DEATH OF A HAMMERHEAD'S HEIR

ContestedSnow

6gBu2h0c88S9qcRXPqhD43cam51Cbdl3oPo-MJiIuK3UoEIuK8dGCkDSTc79bmZ3A1Iz35aV0BFF4KKGXgiRLOrPgkXyAhcuaJ_7MzrJoCF-TRdocpx9n9bl_yjSeHKI2ij9Ms8o3XbnpEGP

KpIp5KcTMdtihW14_rZI6FA7gVNvVcseT_rAom9tNhQcPl9L9dFLMqu6T8vhlaOrVw89X1Gi8PJQ1S1myvB8ui6csW54b0tIcYpmEAC1BtmNLvgdFPB43ToPW7zF-XweZ0RXp8KAJ6M6PRZu

Issued by the

DUKE OF VIDAUS

On the 12th day of Vyzmey ag Hyff of 515 E.S.

To the Noble People of the Kingdom of Haense,

It is with a heavy heart and profound sorrow that we convey the news of the untimely passing of a cherished member of the esteemed House of Ruthern. In the quiet residence of the Castle of Morteskvan, within the walls of the ducal chambers, tragedy has befallen the realm, as Mikhaila vas Ruthern, the beloved heir to the Duchy of Vidaus, has departed during the sacred act of childbirth. Her motherhood was a sacrament held most dearly, and her great love for rearing the next generation, unfortunately, claimed her life.

Thus, we dub her as ‘Mikhaila the Mother’.

Mikhaila was not only a beacon of hope and ambition for the next generation of the House of Ruthern but also a symbol of unity and strength for the entire Kingdom of Haense. Her untimely demise leaves an irreplaceable void in the hearts of her family and friends, and is a great loss to the future of the Ruthern lands.

In her brief time among the people, Mikhaila demonstrated unwavering dedication to her kin and a profound sense of responsibility towards her noble lineage. Her compassion, wisdom, and kindness were virtues that held the path of those fortunate enough to know her.

During this time of profound grief, let the people come together as a kingdom to offer solace and support to the grieving House of  Ruthern. The loss of an heir is a tragedy that extends beyond the confines of a family, touching the very essence of the shared community.

MIKHAILA ‘THE MOTHER’ VAS RUTHERN

484 ES - 515 ES

alt07sWZThhlaw_I3Q7N1XI6HNxqYxrx_zgH1G57YEhaksuyUNbtp3YLGynpAeLo57xRJxt0PRh50UvExSNho8GWbW6wff4SbMp9tZvm70FiAuLypJ4RK0Av2ZnX7RhDRrmiB6FsFBiUkGBA

In her passing, she has left the last of her children to prosper in her stead. The title of Heiress now rests upon the shoulders of  her eldest daughter, Lady Tatiyana Josefina. In time, she shall earn the title of Baroness, just as her mother did before her.

Spoiler

I would like to give thanks to @PerfectlyPeachy for bringing a lot of character to Mikhaila, her character and my daughter (and EX-HEIR), and to thank @libertyybellefor her great work writing this up in super speed. very nice and very appreciated.

I'd also like to wish @Mady luck now that she's officially heir.

great heavens.

DRUZ GJERNZ AG GRYVNZ,

His Grace, Viktor var Ruthern, Duke of Vidaus, Count of Metterden, Viscount of Greyspine, Baron of Rostig, Lord of Morteskvan, Patriarch of All-Ruthern and Protector of the South

vY9QDv7FWj5ee5rqE6idAmxLmWpAWBbdwBbb54_1sXYNg2rq7HdSV2oSS9cpjuXX3RoF48TdnMNLzgV-fvOh2b7FI9rTg2fri2BywNf81T_A8hmUxdec7c2GrZpu-fNcDbiH5Ngy8XFd2GJd

Tatiyana vas Ruthern would lock herself up, mourning her mother’s loss. . .

Finally, she was at rest.

Spoiler

I can't say thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to play this character when I did. It was a joy to be with all of my friends, thanks to the house for being so patient with me following my loss. Good luck to you all, can't wait to be roleplaying with you all again sometime soon :)

Ludvika Ludovar began to write Mikhaila into a grandiose and strong protagonist in her next play, mourning the loss of her childhood friend. 

Sveta sat in her high towered room, welcoming the cold now instead of fighting against it. She pictured when she would sit with her mother before she grew ill. Still, she had yet to cry. Staring off toward the golden cross that sat on the mountain top aside the castle. 

Alexander Montalt stood silently alongside his father Philip in a ruinous cargo hold. Since the destruction of the League of Veletz, the man's family was once again cast adrift. However, it was only natural that his people fared better at sea than among paved city streets. Upon reaching land after months of arduous travel, the young man stepped out, his scuffed black boots kicking up sand as he stepped off onto the beach from the pier making his way down step by step. Alex turned in for the night not too long after before he awoke to the pounding of his door in the inn. His aged father stood there.

It was then that Alexander received the foul news. The news that Mikhaila his childhood friend and once betrothed had perished. There was no small amount of grief on the young man's face.

He spoke a quiet eulogy on her behalf to the waves that crested the coast, a seashell resting flat on his pale palm, riding against the ridge of his calloused knuckles.

"Goodbye my old friend," he thought somberly. "I shall tell your kid all about you. Your kindness to a ward from a far-off land. May your soul illuminate the Skies with joy."

In the upper halls of that gloomy, foreboding fortress Morteskvan, a family mourned a mother and heir. Down the drafty corridor, a sniffling nursemaid attended to the newborn who had killed the future of House Ruthern as she was brought into the world. Wailing and crying was all the babe could do, it seemed, and for the weeks and months ahead it was all they would receive from Milena 'Matricida'. Servants of the ducal household whispered of those late nights, however, when the air went cold and all was quiet, save for the eerie gurgling of the death-marked infant.