[Complete] The Asulon Tournament!

marimbamonk

The Asulon Tournament!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this implemented?

• Yes. I'll tell why in a reply.
    • No. I'll tell why in a reply.

Disregarding the amount of players who have voted, my current player support count is at 17.

Event Planners, MC Names: Drakinroth ((BoogerBuster)), the GM team.

Event Date: Twice every Earth month.

Event Type: A worldwide Arena.

Players/Nations effected by the event: All.

Event Location: I've decided I want the tournament built on an island, and people can be transported there using Multiverse. Here is the format I want for the island:

The black circle represents the location of the arena.

The yellow circle represents the location of the docks/boat.

The orangish/red circle represents the size of the island (it can go a bit smaller.)

8y8nW.jpg

o5c1q.gif

A close view:

R1Zrx.gif

Here was Natives interpretation (which I love!):

gkGYw.png

Summary:

The Flyer Form:

The Asulon Tournament is underway!

Watch picked Gladiators, Casters and Archers fight to the death in this massive pit of glory!

The Asulon Tournament also includes competitions! Defeating targets the fastest, or who can get a bullseye!

Make bets on the winner, or on the loser!

Witness hair-raising events such as:

• Combat Duels

• Archery Contests

• The Trial of Champions!

• Jousting!

• Guild battles/group arenas!

And More!

Come, visit the Asulon Tournament grounds today! *

* Coming soon

Come one, come all!

The Idea:

The Tournament:

The Asulon Tournament is a weekly tournament that pits groups of players against a challenge, while tons of other Asulites watch from the stadium. Watchers can gamble on winners or losers, and also enjoy food served by tournament organizers. There will usually be 1 event, the half time show, and then the final event.

Events:

There are two events every tournament, and there are two tournaments every Earth month. Some events can be done multiple times in one tournament. Each event is picked with the consent of the spectators.

The Combat Duel:

Two players fight to the death with either archery, melee combat, or magic.

Melee Combatants Use: Iron Armor, Iron Sword

Archers Use: Leather Armor, Bow and a stack of Arrows

Casters Use: No Armor

Prizes: The victor receives a prize of 2000 minas.

This event can be done 3 times in a single tournament.

The Archery Contest:

Two or more players have a race to see which can fire a bullseye at a specific location in the Arena first.

Contestants Use: A Bow and 2 two stacks of arrows

Prize: The victor receives 1000 minas.

This event can be done 1 time in a single tournament.

Trial of the Champions:

A group of players are pit against waves of zombies, skeletons, spiders, creepers, and much more. The final boss is Availer a Giant.

It consists of 10 waves and a bonus round after wave 5. Players can choose to skip the bonus round, but if they complete it they receive extra money.

Players also receive a small break between waves 5 and waves 6.

Player Amount: 0 < x > 16

Waves:

Wave 1: Skeleton, Zombie, Spider, Creeper (1)

Wave 2: Skeleton (2), Zombie (4), Spider (3), Creeper (2)

Wave 3: Skeleton (3), Zombie (5), Cave Spider (1), Spider (3), Creeper (2), Slime (1)

Wave 4: Skeleton (3), Zombie (6), Cave Spider (2), Spider (4), Creeper (4), Slime (2)

Wave 5: Skeleton (4), Zombie (6), Cave Spider (3), Spider (4), Creeper (5), Slime (2)

Bonus Round: Silverfish (10), Cave Spider (10)

Wave 6: Skeleton (4), Zombie (7), Cave Spider (4), Spider (4), Creeper (5), Slime (2), Zombie Pigman (3)

Wave 7: Skeleton (5), Zombie (8), Cave Spider (5), Spider (5), Creeper (5), Slime (2), Zombie Pigman (3), Blaze (1)

Wave 8: Skeleton (5), Zombie (8), Cave Spider (5), Spider (7), Creeper (6), Slime (3), Zombie Pigman (4), Blaze (2), Magma Slime (1)

Wave 9: Skeleton (6), Zombie (9), Cave Spider (6), Spider (7), Creeper (6), Slime (4), Zombie Pigman (5), Blaze (3), Magma Slime (1)

Final Wave: Skeleton (8), Zombie (10), Cave Spider (7), Spider (8), Creeper (6), Slime (4), Zombie Pigman (6), Blaze (3), Magma Slime (1), Giant (1), Availer (1)

Contestants Use: Iron Armor, Iron Sword, a Bow and a stack of arrows

Prize: All surviving players receive 8000 minas. Players who died receive 500 minas.

