A Knight's Farewell (PK)

A fat priest eats lemons and cries.

Cardinal Mattia wept. 

Az'rekash abandoned that battlefield, the corpse of that great defender behind him, fallen now as that late pontiff had before him.

He had fought when the rest of the light's champions had not. How many more would die before this would change?

The Crab briefly recalls the lives of Mikhael, and Ser Leopold before him. He broke bread with them, too, as he did with Gerard. He grew increasingly worried of his friend's tendencies of being murdered. A pat on the back came as comfort to Mattia, though the aged Crab too wept, in the secrecy of his chambers, away from prying eyes. How many blades would it take, he thought, until none of his friends remained?

37 minutes ago, DancingZebra267 said:

To the second of my beneficiaries, Arnauld Sterling Whitewood, Adeline Gerard Whitewood, Anette Whitewood, Angelique Whitewood, my children, I leave to you all of my  horses, dogs, and plushies of OSJ.

In a crib, a blind girl remains ignorant of her father's death. Blind eyes would've never seen his face, but hands could've felt it, and ears could've heard his voice. A small blessing, perhaps, that Adeline would never have to grieve him, her age barring her understanding of her father's end.

Edited by cadazio

The Mechpriest Adeptus had heard the news from his neophyte, and he too struggled. "This sadness I feel in the deepest reaches of my emotion cores has struck me... the entity Holy Ser Gerard was more than a mere man. He was wreathed in the fire of the Owynssiah... He followed his path as a true crusader... And he was my dearest comrade... Oh what weakness is our flesh, that they cannot withstand the fire of our brightest souls? A true hero. Saintly in all his acts. Pure, pious, honorable."

The priest glanced into the burning fire of the forge.

"Owynssiah, guide his soul on smoke and ember, to the highest sky. Before the foot of the Throne of The Lord... I am thankful I was there to be his priest, and friend."

Ser Leonid weeps for one of the few Owynists he liked

The news from Whitespire came as a shock, when at last Rhosyn had heard of it. Indeed, the sickly woman had to sit down in the courtyard of her monastery, entirely speechless as the gravity of this news weighed deeply on her.

She recalled that day at the Temple of Saint Juli'el near the Aldtree, when she had with Ser Gerard had discussed how the simpler things in life brought one closer to the faith. And she recalled his insistence that a cross be added to that tree, a request that she had honored. He had gained respect from her on that day, as they rode around surveying the ruins of the ancient Godwinites in Aaun and she imparted some of the local folklore unto him.

Her thoughts drifted to when she was but a girl, and Gerard guarded the lands of Lemon Hill. She remembered the lemon cakes, and how they made her ever so happy as a child. Was it he that had made them? They were either his or Ser Halston's, she couldn't recall. Only that he and the other Judites worked so hard in those first years, regularly reporting to Antonius's office where she watched them tender their reports and engage in vital work for the Church.

But more than all of that, she recalled the last conversation that they had face to face, and her features turned even paler. They had quarreled over an error that Father Sakuraba had made in the interpretation of her orders. A bureaucratic miscommunication of all things, for Rhosyn was a stickler for the institutional rules and protocols she had set in place within her diocese. Thereafter, Rhosyn had sent a letter to Gerard to clear it all up properly, away from the hassle at the Temple of Saint King Caius...

...She hoped, prayed, that he had read her letter. That he knew that she was not still cross with him. That Gerard knew that even though they disagreed on some things, she did respect him as an honorable agent among the swords of the Faith who wanted to bolster Candondom's trust in his Order. An honest man, who dreamt of returning to those simpler things in life which he loved, not unlike herself.

Tears welled up in Rhosyn's eyes as she realized that they would never have that conversation, that she would never be able to offer her hand in friendship unto him to pursue a new beginning. It would have made him very happy to learn of what she had planned in the lands he held such concern for, to resolve the worries that he had held. Surely he had read that letter?

Regardless, she cried, and then prayed for the longest time for soul of the fallen holy knight. She prayed for his wife and child, which she knew he had left behind. And she prayed that Exalted Owyn's flame guide him, in his final journey unto the Seven Skies.

Villorik would mourn for his brother in arms, but he would not weep - for there was no better way to die for a warrior of the Light.

Charles frowned upon hearing the news "We spoke not too long ago Grandmaster. It is a real shame you had to answer the call so early. Rest easy." The Lord of Alba said before heading to the church to light a candle

Amid the desolate confines of the keep, a mournful Dame set alight a single candle. "This is saddening.." Lamented she, her words lacking of the sorrow she felt. Such was common with the knight who had trouble voicing her emotions, but make no mistake, her heart grieved wholly and painfully

Aurelia’s visage cast itself over the letter and spoken words directed to her. Her mind became a haze with the thoughts swirling, her heart racing at this moment and many others. It only raced faster as she heard how he had passed. Her heart was pounding within her chest as the echoes of the voices overwhelmed her only further. The last memories she shared with him raced through her head, their fight, how the last thing he said to her was so clear and distant. ‘We will speak about this later’ he uttered... But it seems there would be no later to speak on such.

Ser Sterling would mourn the loss of his son-in-law, though he knew that this is the fate one faced if they walked the holy path to protect the flock. He would look for Aurelia to comfort her.

Deep in the northern wasteland of Aevos, where the harrowers darkness sweeps over her prey. A short, bearded figure of frostbite and hair of snow sat on a mound of corpses. The blood of victims begun to pool into a large forge where embers sparked, and weapons were forged. The banshee begun to sing a sirens chorus at the beat of the hammer, for another death was sent to the eternal father winter.

Up on a wall sat a bloodied javelin, it's tip no longer pointy but it had served its purpose. 

Spoiler

RIP Ser Gerard, amazing rp, respectful player and good story. 10/10 

Marc Galbraith weeps the death of the Grandmaster, lamenting not having been able to meet him while he was alive as both of them had recently scheduled.