Technical Projects/ Plugins the server would want.

_mady07

Technical Projects/ Plugins the server would want  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Skills Plugin ex. Thievery, Blacksmithing, Cooking, Harvesting, Farming ect.

• Yes, Absolutely
    • No. Absolutely not
  2. 2. Alchemy Plugin/ Magic Plugins

• Yes
    • No. .
  3. 3. Medical Plugin

• Sure
    • Not needed
  4. 4. Wonkbot (Please)

• Yes Yes Yes
    • No
    • Aeso?
  5. 5. More camps/variants, ex. Tents, campfires to add on the current ones at CT.

• Yeah sure thats cool
    • No thanks

2 minutes ago, Lirinya said:

can and i WILL

4210bd67dffdd3ef8d528f3ebef774da.png

Cant upload the video of it, send me a message if you wanna see a wonkbot

any kind of magic/alchemy plugin should be for visual effects only and shouldn't provide any tangible effect in game, such as a UI of customizable particles or effects for players to choose from depending on their magic/potion

also what would a medical plugin even entail as a concept

I dont think you can possibly poll this without explaining how they would be implemented 

do not do any sort of magickal plugin that has mechanical benefits please

7 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

I dont think you can possibly poll this without explaining how they would be implemented

This poll is moreso just to see if people are even interested in certain things. I'd be happy to do a separate one in a few weeks with new ideas of how the implementation would work. 

This also is my first time running a pole I wasn't sure it would get much traction 

I think alchemy is a good idea, it can be fun in the players hands, and help automate a process that normally requires staff assistance.

i think magic is a nigh impossible task because of the number of magics and their complexity, wether it’s aesthetic or functional.

The tricky part about skills is whether or not it’s tied to experience and levels or not. On one hand having level requirements incentivizes player activity and interaction more, and is amazing for new player retention which I think is a huge issue, but is tricky to make it not feel as gamified. On the other if the idea is to create scarcity and regional based resources and let players create cuisines or fish based off their biome then that adds solely to the role play experience and adds more culture to the different regions.

If we’re open to using off the shelf plugins like ItemsAdder, half of the things on this list are easily configurable and can be done in a week.

More important than that in my opinion, are we open to the idea of a forced on connection server resource pack so that anything custom actually has a custom item texture? I think it’s an antiquated line of thinking and doing things to just use base item textures and just change their name. When we could have custom item textures for all the fish, food dishes, plants, exc.

work with the community team to host competitions for creating item textures for stuff to see whose talented in the community and commission the pool of winners to help create the resource pack, and I’ll donate a large number of my item textures as well.

Edited by Sebasgann

I feel like an Alchemy plugin would help with a lot of players trying to make sense of all the scattered lore pieces and make it overall less of a learning cliff, but probably feels unnecessary to people fully aware of the feat.

While I understand the desire for crafting skills like cooking, harvesting, mining and smithing, I could also see that going very badly in either feeling far too MMO-like or being used by staff as a means of regulating economy, which just ends up like vortex (or surge? I forget the name) in early Almaris again. While I appreciate the sentiment of maybe trying to make things easier and accessible in terms of professions, I personally do not have faith in the current LOTC staff to not force it into becoming something unhealthy for the server. It's important to understand the type of playerbase you have when going to make these changes, we've seen time and time again that LOTC fosters a lot of grindy people and people with nothing but time on their hands, depending on how you implement a feature like this could have a plethora of unforseen consequences (such as players grinding to the highest possible level if it functions similarly to MCMMO, or players camping nodes again assuming it uses a node system). If the change does go through, just try to keep in mind the negative aspects of the playerbase rather than aiming it at the ideal playerbase (not saying you weren't already, just offering my input.) Thievery plugin also possibly clashes with existing thievery/villainy RP, meaning rules, people might be like "well the plugin let me do it", so you would also be looking at the task of either rewriting sections of the rules and/or writing new ones

Medical plugin I'm iffy about, while it could help greatly as it isn't explored nearly as much, it also just kind of makes anyone and everyone a doctor, so you'd have to be careful. I voted no, but if you think you can do it, by all means.

Wonkbots? Idk I'm not an Aesopean fan, I don't hate him I just think ideas tend to runaway a little much and I worry that he disregards player intentions and lore sometimes, but I mean wonkbots sound fun I guess. Idk what they'd be for, but it's more content. Also no disrespect to aeso with my prior statement, these are just my feelings on him and they in no way speak to his competency, I'm sure he's really good at what he does and is a fine person.

Camps for ct? More CT stuff is always appreciated.

Edited by Reece Nolan

5 minutes ago, _mady07 said:

This poll is moreso just to see if people are even interested in certain things. I'd be happy to do a separate one in a few weeks with new ideas of how the implementation would work. 

This also is my first time running a pole I wasn't sure it would get much traction 

I get that but I can't even say if I'm interested because I don't know what these would look like at all.

Nobody knows what a medical or magic plugin would look like so I feel like it's virtually impossible to actually say you're interested in something that could take 100000 different forms.

You ran your poll fine. You’re just feeling for player-emotions, not well-rationalized and drawn out responses. HOWEVER only the greener cabal matters, so you should implement my well-rationalized and drawn out suggestion.

I need a group-TP. I can’t keep whipping werewolf when I have to teleport swarms of paladins and azdrazi into Azdromoth’s gooning room. It’s not sustainable, he is going to break soon. Give me a group TP command to save a life. It’s the right thing to do. 

2 hours ago, Traveller said:

@Greehnwhere is the cooking plugin

DOWNVOTED!!!!!!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, Benleft said:

You ran your poll fine. You’re just feeling for player-emotions, not well-rationalized and drawn out responses. HOWEVER only the greener cabal matters, so you should implement my well-rationalized and drawn out suggestion.

I need a group-TP. I can’t keep whipping werewolf when I have to teleport swarms of paladins and azdrazi into Azdromoth’s gooning room. It’s not sustainable, he is going to break soon. Give me a group TP command to save a life. It’s the right thing to do. 

Aetool

they yearn for nexus the cycle completes

4 hours ago, Xarkly said:

I get that but I can't even say if I'm interested because I don't know what these would look like at all.

Yeah I agree, I will do that going forward. Thank you!

i want an underwater creature plugin