A Way To Keep Villians Out

Iosif

I am constantly hearing complaints (I'm looking at you Oren and Malinor) that thr guards do jackshit. People are killed in broad daylight in the middle of the street. Although I see these claims as legitimate and I respect that the guards do alot I think more needs to be done.

First let's look at history. The Chinese had a similar problem. Raiders would come down from the north and loot the fertile farm lands of the coast. The Emporers made the most famous wall ever just to keep them out. If bad people are getting into your city then don't let them.

Secoundly I think some amendments must be made to the rules. We need to extend the 30 minute ss rule to atleast an irl week. The player may use other characters in this time but unless they are freed by thier jailer or in an actual prison break then it would be treated as pg for them to ss out. Guards should also begin posting wanted notices. Next time a murderer you just killed trys to enter the city, kill him at the gate.

I know some of this is already being put into practice, but my secound idea is what I really wanted to get across.

(All subject to change and DO NOT hesitate to disagree eith me as this was written at midnight.)

I agree. I don't want to hear this "Oh but you have to provide RP for the villain." If the villain forces his RP on others in blatant public by being villainous he can deal with the jailtime. I think a week is too much though. Maybe 4-5 hours or a day.

Also, Mongolian raiders, like everyone else in the real world, stayed dead when killed.

well, to sort it out, just leave a trail of minas to a pit-fall operated by stickly blocks and redstone, that falls directly into lava.. That'll kill off half the villains. :idk:

I agree. I don't want to hear this "Oh but you have to provide RP for the villain." If the villain forces his RP on others in blatant public by being villainous he can deal with the jailtime. I think a week is too much though. Maybe 4-5 hours or a day.

Also, Mongolian raiders, like everyone else in the real world, stayed dead when killed.

This. Villains should at least TRY to murder discreetly.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime! Seriously though, if Villain can be given a real punishment, it'll deter all those folks who do Villainous things for the fun of it, meaning a lower crime rate.

If a villain is providing RP that is both agitating to the general public and is persistent in not providing adequate roleplay, then take screenshots of said roleplay and send it to myself. If this grows to be too large of an issue, it would be bad and I would rather see it that we deal with this without the process of needing to punish all villains, rather than the sum that do provide good roleplay.

I would also like to see screenshots of said guard messaging said villains trying to work things out, without sarcasm or a condescending tone. Let's look at both sides and work it out among players/VAT before the need for a rule is made. Especially one that could harm the villains that do good RP as well. 

I would say about 2-3 IRL days jail time would be a good number imo.

IRL days in general is not a good system because the guards, nor the villains would like to sit within the jail for that amount of time. The system of allowing villains out within a certain amount of time is due to the lack of RP guards give in the first place when they are imprisoned. If you supply RP for the entirety of their experience, enjoyable, they would be power-gaming by soulstoning. Make it fun for each.

Gosh Bless it, give me ET Builder perms temporarily to whip you all a Arkham Asylum set-up for villains, throw them in there where they will be able to find RP any ol' ways.

So, if I kill your character in Lenniel, I don't want to see him back there. Is that a fair deal? I mean, if you're going to say that about villains, villains can say it in return.

However, I disagree with the one week thing entirely. That's just absurd and barely fun RP for the villains as well. 

Gosh Bless it, give me ET Builder perms temporarily to whip you all a Arkham Asylum set-up for villains, throw them in there where they will be able to find RP any ol' ways.

Something I've been saying for awhile, lol. All you need is a big prison, with lotsa guards and you could have a nice RP experience for both sides. 

You dont even need that many guards, instead of having the ET go in vanish, spy about coincidentally for their Antag faction, goofing off. If they aren't on active duty doing an event at the PRESENT moment, they best damn be guards for this Arkham Asylum. Yo Slic3, pull some strings and tell the staff that a lad wants to whip out the big stick and do some doodling.

On the mention of a huge Arkham Asylum, I believe Blundermore came up with an excellent proposal for a large, nation-wide prison on a small island. He also came up with some good lore behind it too.

Perhaps we might return to that and develop it into something on the server?

I am constantly hearing complaints (I'm looking at you Oren and Malinor) that thr guards do jackshit. People are killed in broad daylight in the middle of the street. Although I see these claims as legitimate and I respect that the guards do alot I think more needs to be done.

First let's look at history. The Chinese had a similar problem. Raiders would come down from the north and loot the fertile farm lands of the coast. The Emporers made the most famous wall ever just to keep them out. If bad people are getting into your city then don't let them.

Secoundly I think some amendments must be made to the rules. We need to extend the 30 minute ss rule to atleast an irl week. The player may use other characters in this time but unless they are freed by thier jailer or in an actual prison break then it would be treated as pg for them to ss out. Guards should also begin posting wanted notices. Next time a murderer you just killed trys to enter the city, kill him at the gate.

I know some of this is already being put into practice, but my secound idea is what I really wanted to get across.

(All subject to change and DO NOT hesitate to disagree eith me as this was written at midnight.)

People getting killed in broad daylight? It means guards aren't doing ****, obviously. You think a good guard would let that happen? Try putting up a guard NPC, even he won't stand such bullshit.

------------

Try to sit in jail for a whole week and see how much fun that is.

------------

Guards didn't post wanted notes before? Well, I guess that means that GUARDS AREN'T DOING ****.

On the mention of a huge Arkham Asylum, I believe Blundermore came up with an excellent proposal for a large, nation-wide prison on a small island. He also came up with some good lore behind it too.

Perhaps we might return to that and develop it into something on the server?

Huge prison on a small island. Am I the only one who finds this weird, if not stupid? How would a huge prison fit in a small island? I'm not buying the "underground installations" bullshit, because we're talking about a SMALL ISLAND, it would be too much of a hassle to build underground in the ocean.

But the idea of a prison does sound neat.

------------------------------------

Basically, it took you what, two years to figure out that villains do evil things when guards don't do ****?

Genius.