The Elignonn, Or "fireborn"

((well, you are free to think the name should be changed because of similarity issues, but I'm thinking it's a bit too hasty to worry too much over a possible lawsuit. It'll be hard to sue someone over a name alone, and I personally doubt the company will bother. If they do, however, one can always change it right away upon request and thank them for the free publicity.))

((I think that being stubborn about a name with little relevance that could result in dire consequences is very distasteful. If there's a possibility at all this can effect LotC, it shouldn't even be a question about the name change.))

That was quite rude for you to spit at my feet... You talk of respect yet you spit at the feet of a fellow Mali'Aheral!

Ker'Athri's eyes shine brightly, his anger flaring

"You call yourself one of us, yet you are a disgrace to the very name. You have the gall to pretend you're something great, when you are so blind you cannot even recognize when someone has wronged you.

You are pathetic."

((you may want to change the name, Blizzard has a remarkable reaction when people are seen to be "stealing" their stuff in their eyes... This may cause a lawsuite if they find it and feel that it is TOO much like their Blood elves. Making LOTC Liable... I don't think LOTC can stand up to a multi million, if not billion pound company without destroying itself in the process... I suggest a name change and perhaps a change in what they are, why they are here, and what they are planning to do. That will probably be the best way to both put to rest any thoughts on lawsuites and people who say this is a rip of WOW/Warcaft Blood elves))

((Understood, when Sporadic comes up with an elven name, I'll change it. But I don't think they're going to be browsing through Minecraft RPG servers to find ways to sue people any time soon, so don't worry.

NOW CAN EVERYONE PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT THE NAME? THANK YOU.))

*Ker'Athri laughs at the pathetic mortal, speaking of honor*

Whether I have honor or not, I will still fight for the majesty of my brethren, although my efforts are useless when wasted on those who had no honor to begin with... such as you and my poor brother back there.

Return to me when you are not so insolent.

Aerandir chuckles looking at Ker'Athri

Stop talking child before you bring further shame to us High Elves and your own. You are not a High Elf if you react to our brother like that!

While writing a book on weather patterns, Lucion half listens to the ranting of Ker'Athri. His full attention is gained, however, when Ker'Athri spits on the foot of a fellow Mali'Aheral. Deciding that it was obviously none of his business, he disregards his feelings on the matter and returns to the task at hand. But when the words "You are pathetic" are uttered, he can hold himself no longer. Placing his quill down and straightening his papers into a neat pile, he stands up and walks towards Ker'Athri with a stern look upon his face. He looks him directly in the eyes, and speaks with un-shaking conviction.

Now see here, you brute! How precisely how is this highborn pathetic? That he sees through your ridiculous pretentions of "honour" and "redemption"? Your words sound more human or dwarven than that of Mali'Aheral.

You say that our "honour" has been sullied? That our forefathers require us to do battle with Uruks to "redeem" ourselves in their eyes? Seeing you, our forefathers would be shaking their heads in revulsion at your childish display; expecting the slaughter of Uruks to have any practical purpose other than to feed your vengence complex. What even is this "honour" you speak of? If it is primarily battle focused, then perhaps you have the blood of Uruk mixing and foaming in your vains.

What the Uruks did is despicable, and entirely expected from their kind. Now they huddle once more in their dingy, filth encrusted hovels. Far away from our kind. Your "redemption" will simply bring them back to the blessed Silver City before we are ready to actively resist them.

Calming himself from his rant, he quickly regains his composure and concludes his argument.

Your actions are illogical and without purpose. You will only spend the lives of our dwindling kind on your foolish quest. Begone, and take yourself to human lands, where warmongering is the day-to-day.

Satisfied with his words, Lucion walks briskly back to his papers and research.

I think this is going one way, a duel. We should arrange a time and a place. Then we will see who is pathetic.

You would readily raise blades against a fellow pure Mali'aheral because you disagree on how to honor our noble kin?

A waste of resources, energy and pure blood, Octavius. You should know better.

I am only following his customs. Unless he takes make the spit upon my feet, I see it going no other way. Until then, my offer still stands.

