Letters to House Weis | 1962

[This is a private letter! Please only reply if you were mentioned in the spoiler at the bottom, or have been given a copy via roleplay.]

image.png?ex=65d0f7d3&is=65be82d3&hm=95a

u9grX-3CSIxXi8M4gxNhNDsbLgJ7C-FJgHu4SldbE12rgPEfqVyJxC2h7UFaWnyizVRU_8n9kRaTPiQBy4L6cuvQ6GzKQ3dzuz1GaUq0nIkUo3dbds22OQ0yEidDD19f6JXCzVGXwtV7y-oJ8N0MYPLZ-J3VfzLo5ffUAif0efYCyqsUw3PJ8KlblKay-w

“TO the venerable House Weiss,

I pen this letter in exasperation. Recent developments have come to my attention, prompting the need for an open discussion between us, patriarch to patriarch. 

The matter in question pertains to my heir, Christopher Galbraith, and his sudden betrothal to your heir, Ofeliya. I have no qualms with their relationship and I support my son in whomever he loves, and despite the lack of warning, I am fine with their marriage. Ofeliya is kind, and your House is a good sort. HOWEVER, there comes a point when lack of communication turns from improper to insulting. Only once have I ever been given the opportunity to meet your kin, and I & my wife, Princess Lucia, never were given the chance to discuss the matter of losing our Heir: we’ve been out of the loop nearly the entire duration of their courting. 

Imagine my horror when I was told that my son was supposedly then made to lose his eye in order to gain approval. Not only that – but he then had to pay his own dowry to marry into Weiss, a hefty fine of half a thousand mina or his favored Azhl dagger. This ignores much of humanity’s custom that if there even is to be a dowry, it’s to be paid to the family losing a member, by the family gaining one. My own family’s customs in marriage have also been ignored, and our customs in fashion and work were even insulted by a member of your house.

I was advised by a close friend; Gwenyth, to speak to you on this matter. It’s understood that misunderstandings may have arisen, possibly even worsened by the ongoing war [Adrians, am I right?]. I request we meet sometime in the near future to discuss these issues, and hopefully, settle things out.

[!] A small addendum was added to the back of the parchment in true barbecue-dad fashion."P.S. Do you like to barbecue? We have a grill at Cascanova. A good icebreaker."

34ApVSiQwa6HnAy7FZBB1tNor0udiQwnxJALTqjbmMSIZFgZOoMqHtPZLd4xRFI8_CccTOKUHsynHdCV0iujUdzhuR4BW7C6jodW2nwwCdLFdx4kPIXdmq7DrlAGDuEoX_RjrKOIfbMsPX_LvbMVnSs

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

His Excellency, John Augustus Galbraith,

Baron of Cascanova, Patriarches de Galbraith, Secretary of Diplomatic Affairs, Royal Legate,

Ward of the King.  

Her Highness, Lucía Raquel Adalia Laurelie Camilla de Pelear, 

Princess of Hyspia, Gran Mayordomo of La Dorada.

hnOYoKOtPsCVqLhoG2SIFpkrl9cRC8q1pMSN0JYklLKjkNPBEqv_QXaXxB25MC4QtbWBvyIaJYfjz7syGRIkQDAQ84C5vd4DQskpacU5Tn-kwg1LDoxCvB1G6XKYd9Y4I5qO8Rp0HNXsjVJ-gx3MSbM

Walter Weiss recieved the letter. He paused a moment, and began to pen a response to be sent via bird!