportunity for rebirth. A new era dawns upon the Brotherhood, for Haense, and for every denizen who calls this Kingdom their home. It shall be my ultimate focus to fortify the Brotherhood, ensuring its ranks are filled with individuals of unwavering loyalty and indomitable courage.

Let the world know that Haense stands unbroken. 

For even in our grief, we are formidable; and we shall not falter.

DLUM EDLERVIKI, DRUZ ZVAERDI,

HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, Aleksandr II, by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Hochmeister of the Order of the Crow, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Slesvik, Solvesborg, and Ulgaard, Duke of Carnatia, and Vanaheim, Margrave of Korstadt, Rothswald, and Vasiland, Count of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Siegrad, Torun, Toruv, Valdev, and Werdenburg, Viscount of Varna, Baron of Astfield, Buck, Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, and Rytsburg, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector and Lord of the Highlanders, etcetera.

bwueVdxRgrduIiWOFunaPY7nQIafxo51dvVvmi2JY0G6VTcgI1ETiYN7afVs-JTz9yF8BYvUyIh0ZK6vTfqJXjiVelmhgCk6Tb_Ohgq47YuL7Vvg_ElnDrIlYuSuISFSahg1RsLiN0Jq68SHhR2BrsM

The newly arisen knight read the letter with a careful gaze, his eyes scanning each and every word as he pondered on the future of the Brotherhood.  When at last he had reached the end, he lowered the parchment to the table before him, and let loose a quiet sigh.  It was a tragic end for one as loyal as the Lord Marshal.  But now, it was the King who took up the mantle in leadership within their beloved armed forces.  The King was not only the de-facto leader of Haense, but a symbolic one as well.  To serve underneath his was already an honor... but to rally behind him would be an even greater one.

"Krusae Zwy Kongzem."

"Took em long enough..." *Onon grumbled as he waited a good couple of months for this exact post more so anoyed rather then anything* "Well, shame we had not learnt of what actually happend before- and I hope they do keep the note in mind. At least now I know who to bother about the balistas if it takes the designated person too long.." *With such, he headed off to continue on his day* 

Anatoliy Ilya Alyovich Godunov read the missive. As one of those mentioned initiates - As the nephew who carried his uncle's body and sword home to his Kingdom - The expected announcement of his death was unsurprising.

His gauntleted hand clenched the paper, shredding through it in moments. His right hand slammed to his chestplate, and he gazed up to the sky.

"Rest now, aedypapej. Vyr sacrifice will mean something. Ea swear it."

The War Poet read the missive carefully and signed the Hussaryian upon hearing the grim news that befell the Gant. While he did not serve as long as his contemporaries, he held the Marshal with high regard during that service. Now twenty, and a man in his prime, Leonid did know that the task was now up to him and his peers to pick up the pieces left. It was the end of the old Marshal, but the start of the New Generation.

'A king brave enough to fight line-upon-line with his men draws respect...' the thoughts of a far off historian and committee head in his typical fine attire, sitting at his writing desk as he read the missive.