[Event Idea] Return To Aegis.

Ever

No real Rp reason...

The flash back does sound good though.

The only problem I have is for the people not here during Aegis, we just, what? Float along?

I sorta covered that in the original post. 

With what I had in mind, one person "leads the dream" and the rest follow. So as long as SOMEONE remembers Aegis, everyone asleep at that time/involved in the dream ritual thing can go.

That's also why I don't like the idea of a flash back.

As Skippy said, screw lore.

This sounds fun and people like fun. If lore is stopping fun then change the lore.

This sounds fun and people like fun. If lore is stopping fun then change the lore.

Attaboy...

I have been dying to see aegis again.. lets do this even if it is just for a day we can say its a dream or something along those lines.. I would really like to this..

+All my heart and soul 

I think this is a great idea! We could do something along the lines of a dream, or maybe a quick flashback before the change. This would definitely be great, Aegis was amazing and it be great to see it again.

I love this idea. Just, so much yes. I would love to walk under those bulky pillars in Urguan once more!

clap.gif

I honestly just want to see the place again. Having crappy (nonexistant) lore seems kind of pointless why not just have an OOC event and just have some fun.

BOO HOO SCREW LORE I WANNA ROLEPLAY IN AEGIS.

A dream would be nice, you don't need lore to have a simple dream of Aegis.  I also hate all ya'll "NO RP REASONING" all the time.

I'm not even going to go into detail at how wrong this statement is.

I agree that sometimes people ask too much for the little most insignificant thing but in this case you really do need RP reasoning for an occurance like this. It isn't natural for this to happen. Again, not going into details as I "Hate it" when people always go on about how we should "screw the lore" and just go on as we please with no benchmark to stand on. I've had it with having to explain why lore is needed to people like you so I am not going to try. Go read my past posts to find out why as I cannot be bothered wasting my time answering this same thing over and over again. Go waste your own damn time to learn how to better yourself, ignorant child. I'd tell you it's a wonder to me how you are even on the app team sometimes with the things you do...

Also, note what Shoi said before. It is not possible at this time with the equipment at present to handle the maps.

Most lore is in place to make RP fair and reasonable as well. Just because it might be fun for some people to be able to ride dragons doesn't mean it is fun, fair and reasonable for everyone else.

Attaboy...

Egging people on serves nothing but to fuel the fires of dispute.

No real Rp reason...

The flash back does sound good though.

The only problem I have is for the people not here during Aegis, we just, what? Float along?

At least some people here are taking into account those who were not in Aegis, compared to those who just want Aegis for the sheer fact of Aegis.

Might I also point out that these temp maps that we are on at least have meaning and drive our characters fowards? A dream work would not do any of that, there would be no purpose at all for the RP done in a dream world. Just look at the last dream world. Everyone got bored because everyone realized anything they did in the dream world didn't matter.

But there's plenty of people around who still have characters from Aegis. 

Plenty yes, I do not deny that. But there is still plently of non Aegis characters and players also on server which you should also take into account. They matter just as much as you and Aegis players.

While I agree the lore reasoning is pretty bad (okay, it's terrible), I don't think that should be a barrier from a harmless and potentially fun event. All character involved forget a few weeks after the event so it will/would have no lasting effects on the populace asides from a few confused scribes. 

Harmless and fun. These are perpectives and opinions, not facts. We don't know what would truly be the case from fact past this: Last time we had a dream event, it ran for a little while until people realized that anything they did in never never land ment nothing at all in the end and people just got bored with it. It's also because this doesn't really happen on a regular basis, that everyone in existence all inter connect with one another at the same time with the same dream. Do you even know what the implications would be if such was to occur? We would be lucky if the entirity of existence didn't come out with severe brain damage at the amount of intermingling thoughts overlapping each other, especially since we have such a large amount of insane and villainous characters on server.  The sheer implications alone is why I am against the whole dream world thing.

I just don't really agree with saying 'no, this is bad, and we cannot do this' just because it doesn't have an extensive lore backing (I could just come up with a lame lore reasoning like an Aengul/Daemon visiting the populace if really needed but... why? I don't feel it is needed). The event is ultimately harmless and would just be a neat roleplaying experience. Tell me, do you really want to stay on the same temp map for another month without any big break in the monotony? 

I never said "no this is bad we shouldn't do this" I said that it just simply isn't possible really and that the current server wouldn't really gain anything from it. The event isn't harmless, everyone's character would be effected in such a way and there would be no real explination for it.

I'd rather have maps where my character's actions will actually drive stories forwards instead of a dream world where your actions, no matter how large are meaningless.  What would you rather? RP with purpose, or RP with no purpose at all? The answer? I think we all here already know it.

I sorta covered that in the original post. 

With what I had in mind, one person "leads the dream" and the rest follow. So as long as SOMEONE remembers Aegis, everyone asleep at that time/involved in the dream ritual thing can go.

So now it is a ritual of magic? Question, who exactly is doing this? What is their reasons as to doing this? Who has the sheer power themselves to bind the ENTIRE WORLD to the same dream.

That's also why I don't like the idea of a flash back.

Having two full on world maps would lag the server to hell and back. 

Could we pay attention to the Administration please? Instead of just ignoring them all of the time and THEN getting scauled with a deny? Which is usually the case.

