[NEWS]【✧ KAKTUZ WEEKLI ISSUE X ✧】

Gomoore

Newspapers are spread throughout Aevos.

They’re made of two sheets of cheap paper, simply stacked and folded together and yet they are

surprisingly colorful, with doodles and familiar drawings! Could this be… no way!

j3bXe9JzFIjHsOesq_1gG7jH-WiX9bRZHlbqEGartXuEkOtxQ2oql9nh6ROSN8qWkaqo447MUw58NnCxhzVqOvxLYuf2QP2Y2cUY5StNeb3MlVQVQEmxh3Q15K4RXWnQXROY2t3UW85kDAdKFqO8Cys
Issue Azhty (X) — Azh’Kint’H’ty’H’ (CLV) D.A.

tx5TlZvkmmK5OcbFOSRB5DGaRrrfILDjceW8D6l2seormjBRrIMfYxn39NhEqkD3ArWkN6XmeKdZ4tkanzJYYipO9qe3mZrFOi_hsi2ChZUEhm7HPGg-cyzOASAjr35fH1ZJ3ltR6N9QIHxaAnyLYDU
ORC POLITICS

A Great Party in Krugmar!

t4y9YwagJhBsVFgvgOCE6WQe_NsGkHneSwCkVPhuwz3nAhaBqs4nXe0Lsfb0mL0KeLQovtjz0esJM3qlvXSMtjdLoCmo5-HttKv0CppCT7k1SkkL91TDEJPiC4TkbF4gv99t4ICxXi2tKL0sx5U8vmE

After last cactus week’s Klamor, as nobody claimed Rex Grubnakh’Lak’s seat as their own, the new Ologarchy of the Iron Horde seems to be firmly in place. The Vassals have accepted the new leadership, and orcish delegations went to lesser cities to demand tribute, which they have received after threatening them of War.

PSJhp_d2aH70jxSsuJMVHdHThAqLqZE8oJ3PozkPIx1tA7lHqhwTA4oIvblwkHUTZAb-jZDp0ZhbgcIIVa3dEJGsJOlEx5P43ATlFlzBzn_pWclO5xy3FNOKcRVyqIttw0ryqUBH-f1SeStmFdPWidQ KPOz8QLptNmlA_Mn6sKtJGi3tFC9lfeSeK9tf2FKTH5pHQ2VCROKNpovjmn766GUkCkhnaGVae1Cnv-HJQyYl7Mg69xWqnhzJLUZiL5dEN9n4-1lJcDxK79B_Snpx8Lk5DqVQrHmkuCmsrJloOit8Ao

Mog’Mog, an Olog and long-time scribe for Grubnakh’Lak, has initiated diplomatic relations with Urguan. He invited the leader of the dwarves of Urguan, Grand King Garedyn, on The Deep Cold [tuesday] to discuss an alliance with the Iron Horde. The dwarven king came with gifts of metal to Mog’Mog, and after a short conversation, they agreed to have at least a defensive alliance. Mog’Mog, however, advocated for a “Full Military Alliance” which he says Rex Grubnakh calls for, in order to “make a statement of true unity between Urguan and the Iron Horde”.

To those unfamiliar with ologs, it should be pointed out again that this behavior is not normal. Grubnakh and Mog are, as far as our records go, the first and only ologs to seemingly easily read, write, and even carry out strategic operations.

This Iron Alliance —between Urguan and the Iron Horde— also raises the question of Urguan’s diplomatic relations, as they are already allied with Haense and Hyspia, and have a non-aggression pact with Nor’Asath. Though Mog’Mog admitted that not much could be done against the Iron Horde’s bloodlustful nature, he has accepted that further discussion be held regarding the raids which often target those nations.

Because “military alliances need to be approved by the moot” under dwarven laws, Grand King Garedyn has vowed to “hold a meeting to discuss the full alliance” with the King’s Court on the Grand Harvest [sunday]. At the time of publication, this should be next cactus day.

To ensure good diplomatic relations between orcs and dwarves, Mog’Mog has offered the following; to organize a big party in San’Brîu, right before the King’s Court. And so the preparations began, and all of Urguan, as well as anyone who wishes to see how Orcs party are invited! There will be lots of “beer, yes, and the strong stuff!” Mog’Mog proudly announced. One should also expect cactus green and all the fine drugs that Krugmar produces!

h_gC-8Ji2zKUcg9JoYFhS_YWVefYOj3rTcoLtWARYwF2oLFSIdnmMKshWifkj5Byl7gnVjigXHWWLVa6BjiOmIJ1mmXjPqqxXr3wEjOvbqkuq53z0cy-ZPD8XkKO9JQvoAd0N4caJVMX7V8G1a1ZuKE
FOREIGN AFFAIRS

A New Pontiff for the Canonist Church

The Pontiff Sixtus the fifth passed away about two cactus months ago, and the Canonist Church has had no replacement so far. But after careful deliberation, it seems the College of Cardinals —those who elect the Pontiff— have come to a decision and elected one of them, Father Arnaud as their new Pontiff.

xmXVXhUS9Pa25u2NEApf1AhMd_L5SmC3RmJt5-QdPabLvV1AeS-pQDBQuk0VE_WafgBnTAsayjptYGUDbJde1mmBOhP2FoQrGBrtR8CvLq1vg8C1Xv5YANszyu1IWfchV1z7DoataZy-ehTwMPq-1e4

And so, Father Arnaud, born Arnaud Constantine Novellen, who is currently Archbishop of Albarosa, will soon be Pontiff, with a new name which currently remains undisclosed. The pontifical Coronation will be held this cactus day [Friday 17 Nov.] in the Temple of the Exalted Prophets of the Canon in Aaun. Father Arnaud has been kind enough to take the time to answer a few questions for the Kaktuz Weekli.