This event can be done 1 time in a single tournament.

Jousting:

Two players or more are put on pigs, are flowing down a 1x10 canal, and must kill each other.

Contestants Use: Iron Sword, Gold Armor

Prize: The victor receives 1000 minas and a saddle.

This event may be done 2 times in a single tournament.

Target Practice:

Two or more players are pitted against targets (either villagers or just dummies) and must get to the last one to win.

Contestants Use: Iron Sword

Prize: The victor receives 1000 minas.

This event may be done 2 times in a single tournament.

Obstacle Course:

Two or more players are put in an obstacle course and must get to the end of it to win.

Contestants Use: Nothing

Prize: The victor receives 3000 minas and a Golden Apple.

This event may be done 1 time in a single tournament.

Guild Battles/Group Arenas:

Two guilds group up and fight to the death in the arena, or multiple players group together and fight in the arena. The amount of players on either side must be equal, but more than 1 and less than 21.

Melee Combatants Use: Iron Armor, Iron Sword

Archers Use: Leather Armor, a Bow and a stack of Arrows

Casters Use: Nothing

Prize: The winning guild receives a donation of 10000 minas.

This event may be done 1 time in a single tournament.

More coming soon!

Overall Event Rules:

Fights are to the death. Monks are inside the tournament grounds to revive members (you are not required to re-roll a character).

If you are a contestant and die during an event, the monks will revive you and you will become a spectator unless you are in the half-time show, or you are required in the second event.

If you die during an event, you may apply to be in another event again.

If you are in an event that does not require you to kill someone, doing so will grant you instant disqualification.

Event Setup:

Each event could be setup by either a GM or the Arena Master.

Spawn Eggs or Player Commands:

In events that require mobs or animals, a GM could simply use player commands to spawn the desired creature.

If we were to allow the Arena Master to go into Creative Mode, he/she could use spawn eggs.

Tournament Half-Time:

There will usually be two events per week at one time. In between these events will be a half-time, and a half-time show.

During half-time, Contestants may:

• Leave if they were only required for the first event; or become a spectator for free

• Prepare themselves for the next event; free food, water

• Watch the half-time show from the spectators view

During half-time, Spectators may:

• Talk freely and use bathrooms

• Meet the contestants

• Watch the half-time show

• Leave the arena (no money will not be refunded if you do not return to see second event)

Half-Time Show

Players who are in the half-time show perform. The show may contain but is not limited to:

• Singing

• Dancing

• Drinking contests

• Acting

• Dragon attacks

• Other talents

Half-Time Participants

To become a part of the half-time show, you must first talk to a Tournament Official or the Arena master. Describe to them your talent and a small walkthrough of what you will be doing, and if it sounds like good show quality, you will be added to the show.

Contestants may be in the half-time show, but not as fighters. They must boast some other talent.

During events, if you are a half-time participant and not an event contestant, you will be seated in the spectators view, or in the underground portion of the arena preparing your act.

Half-Time participants receive free admittance to the arena. Due to this, there can only be a certain amount of participants.

Contestants:

Combatant Rules:

Contestants and Combatants are still required to role-play during the tournament. Lack of role-play during a conflict and then the murdering of another player is still bannable.

Arena Contestants may not:

• Throw or shoot projectiles into the audience

• Attempt to flee the tournament

• Dishonor a dead players body (cannibalism, dismemberment after death, etc.)

Contestant Attire:

Arena contestants are outfitted in signature Arena battle armor (iron armor provided by the tournament organizers) that is appropriate for the event, to keep combat fair. They are also given the same sword or other weapon for both sides.

Group battles or guild arenas are required to have a color that is distinguishable from the opponent, as far as clothing.

Signing Up as a Contestant:

In order to become a combatant in the Arena, you must show that you can RP, for this is an event that requires slightly less. We don't want to give players who can't RP a chance to to something that may let them continue not role-playing.

There will be a small application process if this is implemented. Most likely, a separate post will be made which is only for applying to become a contestant.

Once we know that you can role-play, you can choose which event to be reserved for, and when that event comes by, you will take part in it.

If there is an event that is short on contestants, we may pull a reservation out of his event and pull him into the current one.

Spectators:

Spectator Fee:

People who wish to see the arena are required to pay a very small fee (to pay for the cash prizes and such), and are then allowed to choose any seat in the arena.

