[Event Idea] Return To Aegis.

Ever

The server cannot handle having the maps loaded at the same time, shoi has already stated this. 

What does that mean? Like... it can't be online when the multi-verse thing is added? I've never ran a server so I assumed she had just meant that the server cannot properly run the three maps at once (elysium, kalos, and the aegis town). 

I don't think a short downtime would cause too much of a problem, especially if the players know an event is following it.

Edit: Okay, well when you say something cannot be done, please deny the idea and move on. Went through four pages of flames back and forth only because I figured this was still possible.

Please move to denied, I guess.

As far as I know the server is running Elysium, Kalos and the Anthos build map. It can't take any more. It's barely coping as it is.

Someone could probably host it independantly though. It just can't go up on the main server hardware.

As far as I know the server is running Elysium, Kalos and the Anthos build map. It can't take any more. It's barely coping as it is.

Someone could probably host it independantly though. It just can't go up on the main server hardware.

Ah, I didn't know it was hosting the build map as well. This makes perfect sense now.

I'm open for anyone that wants to host it, to host it. I just don't want to split the playerbase/give players a subpar experience by forcing them onto a laggy server with no roleplaying tools (names, emotes, etc).

If we had unlimited resources we could do it but sadly, with even if we managed to get Aegis on there is still corruption and issues with that map that I don't want to even touch.

Why would we need Elysium and Kalos is we were in dream Aegis?

Don't want to force people into doing an event that might not be fun for them. 

This would be awesome. I have been on world saves of Aegis and it is remarkable! 

That goes against everything I've heard from all the builders. Unless it was changed a short while ago, the Anthos build map is on it's own server.

I'm pretty Alec's basic roleplay tools are on Bukkit.

I don't know how to install bukkit, nor do I have acess to a good server.

And again, I'm stealing LOTC members to play on a non-lotc server. Doesn't seem good/right when we could keep everything officail. 

I'm pretty Alec's basic roleplay tools are on Bukkit.

It is, but the public version hasn't been updated since 1.3.1.

Lol, you need to all get your heads out of nostalgia land....

I will say this quite bluntly.

Aegis was an absolute horse **** of a map.

I don't care if you're just like "Relive the memories, blah blah blah". Aegis was honestly quite awful, the community is the actual thing that made Aegis quite the awesome place. So if you want a grand Aegis again, relive your nostalgia moments? Just try to shape up the community and I'm sure that'll be achieved with 3.0. But Aegis wasn't that good, no need for another bloody proposal to visit a ghetto, am I right?

It may not appeal to some, but Aegis to me was the begining of my RolePlaying experience here. I had some fantastic roleplay out in the wilds hunting down animals and creating small camp fires with friends where we'd sing and drink ale.

Calling the original map of LoTC, where it all began "Horse S***" is a little harsh. Yes, the architecture on some things looked like it had come out of a horse's rear end.. But it wasn't the builds that mattered, it was the atmosphere they brought.

It may not appeal to some, but Aegis to me was the begining of my RolePlaying experience here. I had some fantastic roleplay out in the wilds hunting down animals and creating small camp fires with friends where we'd sing and drink ale.

Calling the original map of LoTC, where it all began "Horse S***" is a little harsh. Yes, the architecture on some things looked like it had come out of a horse's rear end.. But it wasn't the builds that mattered, it was the atmosphere they brought.

Trust me, I loved the roleplay that came from Aegis, but a map will never change that. It's the players..