A Public Missive to John Augustus Galbraith, and the rest of Balian

[!]
A public missive, addressed to John Augustus Galbraith, Baron Cascanova. The letter was written on a decorative papyrus, bordered with filigree, various skulls littered about.

Untitled_Artwork.png?ex=66381cc0&is=6636cb40&hm=948e99abbc4a8784d354f14af1ac78cf774988ed808b1af5a727f006b467f5a8&

This is for John Augustus Galbraith, and by extension, Portoregne Citizens,

I have kidnapped both your husband, Rhys var Ruthern the Procurator, and your sister, Ipera Galbraith; By the time you’re reading this they’ve both likely already been killed and reborn into undead ghouls, bound in service to myself, Irene Milana Agnes Palmer, Baroness of Aldenburg, Crimson Witch, Mercenary of Murkwater and compatriot to Gravelord Kryndomere, Lord of Crows, Herald of Umbrage.

I do look forward to visiting you all from time to time, and taking my pick of your pitiful litter, namely: John Galbraith, Demetrius var Ruthern, Holly Galbraith, and Viktoria vas Ruthern.

Signed, your Dearest ex-friend, ex-medic, and your maker,

Irene Milana Agnes Palmer, Corpse Crafter, Sanguine Weaver, and Vampyre

Spoiler

John had found his husband's hat on the road - he picked it up, hoping to return it to him with a little lecture on 'how hard it is to make these', 'someone could have stolen it, you know', and the like. He got upon his metal steed and rode for the forests of Nevaehlen, the cap nestled upon its head, and settled down for a night's slumber in the trees. When he awoke, a bird pecked at him with a letter.

He could do nothing but stare.

The days in that month passed hazily. Rage triumphed over anything else, and when he had finally drawn out of it, his knuckles were bruised, nose broken, and much of his belongings pawned off or stolen. He could feel the familiar sting of orkish Light Dust burn his nostrils. Slowly, painfully, he shambled up.

iZF66x4.png

Beneath the missive that'd been nailed to the board, was another - bearing the man's handwriting and a single, bloody handprint as though it were some form of signature.

"Do you know what nemesis means, Irene?

I will teach it to you in blade and knuckle."

bloody-hand-print-isolated-handprint-blood-smeared-horror-scary-blood-dirty-handprint-and-fingerprint-red-hand-print-halloween-bloody-hand-png.png

A holly-adorned medic squinted as she read the missive. "Why would someone write with the same color ink as the paper? This isn't scary, this is illegible!" 

Spoiler

Please... for the love of God.... My eyeballs...

Ember The blind seer squints her closed eyes

(Ooc: please fix the formatting much love)

The man lounged in his desk chair as he read the letter, before staring at the name for a moment. He'd take a minute to re-read it, before saying - loud enough for the Druid in the house to hear,

"Oh **** off, you're alive?"

Posted (edited)

Viktoria, a colorblind Ruthern, squinted at the missive in silence. "Var? Jest that what that says?"

Edited by retro

Holly Galbraith sent a letter to Irene, her words filled with nothing but fury and determination .

[!]
The missive was reprinted and re-distributed.
(Apologies, it got messy in the copy + paste and I was being lazy)

Viktoria continues to squint through her confusion, unable to read her own name on the parchment.

Dhen looked at the missive, simply saying “John’s insulting poem must of been too good. She is taking the ones he loves because she can’t make a better song. I must pen one for John to join the cause.” The thing then turned around and set to work writing down the next big Balian hit