Could you describe to our readers what the role of the Pontiff is? What duties do you have towards Canonists, and non-Canonists?

The Pontiff, —also known as High Pontiff— is the leader of our religion. You could say I will be the leader of our organization of priests. But the Pontiff is also the Vicar of God. It means I will represent God once I am officiated in my role.” — “To canonists it is essentially the personification of our faith and religion, and to non-canonists…” he paused. “I suppose one could say my duty is to try to convert them… or otherwise guide them morally.”

What are your aspirations as the soon-to-be Pontiff? Do you wish to reform the Canonist Church, and in which ways?

“I hope to be a unifying figure for the various canonist realms, as they has been trouble brewing and not every nation has been particularly happy with the Church’s diplomacy in recent years. I also wish to finish some of the projects that my predecessor started, like reforming our religious laws and the way the Church is run.

“I also wish to start great construction works to relocate the Holy See” —the capital of Canonism— “Currently, it is inadequate; it is small, not very providing… Founding a church state is not out of the question either.”

What are your thoughts on Pontiff Sixtus V’s legacy? As you certainly know, he had vowed to improve the clergy’s teachings, and to spread the Canonist faith. And for a more personal question, what would you say are your dreams?

“I believe that my predecessor, Sixtus the fifth, was a good Pontiff for the time he was around. Sadly, due to health issues, he was absent for most of his pontificate. But I share one of those dreams with him: I want to strengthen people’s faith.

“As a priest, people currently call me Father, and as High Pontiff I will be the Father of all of the Canonist world. As a father I will be kind and compassionate with my children, because I want to see them grow. But to help his children grow a father must also be strict sometimes. I’ve decided I am sick of part time believers, the kind that are devoted when they are in a church or with a priest, but who turn their back on God and do bad things when they think God can’t see them.”

After a moment, he concluded; “My dream is to bring canonists from all nations together as one big family and to reinvigorate our church. For too long we have been stagnant, absent, withdrawn from the world and uninspiring. I want to be a Pontiff of action. I think a lot of our more devoted followers are quite ready for some action.”

tx5TlZvkmmK5OcbFOSRB5DGaRrrfILDjceW8D6l2seormjBRrIMfYxn39NhEqkD3ArWkN6XmeKdZ4tkanzJYYipO9qe3mZrFOi_hsi2ChZUEhm7HPGg-cyzOASAjr35fH1ZJ3ltR6N9QIHxaAnyLYDU

ORCISH CULTURE 

Greater Spirits: Meet Freygoth!

Orcs are Spiritualists; this means we worship the spirits which inhabit, or represent various aspects of the material plane. An orc who has displayed exceptional virtue, or quality and dedication to an art can also become a spirit. Those ancestors who keep inspiring us become ancestral spirits and receive worship from those who wish to pursue their art.

The spirits are of various types; those who represent elements are known as Greater Elemental Spirits, those who ascended —as described above— are Ancestral Spirits. Then, Greater and Lesser Immortal Spirits govern concepts or emotions. Today, we will focus on one of the Greater Immortal Spirits: Freygoth!

wdJF3588KnOYM9NBXjbUVzs3qYjdBI1DNj_oqChtHD2ZVkIbty2KG4Be5RjIfELQ7lBpq50neduDhiqp1c-vqvuULf3wO5rc3rvt7wPMXuR36j9EtjCNPIiiFDV2G6QyarG2W8pfhK0S0OHgxeZwgroo8j6ozTt6mzNH6p4faZe5IOi1dVLi5JBXmmowZfIGxYgd-bWx5yzP1fVnlD6J186n3j2SioOxoWlPK4nmAUhwjHqz49EWXYzasfRDHG4AHb8fZuCEfF0YXxUHLoFz8eRf7iraHswvDNsp9a3xAlFXiM

Freygoth is the spirit of the Wild, Nature and Animals. She is often depicted as a caring nature with a motherly face. She is a Greater Immortal— meaning she has Lesser Immortals who serve her, much like Vassals to a Nation. Laklul, the spirit of swamps, is certainly the most widely known Lesser Immortal under Freygoth. However, worshippers of Laklul often despise Freygoth; they say that Laklul should be a Greater Immortal, and that Freygoth holds Laklul prisoner in the Lesser status.

Worshippers of Freygoth value life and nature; unlike many spirits, sacrifices to Freygoth would certainly yield nothing but her rage. A more sensible approach is to dedicate ponds or parks to her name, restore or foster nature around her shrines, and, generally, caring for creatures around oneself.

h_gC-8Ji2zKUcg9JoYFhS_YWVefYOj3rTcoLtWARYwF2oLFSIdnmMKshWifkj5Byl7gnVjigXHWWLVa6BjiOmIJ1mmXjPqqxXr3wEjOvbqkuq53z0cy-ZPD8XkKO9JQvoAd0N4caJVMX7V8G1a1ZuKE

King Patches of Babblebrook sat upon his moss cushioned throne, his cheek resting on his small fist as he read through another issue of the Kaktuz Weekli.

"I have to say I'm enjoying these being delivered to my little village... I wonder if any more Musin enjoy reading this newspaper as much as I do..."

The Musin King gave a little shrug as he flipped the page and continued reading. A smile on his fuzzy face.

1 minute ago, Zanael Moonstrider said:

"I have to say I'm enjoying these being delivered to my little village... I wonder if any more Musin enjoy reading this newspaper as much as I do..."

A few doors down Spuds was reading the weekly issue as he leaned against a wall “This sure is nice, I wonder if anyone else here loves this paper as much as I do?”

Sixtus the Sixth blesses this edition of the newspaper.