The Gentlemen's Club

Dat Burkester

Who doesnt like the dance? :P joking. I wasnt there but sorry, those were most likely not us.

Dude, Im pretty sure its been you guys ive been held up at least 3 times by one of your members :P

You guys go by sins? Sort of ripping off Caravan. "Gentleman's club" with sins as what you members go by? You go around fighting for liberty while going by sins, not all of you even having VAs, and being "gentlemen". *Facepalms*

You guys go by sins? Sort of ripping off Caravan. "Gentleman's club" with sins as what you members go by? You go around fighting for liberty while going by sins, not all of you even having VAs, and being "gentlemen". *Facepalms*

Lulu, I find that very offensive. :( We have an original member of Caravan, that's why we did it. And I'm slowly forming this into a more organized group, because right now it's chaos.. And really, we aren't exactly liberators when I think about it so we should completely remove that title. We seek power, and do whatever means necessary for that. I'm going to completely re-write this topic so we actually seem somewhat respectable.

Lulu, I find that very offensive. :( We have an original member of Caravan, that's why we did it. And I'm slowly forming this into a more organized group, because right now it's chaos.. And really, we aren't exactly liberators when I think about it so we should completely remove that title. We seek power, and do whatever means necessary for that. I'm going to completely re-write this topic so we actually seem somewhat respectable.

If you have an original member of caravan, that one obviously being Wrath, no one who doesn't have a VA, and a very specific VA can be apart of it. Especially since it seems like Throdo is apart of this.

Especially since it seems like Throdo is apart of this.

*Checks original post* So he is! *laughs hysterically* What influence are you expecting from Throdo? I can't ever seem to take him seriously.

If you have an original member of caravan, that one obviously being Wrath, no one who doesn't have a VA, and a very specific VA can be apart of it. Especially since it seems like Throdo is apart of this.

That's why I'm working on getting Throdo to get a villain app. Until then, he wont be doing anything villainous.

I don't mean this to bash you Burkester, but more like a critique, since this has been posted recently and the guild seems to be under construction, so to speak. I also wanted to start off saying this because the thread seems to have become a bit hostile, and I didn't want anyone to confuse this for flaming. I don't know if anyone is looking for feedback, but here are my two cents anyway.

The first thing that caught my eye here are the seven deadly sins names. Assuming you're in charge of everything, I think you could come up with something more unique. I'm not saying this because it's been done before in fiction, but because it's been done on this server. I don't know if all of these people are still around, but certain characters related to the Undead took on secret identities as one of the seven deadly sins and collaborated to achieve evil ends in Aegis. This may only be confusing to a few people, but I did associate this club with those insidious characters until I read further.

Regardless, I'm not sure if the concept of "Gentlemen" and the seven deadly sins match up well enough here. I can see how they relate, in terms of judgement, but, unless the guild requires a certain level of consciousness or humility, I don't see why the Gentlemen would place this judgement upon themselves. Consider thinking more along the lines of socialites, in terms of finding proper titles or names for a more united theme. The guild seems to want for vigilantes or anti-heroes, but the sins associate you with something more malicious and unkind. If you want something a bit badass, then I suggest digging around the histories of the real life Knights Templar. I see some interesting parallels between this guild and the Templar, but I'll expand on that if you want me to, later.

Secondly, the general concept of the guild has been done before (though I don't believe any one guild ever stuck around for long). I'm not suggesting you abandon the whole thing, but that you continue to think about where this guild will go or what it could achieve. If I'm right, The Gentlemen's Club seeks to remove undesirables from the populace in defense of the people. A few orders have the same objective, like guardsman, Ascended, wayward do-gooders, etc. To this end, the Club is like a mannerly gang or secret police. However, if you added more of a personal take to the guild, you might find it more unique. As I understand it, your character used to be in the Teutonic Order? Well, maybe this is a way to relive old glories as a member of a military organization or family of like-minded individuals. Maybe it's a way to enforce your will upon the more criminal side of the world that the TO wouldn't touch, or refused to in the ways you wanted to. Maybe this guild is simply a collaborative effort to sate the more base desires of its members, since rich and powerful people can afford more "exotic" tastes.

