[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

Minecraft Name: glitterdeath

Applicant Name: Helinelle  Indor'lle

Race and Age: High Elf 38

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor):

Pupil Librarian.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: 

My father was a travelling book salesman. He made his own books that mostly contained children's tales, but he also wrote some of his own poetry. I love books and I have a strong passion for the written word. My mother taught me how to make books, so I would be able to help make and maintain books for a library. 

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

I love books and I love to travel. Those are my main reasons for interest in this position.  I would be willing to fulfill any and all requests of this job. I would enjoy working inside the library and maintaining the collection. But I would also be extremely happy travelling the land and recording the stories of the people. I may be young for my kind, but what I lack in wisdom I have in enthusiasm.  

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

The clauses are fair and I have no qualm in abiding them.

Minecraft Name: watyll

Applicant Name: Manmohan Ganda.

Race and Age: Human, 61.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): It is my wish to be a Librarian.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I have been a personal collector of knowledge for quite a time now, and know how to properly care for books.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): So that sentient life will not become decadent. Knowledge is power, as the old saying goes. And books are the storage for knowledge. They are the guardians to another realm. A realm of imagination, of empowerment, of simple factual information. Anything can be contained on a blank page, and when something is written it must be protected.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I have followed rules before. These ones should be no challenge.

Congratulations to the admittance of Pupil Taeleh'avern and Pupil Delonna Aeléyèlsa.

Minecraft Name: glitterdeath

Applicant Name: Helinelle  Indor'lle

Race and Age: High Elf 38

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor):

Pupil Librarian.

To the Elf Helinelle Indor'lle,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: watyll

Applicant Name: Manmohan Ganda.

Race and Age: Human, 61.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): It is my wish to be a Librarian.

To the Human Manmohan Ganda,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: Aptrotta

Applicant Name: Bartley Wildpipe

Race and Age: I am 19 years of age and a hobbit.

I would like to be a librarian!

Well, since the loss of my ears I spent a lot of time reading books. Lots of them. Loved the ones in the Druid library and in Malinor. I would now like to spend time protecting books! And read them

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I want to spend more times with books. I love to read them so watching them should be easy. Mah favorite kind or adventure books! Or books on apples. I love apples. Do you have any apple books?

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Well, I was trying to lose some weight, but I guess. So yep, I gutterly understand. Wait, that said utterly understand. Why do you care about a milk? Utterly as in cow utters? No? I guess I understand the common clause

Congratulations to the admittance of Professor Servano.

Minecraft Name: Aptrotta

Applicant Name: Bartley Wildpipe

Race and Age: I am 19 years of age and a hobbit.

I would like to be a librarian!

To the Halfling Bartley Wildpipe,

News on the location of the Academy:

The Academy site has been established, in a clearing to the right of the road connecting the Cloud Temple to the Great Nation Crossing. Lucius Murmillo, Jarl of Kal'Halla, has offered very kindly to assist us in construction without requiring any form of payment and not having us enter into an entangling alliance.

3k42fdj.png

*Bartley reads the note quickly and begins to jump with joy. He add a letter back that says "T'ank ya' sir! I won't let ya' down. And I know Lucius! He mah friend"*

Minecraft Name:

TheNinox

Applicant Name:

Rogen Thickfeet III

Race and Age

: I am but a wee Halfling. I am 45 years old. I think.

I am applying for a position as a Librarian.

I am a writer, a storyteller and a historian of sorts. I have chronicled many denizens of Anthos in my time here. I am well traveled and have a strong desire to continue doing so.

It has been tradition in my family for someone to chronicle the stories of various peoples and places. My great grand dad recorded many stories of Aegis and my grand mother searched far and wide to record the every man's story of Asulon. I believe there are so many untold stories in this world and I feel a great need to find and give them voice. I know my desires for ink to paper would be put to great use under the tutelage of the Ministry. If my services have a place within the Ministry, I would be honored to contribute.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Absolutely. I am understanding of the neutrality required for those that seek knowledge and am fully able to follow the Clauses.

Minecraft Name: BubblesandEpic

Applicant Name: Jak, Cap'n Jak

Race and Age: Unknown, it appears to have completely matured

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Inventor, Librarian, Somethin' that'd test animals, Engineer

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: Cut up spiders for chitin, work in a library, and I take part in the dwarven engineering guild

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): More guilds the merrier! I've seen folks speaking about this group for some time, and It'd be grand to have access to animal and mechanical research under one roof. In addition, I'd quite like to be of any assistance to really anyone I can, and in my spare time I could teach my children with the available books and such. To end this, I quite like to explore, and finding various types of animals and ruins, to write and study, would be quite intriguing, I don't fancy staying still for long.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yup.

