The Mages Guild

Sagwort

A tall, pale figure shows up at the gate of the castle high up in the mountains. Coughing and shivering in the cold, he clings himself to his staff. A noise can be heard, of metal clashing against the iron gate. The figure awaits response, holding on to his staff as if his life depended on it.

Vallel climbs the long staircase to the college, she has with her several books and lessons she plans to use to aid in her teaching.  As she approaches to cold Icy gates of the college she see's a face that she hasn't seen in years.   Her hair is different now and most of her scars have healed but she wonders if he'll recognize her.  As she approaches  she greets him with "Karin'ayla." and with a smile.  

The pale figure's ears twitch, and he smiles hearing the elven greeting coming from behind him. As he turns around, he responds.

"Karin'ay-"

As soon as he sees Vallel's face, he stops. Narrowing his eyes, he examines her, vaguely seeming to recognize her.

"Karin'ayla. My apologies, have we met before? You seem familiar."

Still with a curious glance on his face, he continues to stare at her in doubt.

Vallel stops  and smiles "Yes, once or twice."  She opens the gate and lets him inside closing it behind her.

She sits down her stuff in a side room and comes back to speak with her old friend.  

"Well now that we are not freezing or you at least.  What brings you to the college?'"

"The name is Silvos Sythaerin, thanks for asking." He says, sighing. As he seats himself, he can't help but wonder where he'd seen Vallel before. As he gladly adjusts his coat and thankfully enjoys the warmth of the room, he explains.

"As you may, or may not know, there's been a discovery in magic sciences just a few years ago. A high elf, together with some of my help, discovered the art of telekinesis. I've been practising this art, yet I've found it, after recent events, to be incapable of meeting the requirements I've gained. I read up on other forms of magic, and found there is actually a way to alter more in the world then just the way gravitation works. Transmutation it was called, if I'm not mistaken, as well as abjuration. I was gladly surprised, and I immediatly had the urge to find out more. However, we only had one book merely listing a few of these arts. That's, why I came here. I've visited the Mage's guild back in Asulon, yet never came inside. Now I knew a guild like this weren't to have just disappeared, so I've been travelling and searching for the past week or so, coming here.

Now excuse me for asking, but might I ask who you are? I really can't seem to remember."

Calin climbs the long and windy steps to the Mages Guild once again, after two or so years. He huffs and puffs as he reaches the top, noticing the familiar large iron gate, and to his displeasure, no one to great him. He sighs, letting out a long trail of frosty air, and sits down preparing for his long wait. He pulls out a book and opens somewhere just over half-way, then immerses himself in the "Lore and History of Asulon".

Vallel listens patiently as he speaks not interrupting.  As he begins to finish she pulls out a tome she has been working on and flips through a few pages. 

"So you don't recognize me, hmm. Amazing what blue dye can do to your hair.  When I washed it out I had that reaction from quite a lot of people." Vallel's face is calm and smiles waiting for his reaction as she says " I'm Lady Vallel Yuln Ehier'maehr although I rarely use that last name much anymore."

Vallel's face hardens as she mentions "When you knew me before, I fear it wasn't under the best circumstances and my mind was still being toyed with by a certain lich you may know." When finishing the comment she moves her hand if one would look at the book they would see a sketch of Evark holding a leash around her neck.  

Vallel folds her hands in her lap and looks at him, her eyes sparkle now as she continues "The magic you seek sounds quite interesting indeed.  In fact you're knowledge so far interest me as well. I'll see what I can do to help you but first you need to help me.  At the college we share our knowledge but only to the worthy. Would you be willing to show me why you consider yourself worthy?"

"Vallel Yuln... I see. You used to be, ah, yes. Impure. Evark really did do a bad job on you I suppose."

Silvos struggles, trying not to insult Vallel nor lose track of the conversation. A drop of sweat rolls down his forehead, as he remembers Vallel's skills. "Worthy? My, I'd be glad to."