Lastly, it seems some people beat you to the name of the guild. However, that's no big deal. In fact, I bet you could get a better name! Gentlemen are cool and all, but you could change the name without changing the nature of the guild, and you could bring it closer to Aegis, to boot. Simply running the term "gentleman" through a thesaurus calls up some interesting results (and remember that gentlemen used to be knights, anyway). I won't put down any suggestions, since naming things is always a personal endeavor, but if you end up considering your options, I'd be happy to provide some.

I hope all goes well in your adventures as a new guild in Aegis.

^very nice post, well worded.

And...

Lucas,

I am not going to commit villainous actions untill said VA is approved. I don't actually want to rob people and be infamous. The VA will only be used for this Guild. Only using it for provoke and unprovoked killings.

I don't mean this to bash you Burkester, but more like a critique, since this has been posted recently and the guild seems to be under construction, so to speak. I also wanted to start off saying this because the thread seems to have become a bit hostile, and I didn't want anyone to confuse this for flaming. I don't know if anyone is looking for feedback, but here are my two cents anyway.

The first thing that caught my eye here are the seven deadly sins names. Assuming you're in charge of everything, I think you could come up with something more unique. I'm not saying this because it's been done before in fiction, but because it's been done on this server. I don't know if all of these people are still around, but certain characters related to the Undead took on secret identities as one of the seven deadly sins and collaborated to achieve evil ends in Aegis. This may only be confusing to a few people, but I did associate this club with those insidious characters until I read further.

Regardless, I'm not sure if the concept of "Gentlemen" and the seven deadly sins match up well enough here. I can see how they relate, in terms of judgement, but, unless the guild requires a certain level of consciousness or humility, I don't see why the Gentlemen would place this judgement upon themselves. Consider thinking more along the lines of socialites, in terms of finding proper titles or names for a more united theme. The guild seems to want for vigilantes or anti-heroes, but the sins associate you with something more malicious and unkind. If you want something a bit badass, then I suggest digging around the histories of the real life Knights Templar. I see some interesting parallels between this guild and the Templar, but I'll expand on that if you want me to, later.

Secondly, the general concept of the guild has been done before (though I don't believe any one guild ever stuck around for long). I'm not suggesting you abandon the whole thing, but that you continue to think about where this guild will go or what it could achieve. If I'm right, The Gentlemen's Club seeks to remove undesirables from the populace in defense of the people. A few orders have the same objective, like guardsman, Ascended, wayward do-gooders, etc. To this end, the Club is like a mannerly gang or secret police. However, if you added more of a personal take to the guild, you might find it more unique. As I understand it, your character used to be in the Teutonic Order? Well, maybe this is a way to relive old glories as a member of a military organization or family of like-minded individuals. Maybe it's a way to enforce your will upon the more criminal side of the world that the TO wouldn't touch, or refused to in the ways you wanted to. Maybe this guild is simply a collaborative effort to sate the more base desires of its members, since rich and powerful people can afford more "exotic" tastes.

Lastly, it seems some people beat you to the name of the guild. However, that's no big deal. In fact, I bet you could get a better name! Gentlemen are cool and all, but you could change the name without changing the nature of the guild, and you could bring it closer to Aegis, to boot. Simply running the term "gentleman" through a thesaurus calls up some interesting results (and remember that gentlemen used to be knights, anyway). I won't put down any suggestions, since naming things is always a personal endeavor, but if you end up considering your options, I'd be happy to provide some.

I hope all goes well in your adventures as a new guild in Aegis.

I thank you for this post. I will definitely look into some of the things mentioned, as currently it seems as if we are ripping off Caravan and The Gentlemans Bastards which in no way did I intend too do. As for this entire post I will be re-writing it all because it falsely represents us.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.