The Berkano Healers

hex37

*A woman clad in pale blue robes hurries about city after city, plastering posters onto message boards. The posters speak of something new- not of rebellion, not of war, nor politics, nor murder. It expresses an odd, unique concept: Healing.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx5y97wK6u4

The Berkano Healers

nykVXMv.jpg

“The most obvious Truth is hidden deep within, and only you will ever know it.”

=Who are the Berkano Healers?=

The Berkano healers is a non-violent collection of healers spread all across Anthos operating with a similar purpose in mind- Make this sick, sick world a better place to live, one patient at a time. The Berkano healers are meant to be an organization dedicated to healing selectively, curing only those who are good and righteous, and refusing care to those who are not. Through healing only the worthy, they hope to make the world a better place as a whole.

=The Oath of the Berkano=

I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone.

I will give no deadly medicine to anyone if asked, nor suggest any such counsel, save administering to a woman pessary, to cause an abortion.

I will preserve the purity of my life and my arts.

In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing and all seduction and especially from the pleasures of love with women or men, be they free or slaves.

All that may come to my knowledge in the exercise of my profession or in daily commerce with others, which ought not to be spread abroad, I will keep secret and will never reveal.

I will be the judge of all who come under my needle, and will never heal those that I deem evil or malevolent in nature.

I will not meddle unduly in the affairs of others.

I will not harm another member of the Berkano, nor will I influence others to do as such.

I am allowed and indeed encouraged to go against each and every tenant of my oath, so long as I have good reason for doing so. 

Reasons for the 9th tenet: Rules are binding things, and there is always an exception. The Berkano are not necessarily a tight-knit order, and what’s right and wrong is usually left up to the healer in specific. Despite this, a Berkano healer has to agree with the tenants in concept, at the very least. As Matron Nienna put it: “Don't meddle, but if necessary break the rules good and hard.”

=The Ranks=

There are only three ranks in the Order: The Matron, the Teacher, The Healers and the Initiates.

The Matron: The Matron is the organizer of the Berkano. She manages the blacklist, decides where and when the group will meet, and sews the robes needed to become a member. The current Matron is Nienna Calm, the founder of the organization. Put simply, she is one nether of a healer.

The Patron: When a healer becomes prominent enough, The Matron will deem them fit for taking on initiates. They will be charged with finding new members for the Berkano, and teaching proper medicine to those that they find.

The Healer: The healers are, predictably, the largest portion of the order. they are the ones who wear the robes, and they are the ones who represent the Berkano when about in Anthos. The Matron may organize the group, but the healers are not led by anyone- it goes against common nature, and besides, the Matron forbids it. Healers are ranked unofficially and in order of seniority, the most senior and skilled being considered Patrons.

The Initiate: Below healers are initiates. They are the understudies of various healers that decide to show pupils the ropes of their art. Initiates report directly to their patron healer, and only them. They’re barely even considered initiates, really, just “people.”

=Qualities of a Berkano Healer=

A Berkano Healer, when looking for initiates or even members, looks for select qualities in others that make them worth joining.

“A need to help others”: First and foremost, a healer has to want to help the wounded, and those who need assistance. This quality should go without saying, but The Matron, in response, stated that “It’s definitely worth mention. Quacks are everywhere.”

“Oddness”: According to the Matron, good healers have something that sets them apart from society. Something unique to them that allows them to view society from a detached perspective. By being detached from society, one can properly view it as a whole, and, in doing so, judge without bias.

“Self assurance”: A healer cannot panic. On the grand scale of things, healers are only useful when leavings have met the rapidly revolving blades, and as such they must know how to act, at all times. You’re a healer, your job is to save lives. Uncertainty is for other people.

“A Sense of Right and Wrong”: Healers need to know what is good, and, more importantly, what is not. One thing that many healers do not realize about their job is that the people they cure keep living after they’re healed. If they are malevolent people, they might go on to cause more harm than good in the world, all because they healed without thinking.

=The Robes=

All healers wears garb of the Berkano healer. It can be of any color, but it will always have the same shape and white trimming, and must have the symbol of the order on the arm of the healer’s sleeve. The outfit is made to be practical. They come with a hood, face mask, Leather gloves with iron vambraces, Iron-toed stompers and a messenger bag, for holding medical supplies.

