A totem should represent the character, though not all do and sometimes poor totems are chosen. I don't know your character, but keep in mind that you should try to find something in nature that represents him. For example, my first druid was a very old man, nearing death. I appropriately chose the totem of Wilting to signify his age.

As for your question, dragon is the totem of a demi-aspect named Apollan, and as such, it is heavily frowned upon to reuse the totem out of respect for such an important figure. Look on the first page of this topic for all members and their totems. Any of those totems that you see shouldn't beused again until that druid is deemed lost.

​As to Legocrazy, our Arch Druids are currently from three different timezones to attempt to encompass the greatest amount of players possible. I assume you are from the West Coast, and as such, I'd recommend that you try catching Leyun (Tristanm1) online. If you can't catch her, Elorna (Birdwhisperer) and Dalari (Friskyelectric) happen to be quite active. If all else fails, try to check if any hierophants are online and if they are, they should be more than willing to provide you with a lesson!

I'm on East Coast. It's 5:30 PM for me right now

A totem should represent the character, though not all do and sometimes poor totems are chosen. I don't know your character, but keep in mind that you should try to find something in nature that represents him. For example, my first druid was a very old man, nearing death. I appropriately chose the totem of Wilting to signify his age.

As for your question, dragon is the totem of a demi-aspect named Apollan, and as such, it is heavily frowned upon to reuse the totem out of respect for such an important figure. Look on the first page of this topic for all members and their totems. Any of those totems that you see shouldn't beused again until that druid is deemed lost.

Trust me I've reasoned all of them. Currently Ironwood, for his enduring will to defend nature. The ironwood is a stupidly strong tree which quite frankly I wish i could make weapons from. Cause Jercio is also more willing than most druids/dedicants to defend with violence, but still has the needed restraint. He'll just be the first to pull his falchion or tomahawks out.

Falcon/hawk would be for his acrobatic characteristics of soaring in the canopy and his swift strikes against those who have done wrong. Like a peregrine divebombs a mouse.

Dragon is his overall want to become that unstoppable defender of nature. He wants to spend his centuries keeping balance protecting the wilds, and so on. He will use the power given to him to defend the treasured land like a dragon protects its treasures. (but yeah if I cant oh well.)

I would go wolf, because I wrote the character hoping that, but ya know of course there was one already. I was very new to the server. this was my first guy, so i knew nothing. Oh well i like where he's gone though.

The Guild Thread is again updated.

- Dedicant Artimec (LeoWarrior14) has been removed from Dedicancy due to his use of Void magic and straying from the Aspects.

- Dedicant Syndra (IamLeets) has been removed from Dedicancy.
- Dedicant Veren (legocrazy7) has completed his Grand Task and is soon to be Attuned.
- Dedicant Sharr has been accepted as a Dedicant.
- A new grove is currently being grown near Haelun'or and Lin'ame.

Thread Updated

Squirrel Druid Veren (legocrazy7) attuned, added to Active Druids list.

Removed Dedicant Veren (legocrazy7) from Dedicants list.

Re-added Dedicant Virella (Draoen) to Dedicants list.

Character Name: -- Maehr'Celia

Minecraft Username: -- kido122

Timezone: --- EST

Usual Playing Times: -- Varies

Character Name: Cillion Chase

Minecraft Username: marb121

Timezone: CET (GMT +1)

Usual Playing Times: Pretty much during the CET evenings during the weekdays, quite often during the weekends.

So I have a question I need to bring up here. Today I accidentally sparked an argument on shape shifting today. The three main things I heard from the others were its not a thing, its a secret, and its meta.

I have 2 quotes from our wiki (yes its a wiki but you can see last time it was edited and all that, and who goes around messing with wiki's like this)

"yet the true extent of their powers is unknown" we have no official limit to druidic powers. I referred to highly skilled druids doing it, and my characters intent to serve nature enough to earn such a gift.

Druidism (Nature's Communion, Control of Nature, Blight Healing, Nature's Healing, Shapeshifting) Shapeshifting right there at the end.

I understand the implications of wanting to have a flying shapeshift, and can accept those as a problem, but overall I want to know whether or not this is a possible thing.

Finally I didn't see this as meta having seen a druid do it before. I'm pretty sure it was Ouity ((sorry if this is false)).  it may have been back in Anthos with somone else and I'm getting things jumbled up I admit I did go on a major hiatus for a while. (about 3-4 months))

Besides that my character spent over a century studying the druids, and after starting his dedicancy continued to read and learn all he could. He's read about 1/2 the books in the library by this point.

Considering a druid can walk through a tree to travel around the world I do not see how shapeshifting is such an out there question.

