[✗] [Naz Amendment] Lord's Blessing

ellielove15

Honestly the redline should just be deleted outright. It's already clarified in the feat, where users of that feat should be referring to.

Having it duplicated in a magic that the vast majority of devils/ cursed children are unlikely to learn and therefore OOCly read is just courting inconsistencies. 

To those of you saying this is 'changing the lore to fit their wants', it's quite the opposite. The redline put in the Naztherak MA -image.png?ex=6630a704&is=662f5584&hm=50a
- was added in April 2023. The still accepted Devil/ Cursed Child Feat goes in depth about this exact issue, and has its own clarifications -
 image.png?ex=6630a5ca&is=662f544a&hm=15bimage.png?ex=6630a5d8&is=662f5458&hm=9f1
- that this amendment is reiterating. These were accepted in November 2022, not only a full 5 months prior but also in keeping with the four and a half years of established precedent from the original Cursed Children addition back in June 2018, in which timespan multiple cursed child characters obtained deific magics and rulings were given based around the lore logic screenshotted above. 

This means that, not counting for the inconsistency strangely added to the Naztherak MA (as already stated, the Feat is its own accepted piece and players should be referring to that for its redlines, not a separate magic), Cursed Children have already been able to practice deific magics for just shy of 6 yearsThis amendment is not adding anything new.

Taking that away with a single redline that can be (and seemingly was) easily glossed over in a lore mag is not only horribly disruptive to the roleplay of several people spanning the coarse of years, but also established lore precedent that predates this iteration of the magic. 

6 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

Honestly the redline should just be deleted outright. It's already clarified in the feat, where users of that feat should be referring to.

Having it duplicated in a magic that the vast majority of devils/ cursed children are unlikely to learn and therefore OOCly read is just courting inconsistencies. 

To those of you saying this is 'changing the lore to fit their wants', it's quite the opposite. The redline put in the Naztherak MA -image.png?ex=6630a704&is=662f5584&hm=50a
- was added in April 2023. The still accepted Devil/ Cursed Child Feat goes in depth about this exact issue, and has its own clarifications -
 image.png?ex=6630a5ca&is=662f544a&hm=15bimage.png?ex=6630a5d8&is=662f5458&hm=9f1
- that this amendment is reiterating. These were accepted in November 2022, not only a full 5 months prior but also in keeping with the four and a half years of established precedent from the original Cursed Children addition back in June 2018, in which timespan multiple cursed child characters obtained deific magics and rulings were given based around the lore logic screenshotted above. 

This means that, not counting for the inconsistency strangely added to the Naztherak MA (as already stated, the Feat is its own accepted piece and players should be referring to that for its redlines, not a separate magic), Cursed Children have already been able to practice deific magics for just shy of 6 yearsThis amendment is not adding anything new.

Taking that away with a single redline that can be (and seemingly was) easily glossed over in a lore mag is not only horribly disruptive to the roleplay of several people spanning the coarse of years, but also established lore precedent that predates this iteration of the magic. 

Funnily enough, I wanted to remove the line entirely in my original post, but because people interpreted that as me trying to take away the drawbacks of the cursed children, I opted to change it to repeating the lore instead. Either way works for me. I just wanna have the lore be consistent. 

9 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

These were accepted in November 2022, not only a full 5 months prior

The Naztherak write was posted on the forums (April 10th) before the current blessed children feat was accepted (April 13th, 5 months after it was posted), which is why the inconsistency exists, as the old lore made no clarification as to what was / was not allowed. There was no inconsistency "strangely added"

I still remember the one time these new fangled ritual devils said "We cant do deific magic." Whilst myself having been around even before the actual feat requirement was just stairing at them with questions.

Honestly, the Link to the Devil FA should just be we within the redlines, or at least referenced. Cause i'd had 2 devils confused on which lore to follow.

honestly why restrict their magic at all, i get that xan maybe is racist but he also doesn't directly have control over mortal choice (as is seen by the fact that the creeds are only enforceable irp, not oocly). Just make it that cursed children are silly looking guys and send them on their way imo

3 minutes ago, Zacho said:

honestly why restrict their magic at all, i get that xan maybe is racist but he also doesn't directly have control over mortal choice (as is seen by the fact that the creeds are only enforceable irp, not oocly). Just make it that cursed children are silly looking guys and send them on their way imo

It's cause Xan, the Aengul of Order is very picky when it comes to his followers not just in their actions and words, but also the state of their souls. He's the Aengul of Order, after all. It's the same reason why Kha can't be paladins. Their souls are marked in some way by another daemonic entity and Xan doesn't like that. I don't think either being cursed from birth or by ritual should have no effect at all on the deific magics that they can wield. Some of the gods will scorn you as a cursed child/tiefling, and that is something that I think can make for some genuinely interesting roleplay. A people that even certain gods deem unworthy of their gifts. We can let the members of such community decide how they deal with that information. 

I really like blood magic druids and think its a cool niche. Devil druids sound so cool! Hope this gets accepted +1

seems alright, i agree that the redline should be deleted and just refer to ixris kid lore

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.