THE LAST KAGGATH

I SAY TO ALL THAT KNOW THE VOID.

Spoiler

gRjoDR6GcaSdbAu8oEyS_mS9QFtDb89cBHbHCOeu

THE LAST KAGGATH

THE AGE OF KNOWLEDGE

fXi3Q0Pr3oLvGi0uTB2kTlANQwzF21_U_OoDgW1w

I am Faeryel of the true lineage of Fahrazad,  she who is the Scholar, who was apprentice to….

Master Razad of the true lineage of Fahrazad,  he who was the Fatebinder, who was apprentice to….

Master Isaem of the true lineage of Fahrazad, he who was the Weaver, who was apprentice to…

Master Mikael of the true lineage of Fahrazad, he who was the Jubilant, who was apprentice to…

Mistress Fatim of the true lineage of Fahrazad, she who was the Visceral, who was apprentice to…

Master Jabar of the true lineage of Fahrazad, he who was the Magnanimous, who was apprentice to…

Mistress Katarina of the true lineage of Fahrazad, she who was the Mysterious, who was apprentice to…

Master Shaffar of the true lineage of Fahrazad, he who was the Serpent, who was apprentice to…

Master Kabal of the true lineage of Fahrazad, he who was the Celestial, who was apprentice to…

Master of Masters, Fahrazad the GREAT, first Grand Magister, HE who broke the great Yisar, HE who shattered the Mage-Warlords, HE who conquered the dunes, HE who is great in both the small and the wondrous, HE who unveiled the mysteries, founder of the great House Fahrazad…

SWORN BEFORE THE VOID AND THE LINE OF FAHRAZAD

I DO INVOKE THE RIGHT OF THE SUCCESSION OF THE GRAND MAGISTER

bMVrslJcRmEvRvMcvwomjSS7x9FXzuQhf6uZrxlA

The Grand-Magister, RAZAD THE FATEBINDER, is dead. I, his apprentice, defeated him in RITUAL KAGGATH, as demanded by the way of the Hakad.

The will of HOHKMAT cried out for his abdication; and this is the way he chose to abdicate. He went with honor. RAZAD goes on to join the True Lineage of Fahrazad.

zGE8cpl3KBgjSP60e5sEMu09dV4F89n1-m35MUZO

There will be changes in the next few days, but chief among them is this: on this day, THE LAST KAGGATH was fought, and the AGE OF KNOWLEDGE has begun. No longer shall Hohkmat be a place of daggers in men's smiles, of plots whispered in the dark, of frantic duels to the death; but of learning, of shared, safeguarded knowledge, of creation; of MAGIC, forthright and just.

To our foreign allies and friends, I say; the terms of our treaties remain in effect, including those that mandated renegotiation in the event of a change in Hohkmati leadership, which we will get to in time. We welcome new treaties of friendship and non-aggression pacts; our commitment to peace and neutrality extends outward as well as inward.

To the Chamber of Stars, and the Chamber of Lord-Magisters, I say; our duties for now remain the same. Those in their positions remain unchanged; the three Lord- and Lady-Magisters, the four Viziers, the Headmaster, et cetera. Fight Nights, classes, and other events will continue as planned. However, the structure of the Academy will evolve in the coming days, as I meet with the Chambers to determine what must be done.

To the students of THE ACADEMY OF HOHKMAT, I say; thank you. We will build on the foundations of our predecessors and create a place of learning unlike anything prior seen.

LONG LIVE THE ACADEMY

LONG LIVE HOHKMAT

zGE8cpl3KBgjSP60e5sEMu09dV4F89n1-m35MUZO

SO KNOWN

lg5Zq0P.gif

GRAND-MAGISTER, Sorceress-Queen, Hierophant of the Mysteries,

Mistress of the Ziggurat of Hohkmat

"Am I unbanished yet?" Arthur wrote in to every figure of authority he could find within Hohkmat.

The Lady Magister of the Circle of Esotericism lofted her rapier of starsteel to the heavens. "Long live t'e Academy. Long live 'o'kmat!" A bolt of lightning would crash down from the sky and strike her blade, letting out a burst of sparks as it crackled along its ethereally glimmering surface. She had done it, she had deposed a tyrant.

"... May this missive bring us peace, at last. Even if for a short while." Sarah spoke quietly in her home to another.  

A pity, I did not know him as you all did, or else I would have joined sooner. Forgive me, brethren, please. My life is, has always been, and will forever remain for Teaching, Knowledge, and the Academy of Hohkmat.

But this...

4 minutes ago, ToodIes said:

Fight Nights

This... does put a smile on my face.

"To think that advocating for her back then could eventually result. . ."

. . .

In a chaotic mind, the train of thought could not be upheld. It was whirlwind, superintelligence and madness imposed upon each other. And yet the horrible being persisted.

"Maybe. . . After just a few more decades of destruction, after a few more decades of debt paid. . ."

It struggled. The foul creature twitched and writhed, its nature demanded of it. But in a single sector of his rotting mind did the string of thought taper off in chilling conclusion.

". . . I will return to the Void again."

Raziel Amethil hides his lunch better than ever.

"Also, how were you his apprentice? You were a mage years before he came to existance."

Sulieronn folded his arms over his chest in a form of disappointment. He'd won. He'd gained back his title. Yet, the mage was still upset. 

"Hohkmat forever!  Hohkmat for ten thousand years!  Eternal Hohkmat!  Never ending Hohkmat!  Woohoo!" Screamed the gnome.

Ayche sits by a river somewhere, fishing rod in hand. His warhammer's propped up against his camping supplies nearby. He's lived a fairly peaceful existence in the years since the end of the war and his retirement. His visit to Hohkmat the previous day was the first visit in many years. 

He's still deciding how he feels about it, truth be told. He'd known, at some level, that Hohkmat's system of conflict was unsustainable. You can't build a government based on infighting and dueling for positions and plotting - you just can't. Not one that lasts, anyway. The Age of Knowledge will bring stability. Stability will make Hohkmat a better place to live. 

But it might make things less interesting, too. In the centuries before Hohkmat, Ayche avoided any sort of involvement in government. He's never been the sort of mage who was content to sit in a tower, a library, a laboratory. There's one kind of life that appeals to him, and he realized he'd be able to find it in Hohkmat the first time he fought Lanre to a standstill in the dueling arena, all those years ago.

Well, he's a wanderer now, and the war is over. Hohkmat isn't home for him anymore. Maybe it hasn't been since the war ended. It's home to plenty of others, though, and those people are in good hands with Faeryel. That will have to be enough. 

There's a tug on the line, a splash in the water. Ayche sets his thoughts aside. Dinner first.

And then, maybe, he'll go find some trouble.