[Event Proposal] Disease Strikes The Land

Event Planners, MC Names: Italian_Assassin and anyone else who wants. Preferably nation leaders

Event Type: National-global catastrophe

Event Date: To be decided, and goes until the playerbase let's it die out

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Oren is the starting nation, but it can expand

Event Location: Oren to wherever it goes

Summary: A new player has spread across Asulon. No race is safe, and all are subject to its pains. Vomiting, fever, pox, fatigue, and weakness to move are the signs of this plague. It started in Oren in the slums, but that is not where died.

As the commoners and peasents went on trips to sell goods, or went to their Capitol of Arethor, it spread. Nobody was safe. Noble and commoner alike fell to it and it only spread as the streets grew dirtier and dirtier. In ran rampant, and no race was safe it seemed. Those who visited would catch it, and carried it with them.

The disease has no name right now, and runs rampant in the dirty areas of cities and nations. There is currently no cure and people infected with it are contagious. It isn't lethal in early stages but if the infected is sick enough for a time they will die of dehydration or other infections.

The cleanest people are the lest likely to be infected, or those isolated from it are generally safer.

Concept Images/Screenshots

Other Information: It is optional to die from it, and is easily spreadable so it would be nice to see it spread around Asulon, as it would only make sense.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: It might be nice at first to encourage role play of it but not required at all.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Maybe some actors in the beginning, but as it progresses hopefully not.

Another plague? It seems like with an all out war between Oren and the Dwarves looming we wouldn't need a plague attacking humanity as well :P And not to mention that plague that started in Seventis never really took off as well as it could of. I'm just not sure another plague is what Asulon needs.

Another plague? It seems like with an all out war between Oren and the Dwarves looming we wouldn't need a plague attacking humanity as well :P And not to mention that plague that started in Seventis never really took off as well as it could of. I'm just not sure another plague is what Asulon needs.

War and death would only fuel the fires for disease. Roting bodies and blood, festering wounds would only increase disease such as this.

There is a plague out, made and approved by Viper. I was one of the carriers. People ignored the RP, as you weren't forced to be infected, and it required OOC Concent, go ahead, but simply alerting you.

Yay, another plague <_<

I hated the first one, probably won't like this one either.

People over RP it, and it gets trolly, like people just go and try and get others sick and people don't wanna get sick OOC so they *****, others don't get infected even though they really should be, it was a mess, not needed, not needed at all.

I support this as I have Asulon ending with a plague in my recent post:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/67318-return-of-the-undead-and-a-passage-to-the-third-map/

--

It would work great together! :D

I'm basing this off Typhoid so it would be hard to exterminate us from that. Just gotta clean.