The Bloodied Keep

Qizu

The Bloodied Keep

Bithe’Vah Nears Us

8iKfrGqDTojV680CB919XI4MfeBVHMkSTcEUIxSk2Oj4WYOo0uP4zRkEKXfnPfelGdauAJj3TsEMZTHdBv1HM6Q_Eaawbk4-El1Shr2HRxXNmneI8DryFP1c57sa6MlgWlHVT3h5uMio4pK9Cc2l7-g

Tg2Mv72B8fjvGSikNcQH3Izdo3aQ5bp2BNWQaJWMbZHeNMBAZN-rlqDZcKPVHngHbXMiReh8goNs1i9w78c1pcnicE-61lx_68xz4YXyOnv__kIXWI2_nK0_IHcyLFfD-4R7yY8ycGeBiPBkP9P-siE

The Raid
On a warm summer night all was quiet among the mountainside of Urguan. Wind blew through the valley as it echoed upon the stone faces of the dwarven kingdom. On top of one of these great cliffs, a small force of samurai, accompanied by two elders of their kind, had begun to scale downwards. Scales and fire licked the insides of their armors as they approached the target before them - The Paladin Keep.

Maneuvering their way in they had been caught amidst the doors by a small force of paladins. One of them fled upon the sight of the grouping, whilst two of them continued onwards to pursue their invaders. Through pure luck the draconic invaders had maneuvered their way inside, capturing an elf within whilst the paladins had become trapped in the hall of doors. 

A battle had broken out as spells were rendered to nothingness whilst flame beat down upon the ivory walls of the keep. Alchemic concoctions overwhelmed the trapped knights of Xan. Pushed all the way into the very corners of their own home - it was here that dragon’s flame became the last sight of the night. One had been captured, the other’s left for dead.

Their mortal lives soon to return to the very world that entertained their beliefs and thoughts. Born from the ashes only to return as them. 

((The above is knowledge only known to those who witnessed such.))

[!] A scroll was left among the ashes.

“Twice have your walls been blackened with the ashes of my order. Your initiates exchanging keys to your lands with the mere exchange of knowledge. Knowledge of the dark and its creations and recipes - how far has the Order Fallen? How many more times will your lands be infiltrated by my banners?

A challenge is bestowed, one of great proportions. A duel is to take place, for I challenge a Keeper who bares the weaponry known as Lux. Seek me out at your will, however my raids will persist until this occurs.”

- Ut’torvioth, The Serpent.

The Sunderer trudges away from the now vacant keep, walking through river and lake as to return to his belligerent Creator.

A scaled being eyed the man in front of him as he gave quiet reverence to the banner that claimed his soul. "Bithe'Vah dul.

Justinian Belisarius, a Custodian of Xan, looked upon the missive with a perked brow. He silently remembered him and his comrades breaking many a drakeshrine in their initial raids.
"Perhaps getting even is good for them. Shows strength."

The egg-bearer cackled mildly as soot's of ember and ash split from his grievous maw and thus like a stove roaring heat blasted forth as his brothers victory surrounded him in a great warming flame, he proudly announced thereafter. "The martyr proves useful, at the frontline of battle once more ahead of me and our siblings" It spat lowly, somewhat saddened, perhaps even dismayed to an extent at the lack of invitation yet nonetheless forever would he be proud at the martyr bounds attitude to the enemy. 

Leoni Chevalier, one of two survivors, ponders a pendant with the shape of a dragon upon its face. Her wounds were extensive, being burned alive by dragonsflame alongside a deep cut upon her left arm. As her now scarred and bandaged visage looked upon the wooden pendant with her her silvery-grey eyes, Leoni began to fill with a multitude of emotions. Rage, anger and shame coursed through her as her hands traced the draconic carving's turns and ridges. The teenage initiate of Xan sulked as the memories played over and over again within her mind.