The Ravens

CommunistSpy

Disclaimer: the Ravens are not inspired nor affiliated with the White Ravens

OdhlDYM.jpg

You are attending to daily life, walking down a loose cobble road. You hear a crowing in the distance, and slowly it gets louder. You look up and see a Raven perched in a tree above you. It looks inquisitively down upon you, then flies down and lands on your shoulder. You notice a small pouch attached to its leg, and you discover a message - addressed to you! You take the message and the bird waits. You find an empty scroll of paper and assume a message is to be sent back with the raven. The message reads:

"Justice

This above all is what the Ravens seek. The raven is capable of surviving by itself, but can work together in larger groups. It can remain hidden, or continue its work in broad daylight. The Ravens are a unified group with members consisting of different races, genders, and creeds. There is one thing we have in common - our unhinged and extreme desire for Justice. We live in a world where slavery, torture, murder, thievery, and kidnapping are as common as sand on the beach. If Justice were enforced by 'the law', then those who are Good would not have to worry, but that is not the case. The Law allows guilty men to walk free and escape what they deserve, and sometimes it even allows evil men to work within the legal system and profit at the suffering of others.

The Ravens are not hindered by the law. We do not operate during day - the Raven's Wing shelters us and allows us to accomplish our goals in secret. 

So ask yourself - do you wish to make a difference? Do you wish to be a true Force for Good? Do you seek Justice, no matter the cost? If so, you belong among the Ravens. Upon joining, you will learn the Edicts of the Raven."

The magnificent bird flutters its wings and flies away, your message (if any) sent back to wherever, or whomever, it serves.

The Ravens

Ranks:

The Overseer: The Overseer is the leader of the Ravens. He or she guides the overall actions and movements of the group, keeping private and sending commands from afar. The Overseer usually has a successor planned out in advance, should he or she experience an unexpected demise.

The Hunters: The Hunters are the Ravens who specialize in scouting and assassinating missions. They stalk their prey, waiting for an opportune moment to strike and bring down Justice. Many live a solitary life filled with wandering, and tend to be alone for long periods of time in between orders. 

The Enforcers: The main branch of the Ravens, the Enforcers serve as builders, craftsmen, blacksmiths, and soldiers. They participate in defending the Raven home and going on large-scale raids, but also have the tasks of gathering supplies and recruiting others to the fold. They are essentially adaptable to different situations that rise up, but fail to become experts in any one field.

The Acolytes: Composed of non-combatants, the Acolytes are the branch of the Ravens who specialize in construction, farming, and other peaceful activities. They share the ideals of the Ravens, but do not (or are unable) to harm others. They serve in other ways, such as keeping the Raven complex secure and running, cooking meals, inventing items, writing and copying books, recruiting, and the like. 

The Lurkers: One of the more daring and dangerous 'ranks', the Lurkers are Raven members who do not live in the Communal Raven complex, or near it. They may roam the world or be part of another organization. One important aspect of the Lurkers is that they serve as the spies of the Ravens. By having their normal lives proceed as normal, they can lay in hiding for many years until they receive an order or task. They also collect information on targets, organizations, potential allies and enemies, and report it to the main Raven force. An esteemed task would be for a Lurker to sabotage an enemy operation by joining and 'assisting them'. For obvious reasons, this is the most dangerous rank. Of course, Lurkers may simply be those who don't wish to abandon their current lives, but wish to help anyway.

The Lost Ones: A 'lost one' is an individual who is under investigation or scrutiny by the Ravens. The individual is a target for recruitment, and simply needs to be shown the 'light'. Many Ravens wish to join because they want action, and a Lost One is shown the path that fulfills their desire to bring Justice to those who have escaped it, or to help those who have been ignored. 

Other Information

-The Ravens prefer to keep their identities secret, and only a few recruiters will announce they are members. This doesn't  mean they are completely secret, but only the tip of the iceberg is shown, so to speak. 

-Please apply using the form below. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

-Application Format-

What is your personal definition of Justice:

Why do you wish to join the Ravens:

Explain your life up to this point (short version):

Do you have any VAs, if so, which ones:

Which rank do you want, and why:

Are you currently a member of an organization(s):

Would you abandon your current life to serve the Ravens:

If not, would you serve them in any way you could otherwise:

Why do you deserve to be among us - what sets you apart:

((I apologise, but the whole concept is far too similar to the White Ravens for me to take seriously.))

((The White Ravens were around in the past. They were actually quite popular, and yes this does seem quite like them.))

((Aside from the name, the goals of the 'Raven' groups are different, as is the requirements, etc.

Let's stop the OOC, it's spamming up the thread))

*an owl arrives, it is carrying a letter, when you open it you can see a message written in blue ink*

Ravens,
while I find your organisation noble and just I have a request, no not a request more a demmand.
I ask of you to change your name, long ago there was already a guild named the (white) ravens.
They had the same goals and ideas as you, they as well dreamed of a better world. However,
Like almost everything, eventually they failed and got corrupted. The reason that I want you to change
your name is for your own safety. The ravens have made many enemies in the past, some of wich are still
around to date. It would be, unfortunate if you would be killed simply because of a name.
Another suggestion that I make, tho is a suggestion and not a demand like the previous, is that you drop this idea.
There are manier groups around that have the same goal as you, groups that already have fighters and supplies.
Why not rather join them? After all a club makes a far better weapons than a twig.
Consider my words and don't be afraid to write a reply, send it to tent camp at the docks. I'll pop by every day to look for a message.
Signed,

Eledyr

-snip-

((It's a name, I rather see recruits than posts about our name. It's the Ravens, I'm not changing it, any suggestion to do that is ridiculous AND spam. Please refrain from bringing up our name in the future, if you don't like it then that's fine. Keep your opinion to yourself. And our organizations have very little in common..))