As Silvos finishes his sentence, he takes a look around the room, noticing there are bookcases stacked in one of the corners. As he carefully removes his staff from his belt, the silver of his hands already clashing with the staff, he focuses his eyes on the bookcases. Shivering all of a sudden, the bookcases begin to rumble as the books inside of them are slowly shoved out by an unknown presence. Silvos grunts, his hands rapidly clashing with his staff, as the sound grows louder. The books then one by one float out of the bookcases, forming a vortex in mid-air as Silvos calms himself. He inhales deeply, then starts to talk once again.

"I'd consider myself worthy... As my practise and knowledge are currently rare to the world. To my knowledge, there are only three telekinetics roaming the lands. I'd say the guild is gaining a useful member, with me sharing my experience."

Silvos exhales sharply, whilst the vortex of books slowly reorganize themselves, flying back into the bookcases one by one. "I also share a lot of connections, and am close to people both in elLin'evaral and the Arcane delvers." With one last breath, Silvos gasps for air as a clicking noise is heard.

"That'd be it, I suppose. Now, about Evark. What happened since he was..." Silvos hesitates. "Removed?"

Vallel watches him her gaze turning into a glare as he mentions her father.  Memories flash in her mind as she pushes them away in order to focus on him.  As she does this books start to fly off the shelf and she begins to listen again when he says :

"I'd consider myself worthy... As my practise and knowledge are currently
rare to the world. To my knowledge, there are only three telekinetics
roaming the lands. I'd say the guild is gaining a useful member, with me
sharing my experience."

As she listens and ponders this skill, she recalls others using it before and ask "I see and who are those gifted with this knowledge?"

He goes on ranting about his connections to things that she could care less about.  Already having her own in those places and her mind goes off thinking on how Yuln is doing when he mentions.

Evark. What happened since he was..." Silvos hesitates. "Removed?"

"Since my father's death I turned my life around.  I had an emptyness inside me and I choose to fill it with studies and knowledge.  I continued training on my own learning through scientifc study as I did back in  Haelun'or  Not only did I study magic I gathered friends arond me as well.  Those who didn't judge me for my life choices about love.  As time went on I moved to the dwarven city and found my way here." 

She looks down at the journal and flips to another page. She sighs and awaits his response.

Listening to Vallel, Silvos reseats himself into a more relaxed position. Knowing Vallel has not followed into her father's footsteps were a relief, he now only hoped she could perhaps return to the High Elves one day. His mind still on that, he answers her question.

"The others practising telekinesis, are two individuals who I'm sure you know already. Mister Uradir, or 'The Vulnir' as he now likes to call himself, and Elwen Evaglno. Both seem to be doing fine on the subject as well. Now, I am glad to hear you've filled the emptiness your father left behind with knowledge. You obviously still are a mali'aheral, following the maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. Of course, I'm here to gain from- and give knowledge to the guild, but there's another favour you could do us. Come back..."

Silvos stops in the middle of his sentence, awaiting Vallel's response. The relaxation that had built up before was now gone once again. Thus he awaited, to see what Vallel would do now.

Vallel sits and listens considering his opinon.  She has friends and family there... "I will give it thought if you can promise me one thing.  I would like peace when I visit, calling me names and labeling me only shows how childish some of the members are.  I will give them another chance not for your sake but for friends I have inside your walls. " 

Vallel breaths softly, and looks
"Now to the matter at hand, you want to study here I presume. I will see what I can do regarding getting you an audience with the Arch mage.  Take some time and look around while you wait for him"

Silvos nods, smiling ever so slightly as she mentions Ambros. "Avernan. I'll be around. For now, van'ayla, I suppose."

Twisting his silver hands for a bit, he gets up after another click can have been heard. He then walks away mumbling.

[[Please refrain from turning this into an RP thread, as it is not.  It is meant for giving important notices to other members of the guild and for answering any questions people may have about the guild.]] 

Yuln climbed up the stairs to the Mages guild. Finally, she could return to the place again. Her... personal matters had been handled with.
As she reaches the top of the stairs, she finds the gate open. A frown appears on her face as she enters. Looking arounds the place, she finds that it is completely void of people. A deep sigh escapes her mouth.

She leaves a small note, reading:
"Personal matters have been handeled, send me a letter when someone reads this.

-Yuln"

She lays the note on the rim of the ice fountain in the main hall and starts to descend the ruined stairs again, enjoying the ice cold wind on her skin.