Minecraft Name:

Vice7

Applicant Name:

Messala

Race and Age:

Wood Elf-  125

Inventor

I have gained a firm knowledge on the basics of engineering and its myriad of sub-fields. All manner of simple machines, redstone and small bits of functional architecture I have studied. Alas, I have studied them often and many times over, but my resources are heavily limited. The books i have accumulated have been most agricultural based and these often are overly simplified. I would enjoy the opportunity to expand this puddle of information to the ocean available elsewhere, as with knowledge comes power.

Along with a lifetime curiosity of the nature of mechanisms, I have enjoyed a near addiction to learning their secrets. Unfortunately these machines have been little more than windmills or farming equipment. This brought bring my learning to a screeching halt, I can foresee a much broader field of study inside the Ministry to put it simply. That fact has driven my being from my home with the elves, who have supported me little in this venture, to seek a place among the ranks of such a group. If all goes well, my seeking will become being.

I have read and fully understand the clauses.

Positions in the Ministry have been shuffled: Alumni have been removed as a position, and there now exists two tiers of scholarly positions per department. The application has been edited as such, and you may only apply for either Pupil or the first tier scholarly position.

Minecraft Name:

TheNinox

Applicant Name:

Rogen Thickfeet III

Race and Age

: I am but a wee Halfling. I am 45 years old. I think.

I am applying for a position as a Librarian.

To the Halfling Rogen Thickfeet III,

Minecraft Name: BubblesandEpic

Applicant Name: Jak, Cap'n Jak

Race and Age: Unknown, it appears to have completely matured

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): Inventor, Librarian, Somethin' that'd test animals, Engineer

To Jak who has not given us his race,

Minecraft Name:

Vice7

Applicant Name:

Messala

Race and Age:

Wood Elf-  125

Inventor

To the Elf Messala,

Minecraft Name: ((Sentlit))

*Cyrus attaches a clean piece of parchment near the poster, so that it may be found by whoever had put them up. Upon the parchment, are thin, gaudy, golden letters that fill the application. It is fastened to the board by a simple iron nail that protrudes from the board quite a bit.*

Applicant Name: Cyrus

Race and Age: I am a Mali who has completed about 90 years of life.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Analyst, Rhetor):

I seek to become a Theurgist within this ministry.

I am adept in the Arcane art of Illusion, and have experienced many other forms of Arcane magic. I have a good grip upon the theories of the Arcane, as well as more practical information.

I have already had great interest in Arcane studies, and what  better way is there to learn than to enter a mutual relationship in a fellowship of knowledge? I must say, that my skill in the Arcane would benefit lesser-knowing members, and that more knowledgeable members would aid me in such pursuits. This mutual relationship would put together a variety of information and ideas together, and it may be possible to reach an amazing breakthrough in the study of magic. I want to be a part of an institution as such that is formed at this moment.

I do understand these clauses, and will fulfill them unto the best of my ability, lest I be expelled from this community.

An individual who currently wishes to remain nameless has begun to correspond with me on architectural plans for the Academy. Construction shall begin once our plans are completed and the Jarl of Kal'Halla brings the resources he wishes to gift us.

((I'm going to be a bit busy in the coming weeks, AP tests and other things, so PM me if you need me. Activity for the Ministry will exponentially grow once we hit summer.))

Minecraft Name: Uniquename111

Applicant Name: Sil Iyat

Race and Age: Mali'ame, 150

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Librarian

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: Not only am I a writer, I own and operate the Vaerhaven Newspaper, so I can help the citizens of the Hold of Vaerhaven be kept current ((You can find the Newspaper under Dwarven Roleplay -> Holds and Settlements)). I've many a time scribed for various parties, including a friend (by copying over his biology journal) and for the Remembrancers (by copying their records).

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I believe that education and scholarism are important and a must for everyone. I took it upon myself to educate and inform the people of Vaerhaven by running the Vaerhaven Newspaper. I believe that in this position, I could continue to educate others and keep important pieces of history open to everyone. I as well believe being a scholar is much more honorable than a soldier and I try to inform the public and help keep them current in anyway I can. My whole livelihood is dependent on being a scholar, It's the way I want it to be.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I clearly understand and I can be expected to adhere to them.