((Where exactly is this note posted? The OP says that a Raven would deliver it to you... Would this be ANYBODY? And the second post you make is addressed as being in Oren.))

*A note is posted underneath a rock*

Been recruited into the order by Markin. Met on the mountains of Elysium. After a few days, I began to aid him. He recruited me on the docks before we left for the new lands.

-Application Format-  -----------------------------EDITED--------------------------------------

What is your personal definition of Justice:   Those who do wrong will be tied up, punished. Those who do wrong again will receive an arrow between their eyes.

Why do you wish to join the Ravens:    I am a Sentinel of Malinor, they are respectable, but bound by so many laws. I want to hunt criminals, not file ten reports on their biographies and daily life patterns.

Explain your life up to this point (short version):   I am young for a Mali'ame. 120. Grew up alone in the woods with my mother. Joined the Arcane Delvers as a Mageshield, and then Malinor's Sentinels. I've seen plenty of greed and corruption in that time.

Do you have any VAs, if so, which ones: No VAS

Are you currently a member of an organization(s):      Sentinels and Arcane Delvers, I will soon be an Illusionist.

Would you abandon your current life to serve the Ravens:    I'm a busy elf, I cannot abandon my friends in the Delvers nor shirk my duties as a Sentinel, but I will find time to be as asset for the Ravens as well.

If not, would you serve them in any way you could otherwise:      As long as they remain just, I remain with them.

Why do you deserve to be among us - what sets you apart:     I can pin a chipmunk with an arrow at a hundred yards. I've fought powerful mages. Take your pick. I wish to hunt criminals, like the rest of you, if you will have me I will help.

Which rank do you want, and why:  I wish to be a Hunter. Tracking and assassinations are my specialty. A lurker too, I cannot abandon my current life.

((I have added some art, the ranking system, and updated a few things. Please apply if you are a member already, or if you wish to join. Thank you!))

*Nienna sighs, as she allows the bird to land on her arm. She waves it off, and the bird flaps onto a fencepost, studying her curiously. She returns the stare, judging it intently.*

"Lets see, Raven, someone likes their large, over-intelligent birds. Hm, a lot like me, actually."

*Nienna holds her stare for a moment longer, before taking the note off of the Raven, her brow slowly furrowing as she reads it.*

"Ravens, raves, survival, ravens. The Ravens, Got it. So this is how the Ravens recruit members..."

*Nienna looks to the blank scroll, pursing her lips. Eventually she shrugs, and writes a response.*

"Much better method of distribution for a secret society than the normal rigmarole of signs posted everywhere. The raven was a good choice; very smart for a bird. This bird is pretty well trained too. ~N"

*picks up the note and scrawls it out*  

-Application Format-

What is your personal definition of Justice: Justice is the bringing of crime to a end through whatever means used

Why do you wish to join the Ravens: Because I'm tired of life filling out paperwork for crime and want to live free

Explain your life up to this point (short version): I was a sentinel since asulon and was fired today

Do you have any VAs, if so, which ones: 4a,1a

Which rank do you want, and why: I want the hunter because I like to scout and find targets

Are you currently a member of an organization(s): not anymore

Would you abandon your current life to serve the Ravens: Yes

If not, would you serve them in any way you could otherwise: If I wouldn't I would be a spy

Why do you deserve to be among us - what sets you apart: I deserve to be among you because i have experience in these areas and I'm very good in the shadows better than others

-Application Format-  -----------------------------EDITED--------------------------------------

What is your personal definition of Justice:   Those who do wrong will be tied up, punished. Those who do wrong again will receive an arrow between their eyes.

Why do you wish to join the Ravens:    I am a Sentinel of Malinor, they are respectable, but bound by so many laws. I want to hunt criminals, not file ten reports on their biographies and daily life patterns.

Explain your life up to this point (short version):   I am young for a Mali'ame. 120. Grew up alone in the woods with my mother. Joined the Arcane Delvers as a Mageshield, and then Malinor's Sentinels. I've seen plenty of greed and corruption in that time.

Do you have any VAs, if so, which ones: No VAS

Are you currently a member of an organization(s):      Sentinels and Arcane Delvers, I will soon be an Illusionist.

Would you abandon your current life to serve the Ravens:    I'm a busy elf, I cannot abandon my friends in the Delvers nor shirk my duties as a Sentinel, but I will find time to be as asset for the Ravens as well.

If not, would you serve them in any way you could otherwise:      As long as they remain just, I remain with them.

Why do you deserve to be among us - what sets you apart:     I can pin a chipmunk with an arrow at a hundred yards. I've fought powerful mages. Take your pick. I wish to hunt criminals, like the rest of you, if you will have me I will help.

Which rank do you want, and why:  I wish to be a Hunter. Tracking and assassinations are my specialty. A lurker too, I cannot abandon my current life.

*A raven is seen flying from Elysium*

I am Shadow ((Sancor)), tainted of Iblees, blessed of Aeriel. Go to Elysium. Wait in the Sunsorrow Inn. I will come for you, and from henceforth, you are a Lost One. ((Also, what is your MC name and RP name?))