The Ascension of Queen Sybille I

HIGH_FIRE

"God bless, Queen Sybille. May your reign be long and prosperous,"

Albéric stated, proud to witness how far his niece and student had come.

Lucian Alexander d'Viuva offers a singular and solemn, "Hail, Queen Sybille", as he reads the missive pinned to a notice board on the streets of Portoregne.

An aging Baron sat alone in his quarters, smoke from his cigar clouding the room. Choked sobs could be heard from outside, dulling to ill-hidden sniffles as his attendant read aloud the flier.

"King Adrian is dead," John Augustus mumbled. "Long live ... Queen Sybille."

"God bless Queen Sybille I, may her reign be endless!" Lalina would utter after a scholar had helped her with the reading.

“Long live the Queen.” Gwenyth stood with the missive in hand and a bright grin tugging at her lips. With six eager children on either side of her as she’d read aloud, her chest swelled with pride for her closest cousin. 

Andromeda of Ba'as, The Queen Mother of Balian, draped herself in mourning attire with a regal grace, retreating to the sanctuary of her chamber. In echoes of a sorrowful past, akin to the departure of her first daughter, she reflected with a weighty heart. "May my daughter revel in a protracted and tranquil reign as the first Queen of Balian. My heart swells with pride for her remarkable achievements." Infused with a determined purpose, she retrieved parchment and quill, commencing the composition of a deeply heartfelt letter to her beloved daughter. "Queen Sybille..." The words escaped her lips in a whispered reverence, a subtle smile gracing her countenance as she spoke. 

Red felt an unmistakeable sense of pride at being mentioned.

Ezren would smile proudly as he looked towards his wife, the first Queen Regent of Balian. His heart swelled with joy as he pictured the future of their nation. That evening as he sat beside their eldest son and heir as the boy was tucking into bed, he began his nightly storytelling with the reign of a queen whos queendom would rival all the previous kingdoms before it. The story did not yet have an ending, for the boy was long in slumber before even the midpoint. The father smiled fondly at the small figure, bending down to kiss Xander's forehead before blowing out the candle at the bedside.