3 year (and a bit) AMA

Oops... definitely didn't forget to do this two weeks ago. 

I joined LOTC my freshman year of High School, in the first full year of Covid, and now here I am, a month and a half away from graduating. Crazy how the time flies, right?

Anyways, questions.

I don't know how you're supposed to write one of these, so I hope this is sufficient.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Can't believe I've known you for almost two years. I remember our shenanigans in Oren like it was yesterday.....

What's something you're glad you've learned from your time here, and what's one thing you regret?

Just now, Cheese said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Can't believe I've known you for almost two years. I remember our shenanigans in Oren like it was yesterday.....

What's something you're glad you've learned from your time here, and what's one thing you regret?

I think one of the most important things I've learned on LOTC has been how to keep myself separate from my character. It was something I had a really hard time with in my early days, and every IRP rejection or insult felt incredibly personal, and were highly anxiety inducing. Learning to keep those things at arm's length has really helped me play more interesting characters, and feel more comfortable telling stories that have genuine consequences. 

I think my biggest regret is not letting Manon's story end earlier. She's so dear to me as a character, and after about her 40s, most of her life just got... really drawn out, and kind of boring. It was really upsetting to me while I was rping her, because I'm so attached to her, and I wanted her to have a really nice, narratively sound ending. But I didn't let her die at times that I could (or should) have, so it ended up just sort of... going on forever and ever, after her story was done. 

Omg eso I remember when you first joined!! You’ve gotten cooler fr 

what’s YOUR favorite skin you’ve made (all time)

cheese and mayo in a shoe, but you ate a newspaper?

18 minutes ago, zuziee said:

Omg eso I remember when you first joined!! You’ve gotten cooler fr 

what’s YOUR favorite skin you’ve made (all time)

(That is not hard. I was so so far from cool when I first joined.) 

I think my most technically proficient skin - and one of my prettiest - is Galina's barbie pink look. I don't know what I did but I COOKED. (this one https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/primadonna-6128214/

My two other favorites are this one of Alasdair's (https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/personal-5870469/) and a Manon skin from her mid 30s. (https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/personal-5776620/)

The Alasdair one is one of my most technically proficient skins from that era - I still can't really recreate what I did on the sleeves, it was a total fluke. I really loved his very simple, almost austere style in his teens, it was so fun to skin for. 

The Manon skin is one of my favorites purely because of the memories I associate with it. Her early 30s in Celia'nor were some of my favorite times in her life, and this was her outfit during that era. I just have so many fond memories from that time, that I can't help but get attached to the skin she wore as well. (Also, it was one of my first really brightly-colored skins, which feels significant, considering my current style.) 

when will Raziel and Grandma go on funny adventures again

8 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

when will Raziel and Grandma go on funny adventures again

She's dead bestie

So like. In heaven I guess