[PK] THE DEATH OF LANRE CERUSIL

sam33497

Sarah stands in thought at the edge of a lake, staring into its clear blue water.

The faintest ripple of lamentable disturbance tingles within her spine at Lanre's passing. She knew then what had happened.

"O' Lanre, how cruel this world of ours is... So quick to judge, yet so slow to forgive. I know that were you still here, you'd have sown so much good. May you find peace in rest, friend."

Following her sigh, a tear is shed for Lanre. It hits the lakes edge, causing a ripple to spread across its surface.

Elathion took note of the Cerusil's passing with mixed feelings... Nonetheless, he poured out drink for the fallen warrior as he stared across the battlements of a besieged fortress.

As she looked upon her fiance... in their final moments...

Spoiler

382610b9998c59461e0b08663bf79c89.png
ff5f591831ef6d6b33f04332616e9a55.png
d5c142fa6385f3d098594dd520c8a769.png
b3833aa29c29cdbcd6ca6cda92dbb87c.png
15d5c88cb2be8ebab32d3eaf61ea2eaa.png
ba866c8ba35e5bccfebcbad93d2f9c78.png
a56d7e41eb46422d85b569759632a629.png

Sydney doesn't know what happened. How could he? 

If he did know, how would he feel?

Lanre put him through a lot, but he saved Syd's life when it counted. 

Sydney may be an idiot, but he knows more than anyone really gives him credit for. If word spread, if there was speculation...

He may be able to offer more than anyone would have expected. 

Rest in peace Lanre. Sydney's ignorance will bring him bliss. 

"'Ker like him come along only once in a few hundred years." Ahnakriel lamented over some ur'ba in his fiery chambers, the Azdrazi shortly recalling the bloodlusting memories that passed, "I shall await his reincarnation patiently." the undying Nephilim mused under a breath, relaxing in his little burning hole, putting the fire-cucumbers back onto his eyelids.

15 minutes ago, Ryanark said:

"'Ker like him come along only once in a few hundred years." Ahnakriel lamented over some ur'ba in his fiery chambers, the Azdrazi shortly recalling the bloodlusting memories that passed, "I shall await his reincarnation patiently." the undying Nephilim mused under a breath, relaxing in his little burning hole, putting the fire-cucumbers back onto his eyelids.

Lanre Cerusil turns black in the wastes of Ebrietas at Ahnakriel's words.

In the young Mana Weaver's inner sanctum, she let drop a final paper with trembling hands. The collective of bloodstained pages were gently met with one more failure; or success, gently floating down into place. She refused to believe. Isabella had been given the same answer again, been offered reconciliation, but still she denied, even now. It was as if no outcome could truly satisfy. They were all ugly and imperfect. Corrupted and tainted by things beyond her power.

There was never a final piece. Each gap filled created another. 

Every solution would create another problem.

Such was the nature of things. 

Her mind swam for hours. Days. For years; always. What existed within the gale beyond howled with the demand to be expressed, to be understood, to become real. Alas, she lacked the strength or the understanding to have it wrought into existence. To attempt on ones own would to be consumed and destroyed. And so, no display was made. No brilliant outburst, no monumental declaration. Not a maelstrom, rather, a steady pace. One foot in front of the other. A trickle,

torturously slow, nauseatingly moderate. Subdued yet unbroken. 

Such had been bound in ages past. 

So bound, even today. 

From her bed, a sickly, retired writer lightly smiles. She had not liked him, but as a man surrounded by rumors he was a joy to write about.

Sylvin Cerusil stood overlooking the Cerusil manor from a distant hill, reminiscing of all his memories with his brother - stretching from realm to realm, land to land, era by era. The missive still clutched in his hand, Sylvin grieved, regret weighing heavy on his heart. 

Spidy post numba 2:

"His death is not widely spread. So just... keep it to yourself."

"I understand. I do not even... know who died."

"Today, the greatest mage of our time died."

"...Who?"

"Lanre Cerusil."

As Kiva stares at the man before them, they do not understand. They do not comprehend. They didn't know Lanre, but they liked him. He seemed a bit sarcastic, but that was alright. Kiva liked everyone. They wanted to befriend everyone. 

They watched Lanre fight. They watched him win. This makes no sense.

"AHH!" Yelps a man outside, reminding Kiva of the demon nearby.

"Does Scrisa know?"
"She went with him to the trap... She hasn't been seen since either."

Kiva's teacher, Kiva's friend, who Kiva does not really know.

The woman nearby begins to change. 

"Who would do such a thing-?"

"A man who will die. Simple as..."

Their disconnect bothers them deeply. Why can they feel nothing?

The woman has changed. 

"...I do not think he was bad. As some said. I think they were wrong." Kiva voices the thoughts they never knew what to do with.

"[    ] will die."

The man gave Kiva more thoughts than they can comprehend. 

The changed woman's fury takes on a burn that is literal.

And Kiva stands, numb and confused. 

lanre's dad has a heart attack and dies.

Naya Barakat Al-Jabir rolls the news of death around in her head, her single eye cast upwards towards the sky as she lay in a field of roses. A secluded place, a place of peace and contemplation. And now a place to wonder.

Her eye closes. There's a moment, a singular spark of a moment, where an emotion bubbles up other than satisfaction at hearing of the man's death. It takes a moment for the older woman to identify the emotion. Sorrow? No. Not worry either. Then it clicks. Pity. She felt pity, and the realization made her scowl to the sky.

"Wherever you are, Lanre," She begins, a metal hand lifting from the grass by her side to rest over her heart. "I am sorry that I still wish you misery. I wish I could say otherwise." With that, the grizzled soldier gets to her feet and whistles for her horse, off to write letters, and offer hollow condolences.

Edited by ProcaPro
messed up the color format

If a corpse could apologize, Scrisa would.

She just wasn't fast enough.

"I didn't expect it to happen so soon," Is all Raziel could comment. Pain seared through him, for he realised he had to show his students how to fight on his own. A tragedy! For he himself was not too great at it.

"****."