The Mages Guild

Sagwort

A letter arrives for Yuln. It is carried by a snowy owl with a small gold-trimmed blue ribbon with golden embroidery matching Elwen's hood around it's leg. The letter itself is written in elegant calligraphy.

"Apprentice Yuln

It is good to see that you are active at the College once more. I apologize for my absence as I am currently mapping the local area for documentation in our library. Your return is acknowledged by the Archanix and should you not inform the Master Wizard first, I will make sure he knows of your return. I will leave your letter to let others know of your return as well. You were not forgotten and you are still an Apprentice. Please try to get into contact with Master Wizard Jon Evaglno for anything pertaining to your lessons.

Mages Guild Archanix, Elwen Evaglno"

Yuln's note of return is left in the same spot for others to discover.

Vallel brings a few potential students to the college as they look over the building.  She shows them around and awaits the Arch Wizards contact of when she can begin her teaching.  She notices as well how empty it seems and frowns as she begins plotting ways to bring in more students. 

She begins to browse the library for books in her related field.

[[ Is any apprentice spot open Ike (my character) would like to learn]]

*Ike wonders and speaks to himself "The Sorceress has been gone a long time.I wonder if someone could show me the ways of magic.I feel my skills have slipped during the years..." Ike then wanders onward*

((Around what times (Central Standard Time) would I be able to find someone actually at the college?  I have made the journey there a few times, but there is never anyone there.))

((If you want to see an old man taking a bath I am on at 1am CST))

((If you want to see an old man taking a bath I am on at 1am CST))

((....I... Might actually consider that...))

((....I... Might actually consider that...))

Dido... Somehow. Actually sounds like an interesting experience. Though question, will it be a sponge bath? []

((Sorry, I worked late last night and am busy tonight and will be working late the tomorrow night. Sounds terrible I know. But I will be around for that bath next week. I'll be pretty smelly by then, so maybe a sponge will be necessary.))

((I now see what you mean about no one being around. It is a pretty quiet time in LOTC overall, I think.))

A crisp parchment scroll is pinned before the entrance to the Mage’s
College of Wyverwyn Hold. The notice can be seen glistening off of the
rays of the run along with the occasional stains produced by snow that
had drifted and melted upon the scroll.

“By the order of the Grand King Thorin Grandaxe I of the Obsidian Throne,
the Mages' College of Wyverwyn Hold is hereby to vacate the premises
within the span of two Elven days. All belongings within the college are
defaulted to the crown, save for the personal effects of the members.

If the college, campus grounds, or any other part of the lands held by the
Dwarven Kingdom of Urguan are compromised in any way by any Guild
member, the crown shall bring lethal force to bear upon the Guild as a
whole. Anyone found guilty of these crimes, or of sheltering those
guilty of these crimes, shall be declared a traitor of the state and
subject to torture of varying severity, depending on the extent of the
specific crime.

Afterwards, the traitors shall be extradited to the Holy Oren Empire to be tried as
Heretics, and dealt with as such. The Dwarven Legion shall mobilize
shortly after the Guild vacate the college, to ensure that the structure
has not been harmed during the evacuation.

Should the Order and faculty refuse, they and all allies shall be eviscerated
and their entrails will be hung throughout the land as a warning against
defiance or serve the punishment as previously stated. This shall be left to
the discretion of Grand King Thorin Grandaxe I.”

Before the brim of the scroll lays a wax seal of the Grandaxe Clan. The proud
signature of Grand King Thorin is written beside the emblem in a thick bold script.

Elindor comes down from the toiletrium, having heard footsteps outside. He looks around a bit and sees no one, however the note does catch his eye. He reads briefly then mumbles something before heading back inside.

"Could anyone tell the difference between being evicted and the status quo around here?"

He begins to ascend the stairs, rubbing the towel that was around his waist through his hair.

"Oh, Ambrooos"

((no funny business, he just 'happens' to be naked))

-snip-

Elwen stares at the note for a short while, looking rather angry. Immediately she sets off for the Dwarven Capital. She told the Grand Marshal she needed to speak with Thorin first. Now, there's going to be issues.

Elene tilts her head, shifting the books in her arms, and curiously a bag of what appears to be small, round objects. 

"Well....Isn't that peculiar?"

Her thought process is cut off as she looks down, smiling. She reaches down, picking up a small, chiseled rock.

"Oh! Haven't found one like this!"

She smiles, heading into the library to study. A clunking sound could be heard as she dumps the bag of rocks onto the table, beginning to study them.

A new piece of parchment as been posted next to the eviction notice.

"Members of the Order

I have spoken to the Grand King, Thorin Grandaxe about our eviction from the College. We have come to a verbal agreement that all mages may stay within the college if they so desire. Transcribed below is our conversation so that all may know our agreement.

Elwen: "King Thorin. I bring forth the matter of the Mages Guild eviction that had arrived last Elven day."
Thorin: "Aye. I saw the building myself. It looked rather barren."

Elwen: "I assure you, we are active. I myself have been tutoring my apprentice. We get prospective apprentices from time to time as well. I believe you simply caught us at a bad time."

Thorin: "Well, no worries."

Elwen: "Quite a few of us are upset about the notice of eviction."

Thorin: "I will change the eviction to fit better. I will change it so only the leaders change. Does that sound good? And everyone who currently resides in the tower may stay and study in peace."

Elwen: "I cannot speak for the Archmage himself. However, I think that such a change would be ideal for the bulk of the Guild. Assuming only the Archmage changes."
Thorin: "Very good. I will talk to... I forget his name. But I will allow all current guild members to stay within reason that any changes take place."

Elwen: "Of course. I'd hate for the Mages to be on bad terms with the Dwarven King. After all, conflict slows down progress."
Thorin: "I have been quite busy."
Elwen: "I understand. The notice of eviction upset many of us as some of us, like myself, live at the college. I hope you understand. Some of us have nowhere else to go. So we have a verbal contract then? All members within the Order at the moment may stay within the College?"

Thorin: "Aye, but you'll have to abide by the rules of the new Archmage."
Elwen: "We will see. If he proves to be incapable or tyrannical, I will bring the matter forth again. The Order does not want a corrupt Archmage."

Thorin: "If he proves either. Anyway, you may leave."
Elwen: "Very well. I will hold you to your word, King Thorin. Farewell."

At this point, I left. Now you all know our verbal contract. We are (or should, as per the contract) allowed to stay. If the King goes against his word, I will talk to him once more. This transcription is for the sake of documentation and there were witnesses in his court. I have another copy of the transcription in my possession. I will also be on the look out for an official notice from King Thorin. That is all.

Elwen Evaglno, Archanix"

Staring at both the notices upon the wall, Lucion shakes his head slowly and taps his iron staff upon the stone with small scowl.

"Threats of torture and death, next, leadership overhauls. Inconsistent, this one."

He marches quickly into the college, and makes his way towards his "office."

"I must secure the rest of my research..."

News of the recent  events at the college reaches Vallel's ears.   She decides to stay away for awhile and focus on her students away from the college walls.