Patrol Report II. | Silver Crusade

Devinne Swash Regular

kXZzt0tQ0GpIHtz-0uKsEDkSoVtLySb7fMvJg_r96YyJiIBpSenbpV-DUscDYsR03nNEDBIqVdlXXjTHEOcnUCwBEoRLvuQV7Vu3EQNpz06u6uGC6caG90MAW9ZKU0I8vKo5fYs-jVah3mfTWMeAV8Y

20th of Godfrey's Triump 1969 I.T

5kr1CbCDuL_xea176PJCwPm5h5-ILBIRezoDiKx-ZMOqXKZDQEHPFfiR0_rFJjrS3Lez28RP9yN_UyQKUHlPRhwZXyUOaPO3-3SuG5Wjyq4M7I6yCtG8MZDLvDJ674oohKXOiuBOa40Qvn2L7vnrITU

Devinne Swash Regular

The second patrol of the Silver Crusade rallied a total of 50 men, comprised entirely of bannermen of the House of Whitewood and citizens of the Duchy of Brabant. The Duke of Brabant commanded this patrol.

Devinne Swash Regular

The Patrol party was armed with bandoliers of flaming potions and rode onto the western mountainous regions of Brabant, where in the previous patrol odd supply trails were discovered.

The party was then with an equally sized force of undead and necromancers. Through their magic the necromantic commanders commanded their risen to fall into line and advance on the cavalry party.

The Duke then commanded a fallback for the patrol party and to break the lines of the undead using bottles of alchemical fire. However, a critical error was made into not accounting for the undead’s lack of pain or sense and the windswept conditions of the mountains, which caused the barrage of the alchemist fire to miss their target. Though a portion of the enemy line was burnt away by the fire.

This caused an advancement by the undead onto the cavalry, with dark magics and hulking golems of flesh disrupting the arrangement of the patrol party causing the Duke to be exposed.

An undead with a dagger of rot felled his horse and another chopped off his arm. Immediately a retreat was ordered while the Duke was rescued by another rider.

The Duke now rests in recovery at the keep, while the Silver Crusade musters more for a siege on a nearby camp of the undead that serves as their stronghold.

Spoiler

OOC: Tomorrow, SATURDAY 2PM EST SIEGE.

Join the Crusade Today.

Discord for more info:

https://discord.gg/qCRkqHeh

5kr1CbCDuL_xea176PJCwPm5h5-ILBIRezoDiKx-ZMOqXKZDQEHPFfiR0_rFJjrS3Lez28RP9yN_UyQKUHlPRhwZXyUOaPO3-3SuG5Wjyq4M7I6yCtG8MZDLvDJ674oohKXOiuBOa40Qvn2L7vnrITU

Aurelia,  slides herself into her a chair within her living room. Her visage scanning over the missive glancing towards the blood stains still upon her floor. 

"This will niet stand."

Gerard's heart sank as he read the missive, learning of Duke Sterling's injury. He felt regret for not being there when it happened. Despite being stuck in a meeting, he knew he had to show his support. With a sense of Urgency, Gerard hurriedly put together a gift basket, filling it with items he hoped would provide some sort of comfort for Ser Sterling. He made sure to include thoughtful items such as healing ointments, nutritious snacks, and a handwritten note.

Ser Sterling,

I hope this message finds you well. Enclosed with this note is a gift basket I have prepared for you. I deeply regret not being able to join you on the patrol, but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Arowyn Whitewood said no word, choosing to pray for the further protection of her family. "Thank God he is alive." She muttered at the end

So did that dastardly Delmar reside upon his throne of ebony stone, the man enjoying the tantalizing smoke of that blunt. Fueled by the flames of the fire, that had missed his undead. "Well well well, it seems we have much to prepare for."  The merchant mused with twisted delight, his hands lifting as though to compose the beginnings of some dreaded orchestra. "Let us see how they fair in their first proper conflict"

The Vicar stands triumphant in that field, overlooking the construction of his fort. Walking 'round that tower of wickedness, he grinned, observing every little fault and weak point, and making a mental note. At least 50 soldiers, he had gathered, and a catapult. He was prepared.

Stepping on the highest point of the tower, he yelled towards Brabant, the wind carrying his voice.
"DON'T RUN THIS TIME, COWARDS! STERLING! I'LL SLAP YOU WITH YOUR OWN HAND!" And a thousand wretched cackles sounded out in the forest.