[Complete] The Asulon Tournament!

marimbamonk

The Asulon Tournament!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this implemented?

• Yes. I'll tell why in a reply.
    • No. I'll tell why in a reply.

Dwarven arena is by far the biggest and best arena I've seen, I would suggest putting it there but that's just me.

I also see Dwarven nation as more neutral considering all the boat-battles that were going on when the ships were leaving the docks, including firing the hell outta the Elf boat, but thats just me...

Updated it with the new event form.

I need you guys to vote, please. Even though I prefer this to be a completely neutral event held in a new arena, I'd rather the community decide rather than I making my own decision.

Thank you.

This gets my undying love and support.

As for the location, I vote for the Alras arena. Having tons of random keeps and buildings in the Aegis wilds was annoying, and I don't think the monks would appreciate all the blood and gore inside the temple grounds.

It is Asulon Arena event not Alrasian Arena event, I think we should use a non-nation made arena (You and GM's). And yes having it in the Cloud Temple area would anger the monks ))

Have it held in alras.

The area is massive, it can be changed to suit any purpose.

We've been working on something such as the Olympics where a multitude of events will be held in a different arena in a different area every other week where nations will send their best competitors if they wish to attend. I'd love to speak with you about some game types that might work.

It is Asulon Arena event not Alrasian Arena event, I think we should use a non-nation made arena (You and GM's). And yes having it in the Cloud Temple area would anger the monks ))

I have been thinking about this a lot the past night.

I proposed this idea because Asulon needed something new and exciting; not just the Alras event, but the Asulon event.

I find it a bit cheap that I plan out this thoroughly, make plans for where it would be located, make rules... But then have dozens of people say that my rules be used in a city.

My side of this is that it is the Asulon tournament. Held not in a city, but in a completely neutral environment, that welcomely invites any and all people to come and visit.

If Alras wishes to have a grand arena and have their own Asulon tournament, they can of course do so. But when I created this, I did not intend for the rules I made to be used for a city purely.

Although I love Alras and understand it is a neutral environment with a grand arena, I still intend that this is built newly, to especially fit these events and audience, and I want the rules I created to be used in an arena I crafted with help.

I am going to find a suitable spot in the wilds where this could be built. After thinking about this, I am still open to the Alras idea, but barely.

If you have any other questions or concerns, post them here. I apologize if I came off rude to Alras, but that is simply not what I had intended for this awesome event.

I will create something that will make this more suitable for the wilds, I assure you; and also just a touch up of all things.

To put this simply, I feel as if I have created a great new invention that will be successful everywhere; I want to put my name behind it, tweak it, make a business out of it. But then, Google sends me mail saying they want to buy my invention from me.

Although I'd love the money from Google, I kinda wanted to create and run this myself.

After speaking with Syrio, I now understand Alras a bit more. I am going to visit there (for literally the first time since I've joined the server; I know, I suck :P ) and see if it is right for me.

But, as the community has wished, I think I have decided that... Alras, it is.

I am kind of fine after some time with the idea of having it in Alras, seeing as Alras, you could say, is all race city.

I love the idea, it can have political side too. There could be international version of the tournament too, where nations put their strongest warriors to fight. That would grant the nation more prestige and fame.

Also, quarrels on large scale could be solved by duel between two chosen combatants.

I really like the idea. A possible idea, maybe when a player "Dies "instead of being teleported into the temple. A gm could put him in a healing area at the event.

Have this out in the open, maybe on Cloud Temple territory. Having it in Alras causes even more economic monopoly = BAD!. Also, this is a neutral event, so having it in a nation gives massive bonuses to that nation. (That vote consists of probably Alrasians voting...?)

But then, Google sends me mail saying they want to buy my invention from me.

Although I'd love the money from Google, I kinda wanted to create and run this myself.

Don't let google buy your invention!

Maybe the even can be held on an island where everyone who wants to watch can be ferried to? Also I am pretty sure every nation will participate.

Considering the fact that I never really liked the Alras idea much in the first place, that might be a good idea acornlad.