Male:

549c742c1768d197ca93abee638bea51.png2091ce816f1fd1339572b6dbf4b0a2ca.png

1si6ZtA.pngKV5PDOj.png0qc3aHG.png

Female:

972762fcf5ef44989e5473efe7eae574.png

b74978bf1fd906b1e25173a3618cb51c.png

BfRdKP9.pngoCh8n0L.png2DYnrkg.png

((Skins by Arzota & Hex37~))

=The Blacklist=

A Healer of Berkano is their own judge of right and wrong. This doesn’t, however, mean that they don’t have help deciding. If a healer in the guild finds a person not worth their needle, they are to place their names on the guild Blacklist, along with a reason as to why they were denied. THis way, the Berkano can judge the wounded better, and expand our understanding of the world around us. It is strongly recommended to adhere to and to take the blacklist seriously.

=The Berkano Conventon=

Healers stick together, and, for one week a year, (each sunday) they show it. Berkano healers from Anthos-over will gather in the chilly city of Vaerhaven at the annual Berkano Convention. Here, they will drink tea, discuss medical advances, gossip about latest events, expose initiates to the order, and review people being added to the blacklist. Healing is a very high-stress occupation, being around other healers keeps you grounded, and more importantly, relaxed. That’s what the convention is for, letting healers unwind.

=Joining=

((Recruitment is done in RP, and only in RP!))

When a Patron deems their pupil ready, will come before a large group of Berkano Healers during the Convention, and be judged. Healers present may ask any question they wish, and the initiate must answer truthfully. At the end, if the Healers deem that the initiate passes muster, the Matron will have the initiate recite the Berkano Oath, and are to follow this for as long as they are members.

It is also possible to join the order as a healer as well, but they may only become a member if they are sought by the Matron herself beforehand. Like an initiate, however, they will still take the Oath before joining.

After taking the oath, newly accepted healers will be presented with robes. Healers are supposed to wear these robes at all times. They are a mark, a message to the world that you are a part of a group of true, proper healers that are above the rank-and-file of your typical Orenian quack doctor.

=Leaving and Expulsion=

Leaving the Berkano willingly is as simple as handing in your robes. They will be burned. The last thing the order needs is people impersonating them.

As for unwilling disbursal, there three things that could cause a healer to lose their position within the order.

1: A Healer of the order loses their way, or breaks tenants repeatedly and without reason will be discussed at the convention and elsewhere, amongst groups of the healers. Word of this  will invariably reaches the Matron, who will finally deem them unfit for the order. The ex-healer in question will be sought out, and he or she will be asked to return their robes. If they do not, the robes will be stolen from them.

2: A healer of the order doesn’t attend the convention 3 times in the row will be considered to be a “Lost” Healer. They, for all intensive purposes, will not be considered a part of the order, until they present themselves before the Matron, and have their status reviewed.

3: An initiate can be booted from the order at any time by their Patron. That’s just the way of things.

=Members=

The Matron Nienna Calm (Hex37)

Patron Arzota Kameki (Arzota)

Patron Jacque de la Croix (Althallos)

Healer Bear Druid Isabella (TheEpicFiend)

Healer  Naviarion Shayaian (TheRealKiru)

Healer Elphaba (Kizumachan)

Healer Sathoro Shadeleaf (Balluffip)

Initiate Fimble Feathertop (Fierco)

Initiate Celairil (Fuzumz)

((Just an OOC side-note for all of this, there is no application to the Berkano, but instead all initiates must but recruited rply, as that is one of the only ways to judge, well, rp. If you wish to join, seek one of the group out ic.))

*Rosso looks at the post in VaerHaven with his now broken leg*

"Bloody healers going away to place notes around and leaving me with no healing..."

*Doctor Corvo Archdiamond examines one of the posters in Salvus, and frowns upon reading one of the posters.*

"I will not meddle in the affairs of others, I will not administer deadly medicine? That just takes the fun out of it... Oh, healing those who you deem worthy!? That's just plain un doctor like, we heal those in need, end of story, or so I thought..."

*The Matron happily adds her first Initiate to the list. He is a bit of a quack, but Jacque promises he'll work on him.*

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.