You don't even know how I miss aegis, I really wished that whole map was rebuild so we could play on it again, It was just amazing

I support

Do not mistake my objection to this topic as in a sense saying I do not wish to return to Aegis. I really do wish Aegis was still the norm of the server. But then I also remember that the times have changed and we have moved on in lore. It wouldn't make sense to go back there right now as there is nothing to go back to. As shoi said:

Some things are just better put to rest.

I fully support this. I have had this idea myself, but never got around to making a post.

Most lore is in place to make RP fair and reasonable as well. Just because it might be fun for some people to be able to ride dragons doesn't mean it is fun, fair and reasonable for everyone else.

I don't see how stopping something that can potentially create a lot of fun is fair and reasonable. 

Going to a fun place full of memories and nostalgia for a fair amount of the community is different to riding dragons.

Who cares about the lore of it, we're just here to have fun.

And I dont see why a select few all-mighty lore masters should stop the server from having fun ( Which is why we're all here, to have fun ) just because

" I dont see 4 pages of accurate lore detailing this. Not happening, nope. "

Flashback. There bam, it's good enough alright. We just want to have fun on this server not write a bloody english essay for everything we do.

Blundermore, give it a rest.

And Shoi, quite clearly the server has shown this is one of the things better /not/ put to rest right now.

#ReturnToAegisInADream2013

To all people saying we need lore or RP reasoning:

15dw7s6.jpg

You can shove your lore up your arse. It's about time we had some bloody fun on this server.

Who cares about the lore of it, we're just here to have fun.

I care, the staff cares, a lot of people care actually for lore as well. This is what is known as an "opinion made fact" otherwise known as not true. Yes we are here to have fun but we also want to have lore that creates a backbone for the server so that we don't have stupid **** happening  all the time. 

And I dont see why a select few all-mighty lore masters should stop the server from having fun ( Which is why we're all here, to have fun ) just because

partly because one, it's our job to, two, we're volunteers, and three, we don't usually make the final choices over subjects like this, staff do, and I do believe a staff has already answered this query.  

" I dont see 4 pages of accurate lore detailing this. Not happening, nope. "

Once again, over embelishment of a subject that is hardly true. We don't ask for "four pages" we ask for an explanation, to which nearly all lore ever written takes up less than one., past in detail lore regarding entire nations etc.  

Flashback. There bam, it's good enough alright. We just want to have fun on this server not write a bloody english essay for everything we do.

I understand that, as am I, but our job is also to make sure that what comes on server is actually entertaining to everyone. Not just to you and your small rp groups.

Blundermore, give it a rest.

I'll return this remark. Benneh, shut-up. 

And Shoi, quite clearly the server has shown this is one of the things better /not/ put to rest right now.

This is a dream world, anything you do in it serves no purpose, even less than the current temp maps and yet people seem to think it will be fun and give purpose,  #Logic does not exist here#. What's more so, why? Why now? You know how much effort is being put in to even get 3.0 up along with the wiki's and all that and keep the server running AND keep the forums going?

But no, MOAR MOAR MOAR, that's all I ever see from the playerbase in return. You, unfortunately will never be happy till the world is handed to your selfish little grubby hands like a spoilt child. Why don't you stop and think about what's going on behind all this, all the effort that is being put in and all the hours of the staff's time, OUR time, is being given up FOR YOU.  When all we get in return is insult after insult after insult and demands after demands after demands. 

#ReturnToAegisInADream2013

#Playerslearntogrowup2013

To all people saying we need lore or RP reasoning:

15dw7s6.jpg

You can shove your lore up your arse. It's about time we had some bloody fun on this server.

#Playerslearntogrowup2013

If you want a five page lore reasoning as to why something like this is happening/could happen, I'll gladly write it up. But I see no need to as it has no lasting effects. 

It's a dream, so no one dies/can be injured. Everyone forgets so people don't RP things they couldn't possibly know. 

I responded to what Shoi said. No, it is not the full map. It is only the chunks containing the Kal'Urguan town and undercity. I highly doubt it is any bigger than the other two maps that are currently being hosted, and nowhere near as large as Aegis/Asulon. If you'd prefer Aegis just be left in the past, then all you have to do is deny this event idea and we can all move on, back to milling about on the temp map. 

I have no problems if this is denied. Obviously the lore is a bit weak and some people do not like that. That's understandable. This is in the event proposals section for a reason: for you guys to decide whether or not it's good enough to pass, not the community, and I am mostly okay with that. 

Ogradhad – (og-rad-had) – Aengul

“The Lore Master”

Symbol: An Open Book
Alignment: Neutral
Portfolio: Scholarship, invention, discovery, knowledge, magic

The secrets of Aegis are waiting to be discovered. Travel widely, broaden your mind at everyopportunity, and pursue the life of a scholar. Cultivate the spirit of intrigue among the youngand be teachers to all. Seek to recover lost and arcane knowledge of ages past and apply it tothe world today. Try new methods of doing things just for the joy of experimenting. Learn alittle of everything, for you never know what might be of use down the road.

New lore. Ogradhad visits the current king of the dwarves/a council and explains to them that this night, they will be making a  voyage, in their dreams, to Kal'Urguan in it's prime. He does this so that they may not forget the past and that they may learn from those mistakes to better prevent them in this new world. 

Edit: And can we all please stop flaming each other? ;-; We can have a civil discussion without the mud flinging.