EDIT: I did find an older thread about shapeshifting going over that you cant be a flying of sea animal. I concede this, but  would suggest it gets added to the new guides to prevent misconceptions again. Though Its also reminding me that I'd like to point out "flying" doesn't necessarily mean flight itself. but  dashing through the trees at high speed gives a similar sensation, and the closest an elf could feel.

((It is very likely you saw Ouity shapeshift. It it helps jogs your memory, I've done it in front of two groups, during a fight with Song Druid Arik (who also shifted into a spider) and a band of Orcs who defeated him while already shifted.

With that said, yes, it is still very much a part of Druidic magic, and that isn't likely to change. Bear in mind, however, that it is an incredibly selective process. A Druid will never know how to shapeshift unless chosen through a traditional method. After they go through trials set down by their shapeshifting counterpart, they are helped through the first shift.

Only very trusted members of the guild are usually given the Blessing, in character because it is incredibly secretive (not to mention potentially dangerous), and a very difficult skill. Out of Character, we try to regulate it so that only people we know very well have access so that there's minimal chance for them to misuse or misunderstand it. If one of your OOC ambitions is to learn shapeshifting, then go for it. It's a very fun tool of roleplay, but be mindful it most likely won't be something you pick up immediately, or even remotely soon.

As for knowledge about shapeshifting, if /you/ don't remember it happening, I would err on the safe side and have your character forget as well. You're confused about why it's so sensitive, and that's understandable, but the simple reason is that it's a very unheard of magic style, only a rare few people who are in regular contact with some of the more powerful Druids, and people who on the off chance see one ever know of it.

I hope this helped. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me, or add me on skype [see profile for contact info]))

Character Name: -- Maehr'Celia

Minecraft Username: -- kido122

Timezone: --- EST

Usual Playing Times: -- Varies

Taken care of in-game!

Thanks Ouity, and people wonder why i say you're my favorite :P.

Personally I do really hope to get my character to get that honor. I've tried to write his character to have a closer connection to animals than to plants when it comes to his basic natural ways. He finds great pride in being part of a family who reveres wolves so much they use Chirr (wolf) as their last name. He finds the animals of the world give great lessons and he's used those things he learned from observing them in his own life. Even the very way he sits perched on a branch reflects the peregrine falcon, observing always ready to take flight.

UPDATES!

Salamander Druid Sorensil (DiscoLiquid) added to the Druid list.

Dedicant Sorensil (DiscoLiquid) removed from Dedicant list.
Frost Druid Dain (candydeath13) has been deemed Lost.
Bear Druid Isabella (TheEpicFiend) has been deemed Lost.
Snow Druid Beth (Bethgod7) has been deemed Lost.
Death Druid Ruaonna (xXVenomcastXx) has been deemed Lost.
Star Druid Clara (11lucy123) has been deemed Lost.
Dedicant Maehr'Cilia (kido122) has been added to the Dedicant list.

The following Dedicants have been removed from the Dedicant list, but may return if they vow into activity:

Dedicant Amras (akatsukinaruto69)
Dedicant Ogra (mrmongolion)
Dedicant Erudir (Redpen900)
Dedicant Katari (UsopptheSniper)
Dedicant Gauron (14jo14)
Dedicant Eilistrae (Desires)

((You butchered the mess out of my name > . <  Its daanyolx3 if you could fix it for my own sanity- its under dedicants))

Updates again!

Added two new Ages to the Fringe History!

The Third Age of Renovation

The Arkon Grove had saw many marvelous additions since its initial growth. Over the expansion of time, the Druid Event Hollow, or the Druid Thicket, was created as a place for congregation and mirth. Apple Druid Leyun built and tended to the Library and storage rooms while Dove Druid Elorna grew a simple Druid housing in a tree and set-up Dedicant housing in a cave. Pine Druid Gi'Garun later put together a college and the majority of the Archdruid offices.

The Third Age of Activism

The Order began plans to reinstate Druidic activity. Endeavors were first made to relocate the grove near-to the Elves, but the Druids were forced away with the false accusations, insults, and hypocrisy of Haelun'or. They were welcomed warmly, however, to remain in the Arkon Grove near the Dwarves. During this same time, Archdruid Callax met with a Bishop of the True Faith of Oren to discuss the religious views and indifference between the Church and the Druidic Order, clearing up many false assumptions. Despite seclusion from the Mali, Druidic activity did begin to accumulate with the attunements of Squirrel Druid Veren, Salamander Druid Sorensil, and the accepting of new Dedicants.

Mist Druid Earendur (ZBLBAC5) moved to Druid Guide list.
Star Druid Clara (11lucy123) is no longer deemed Lost.
Blood Druid Briza (Pinsir99) is now deemed Lost.

Dedicant Katal's MCname fixed: daanyolx3

*birds bring letters to every druid and dedicant of the Order*

"The Grove is corrupted after the recent attack. All druid are needed to aid in the restoration of our home!"