Spectators receive tickets (maybe a piece of paper or something) that will allow them to come back into the arena if they leave at any time.

Tickets are useless at any tournament other than the one you paid at.

Spectator Rules:

Spectators are not allowed to:

• Jump into the fighting grounds

• Throw objects into the fighting grounds

• Cause trouble of any kind in the spectators seats

• Sell or trade goods on Arena grounds

Admittance

A boat (which is free to take) will transport anyone who wishes to visit the arena island; however, to get into the arena or see an event, you have to pay at the gate.

As with any event or gathering, weapons or armor owned by spectators are asked to be stored away inside the arena. Villainous acts will not be permitted.

Tournament Officials:

Food:

Tournament Officials will sell food to spectators during the arena for a fee. Again, spectators are not allowed to trade or resell goods on tournament grounds.

Official Attire:

Tournament Officials must be dressed in the employee attire to let contestants and spectators know who they are. Tournament officials are not allowed to change clothing until the arena event is completed.

(Arena Attire will be created if this is implemented)

Hosting:

A select few Tournament Officials will determine the Arena event for the week/month. Player consent will be looked upon.

Once the event has been chosen, players will be notified.

All rules that apply to spectators also apply to Tournament Officials.

Applying to become a Tournament Official:

Those who are trusted (and GMs) will be payed to oversee the arena as a Tournament Official.

Arena Master:

The Arena Master would preferably be either me (if this is permitted) or a GM.

The Arena Master would:

• Receive free admittance to Arena events (along with GMs)

• Help organize arena events

• Call out when an event starts

• (If this is permitted) Go into creative mode to use spawn eggs

All Players:

Rules:

If you want to talk OOC during the Arena, please /tell each other, or use OOC chat. NO OOC CHAT will be permitted in role-play chat. We do not want to clutter it.

All server rules still apply while in the Arena.

Arena Architecture:

The Arena will consist of a large amount of seating that is raised above the fighting grounds. Directly across from the main entrance, in the spectators seats, is a larger seat for the Arena Master.

The Arena will have an underground portion for contestants to prepare themselves and talk amongst themselves. In this underground portion will also be a Tournament Officials' office for them to prepare themselves to distribute food and dress in their attire.

The outside architecture will mainly be based on Roman arenas.

Times:

The Asulon Tournament will be held twice an Earth month, which is a total of 4 events and 2 half-times.

Please give feedback on this idea! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Brunhyldir.

Holy cow. Incredible effort and organization put into writing this. I support this event completely! :D + 1!

this stadium better look better than any arena every built in aegis.

I want to see a gladiator last man standing with lions!

there should be some events where its only role play battle, some that are just PvP, and most that are both. predetermined.

Perhaps we could Native.

I'll ask some nation leaders and make a poll or something.

When I get home from school in a few hours I'll do that, and make a few changes to this.

Id think it be great to have the stadium inside the Monks lands.

Also id like to sign up to be a contestant, i dont quite know how to do that so ill just post some basic character info...

Once i find out where you will put the stadium ill try to get signed up IG

MC Name-Lib216

RP Name-(subject to change) Elrith_Pelreemr

Race- Wood Elf

I think this idea is marvellous. I would love to watch seen as I am no good at PVP.

Also I defiantly think you should hold this in the Grand Alrasian Arena.

I propose we host this event in Alras, our Grand Arena is nearing finish and it looks quite beautiful. We are very close to the cloud temple as well, a two minute walk.

Though some may be concerned with Alras's non-neutrality on some events, I assure you that no outside conflicts will be persecuted within the city should the games be hosted in our city. The Military will make sure of that.

As much as I am sure that your nation is neutral, I do not want this in a city of a specific race or faction. Even if it is neutral, the only place that truly is such is the Cloud Temple and the Wilds.

As for my thoughts where this should be located:

• Not in Alras (or any specific nation for that matter; if they want to hold an arena, they'll make their own)

Either:

• In the Cloud Temple district

Or, my better idea:

• In the wilds, with a fast travel boat going to it FROM the cloud temple. Those who cannot pay the small boat fee can walk an extremely long path.

EDIT:

To be honest, I thought Alras was a completely human nation this entire time; after reading up some of the Lore on the wiki, I am more open to holding these rules in Alras.

However, my preferred course of action is what I stated above.

This tournament could be a good test on the fast travel mechanic.

Alras is the perfect place to hold this. Minutes away from the cloud temple and a neutral host. The grand arena is nearly built and is looking to host events like such!