While writing a book on weather patterns, Lucion half listens to the ranting of Ker'Athri. His full attention is gained, however, when Ker'Athri spits on the foot of a fellow Mali'Aheral. Deciding that it was obviously none of his business, he disregards his feelings on the matter and returns to the task at hand. But when the words "You are pathetic" are uttered, he can hold himself no longer. Placing his quill down and straightening his papers into a neat pile, he stands up and walks towards Ker'Athri with a stern look upon his face. He looks him directly in the eyes, and speaks with un-shaking conviction.

Now see here, you brute! How precisely how is this highborn pathetic? That he sees through your ridiculous pretentions of "honour" and "redemption"? Your words sound more human or dwarven than that of Mali'Aheral.

You say that our "honour" has been sullied? That our forefathers require us to do battle with Uruks to "redeem" ourselves in their eyes? Seeing you, our forefathers would be shaking their heads in revulsion at your childish display; expecting the slaughter of Uruks to have any practical purpose other than to feed your vengence complex. What even is this "honour" you speak of? If it is primarily battle focused, then perhaps you have the blood of Uruk mixing and foaming in your vains.

What the Uruks did is despicable, and entirely expected from their kind. Now they huddle once more in their dingy, filth encrusted hovels. Far away from our kind. Your "redemption" will simply bring them back to the blessed Silver City before we are ready to actively resist them.

Calming himself from his rant, he quickly regains his composure and concludes his argument.

Your actions are illogical and without purpose. You will only spend the lives of our dwindling kind on your foolish quest. Begone, and take yourself to human lands, where warmongering is the day-to-day.

Satisfied with his words, Lucion walks briskly back to his papers and research.

*Ker'Athri's attention is caught by his brother*

Ah, see here! One of my brethren has the gall to stick up for himself! A noble warrior, you would make. But not this time. Although you have pride, you just openly insulted the rest of the Mali'Aheral and I, a decision unwise in my eyes. I will take up the offer for the duel, but I shall not slay you when I defeat you. Instead, when you are begging for mercy at my feet, I shall offer you a position among my order. The question is, will your pride remain?

Looks up from his papers once more.

Insulting my people? I insult only you. Your pursuit of blind vengence is hardly that of a proud Mali'Aheral. As for this idea of a "duel", I ask you to remember what I said about Uruk blood in you. I believe Uruks settle disputes by combat. furthermore, what would a duel prove? That you are a better swordsman than I, or vice versa? The only duel I would take part in is that of the mind. A debate. It is the only true way to settle disputes. Keep your sword for when night comes and the Mori skulk the roads. Leave the brutal Uruks to fates designs.

With that, Lucion gathers up his papers and returns home to avoid further interruptions.

Ker'Athri, quite pleased with how his brother responded, follows him to his house. After knocking 7 times, the door swings open and Ker'Athri explains his thoughts*

"Ah brother. You see, most of my words today were a test. It was a challenge to see who is mentally and physically capable of joining me and keeping their head about them. You surpassed my expectations, and I would be honored if you were to assume a high position in my order. You see, most of what the Blood Elves will do is not violence; it is only the first step. No no, after the crusade, we will be establishing an organization to learn and master the arts of everything, as we were meant to. You have proven that you are intelligent, and not violent and idiotic as our darker relatives. So I invite you to share your knowledge with us in our new order, as Grand Instructor. Please do remember that I was only testing you, and I bid you no harsh will. I do not expect you to accept this offer, but I would be truly delighted if you did.

Farewell Brother, I think you should sleep on it.

((Hard to sue over a name? Look at Bethesda suing Mojang over the name Scrolls. Its rather easy for an American Company to sue over silly things like this. Let alone LotC is based in North America so sadly the site can be sued easily.))

((Hard to sue over a name? Look at Bethesda suing Mojang over the name Scrolls. Its rather easy for an American Company to sue over silly things like this. Let alone LotC is based in North America so sadly the site can be sued easily.))

(( :evil: STOP POSTING ABOUT THE NAME. ))

((I will be traveling all around the Elven lands, recruiting warriors and scholars some time soon. So keep your eyes open! :rolleyes: ))