A Way To Keep Villians Out

Iosif

Just don't kill so much.

I am currently on my phone. But yes. The huge prison on island thing was proposed last year i believe. And as i said back then: im more than willing to help

People getting killed in broad daylight? It means guards aren't doing ****, obviously. You think a good guard would let that happen? Try putting up a guard NPC, even he won't stand such bullshit.

------------

Try to sit in jail for a whole week and see how much fun that is.

------------

Guards didn't post wanted notes before? Well, I guess that means that GUARDS AREN'T DOING ****.

Huge prison on a small island. Am I the only one who finds this weird, if not stupid? How would a huge prison fit in a small island? I'm not buying the "underground installations" bullshit, because we're talking about a SMALL ISLAND, it would be too much of a hassle to build underground in the ocean.

But the idea of a prison does sound neat.

------------------------------------

Basically, it took you what, two years to figure out that villains do evil things when guards don't do ****?

Genius.  

Cool your jets friend, you may just make it into space.

Actually, I've noticed Guards have been doing things in Malinor, however it seems the Villains just come back no matter what happens. I don't think it's right to just question the Guards in this argument, maybe it's wise to point fingers at both sides.

Cool your jets friend, you may just make it into space.

Actually, I've noticed Guards have been doing things in Malinor, however it seems the Villains just come back no matter what happens. I don't think it's right to just question the Guards in this argument, maybe it's wise to point fingers at both sides.

You seem to misinterpret text for anger.

It happens all the time and never cease to amaze.

Wanna know why villains come back? Because there's nowhere to go even at peak times. Even capital cities are empty with 180 people on. If you're going to keep them out of your town, give them somewhere to go. Something to do

The prison island is okay as long as inmates have something to do. As long as it doesn't turn into the crypt plugin I'm solid

30 minutes rule he is talking about... is the rule that you can't return to the place you died for 30 mins... not the jail time thing... (At least that is what I think)

No, he said 30 min ss rule, Jistuma. If it were not return to that place for that time, hell, why not?

It would encourage villains to lay low and keep off villain RP for a bit, if it were for don't return until then sort of thing... I would very much enjoy that.

I support the 30 minute no-RP rule. Because I provided you all with RP. Locking me in a 2x1 box and logging out isn't fun and is more of an OOC punishment than RP, and I deserve RP in return. I should have every right to leave if I don't get any RP. Give me something to do or I'm out.

If you remove the 30-minute no RP rule, then Slaves should stay locked in their cells while I'm in bed asleep.

Oh he did say the 30 mins ss rule. Then I don't agree.

I would agree with the raise of 30 min rule in death with the one killing and the one dying coming to a concensous. This means no "No I want to return in 30 mins no matter what you say". I mean something of the kind of "So we killed you because you were trying to kill others, I think you should not come back for 2 days.", and of course the "We killed you because we're dicks and don't like you IC, so don't return in a week" is entire different. On the other hand that is pretty hard to diferenciate and control...

I think it would be like... for reasons...

Kill for killing, in anger, in the spur of the moment, in self defense, etc, it would be the 30 min rule.

Killing for other reasons, like removing defenses in town, or removing the person from their house for a while so that other things could be done, and killing because the character is a criminal, then it would be more than 30 mins, and depending on what the reason is, up to a week or so. Of course the villains would not really have much reasons to kill for more than a few hours, unless to create problems in the town by targeting high ranked officers, which would be assassinations.

Rp reasons for it? Inate fear of the location after dying in it.

My personal suggestion is to talk to the villain. Not in the condescending "We don't want to RP with you" tone I see a lot, but as another player of a game. Almost every villain I've talked to would agree to not return for a couple days if you actually go and speak with them calmly about it.

People need to stop saying 'Villains need to be punished'. We're in this to have fun, and we're supposed to do it in a way that entertains those around us. If a villain's victim isn't having fun, it's not because he's a villain, but because he's a bad villain. By all means, find a way to discourage the bad villains that keep coming every day, but please, don't do it in a way that also discourages the good ones. A week of not being able to play a character sounds good when you only consider the villains giving you trouble, but what about the fun ones? The villains people enjoy playing with? Why should an hour of mutually fun rp be punished by a week in Jail Time?

Maybe bad villains aren't the problem all the time, but rather bad non-villains. I sorta don't mind 'bad' villains whenever their victims have their kneecaps busted open and they say "Ow, that hurt." and all of their friends show up magically because "We heard something odd half a mile away, so we put on armor and we aren't leaving until we tear down this door." 

I dunno, it just seems that the victims RP or the RP of the defenders is almost always of lower quality and is usually akin to "Sthap plz, sthap plz or i hurt u."

I play a guard and a villain, and I can honestly say it is the fault of both sides.

For guards, heck, we're all getting a tad OOCly annoyed whenever we see a criminal and that affects how we RP. It gives us a very bad tone OOC and makes people want to RP with us less. Expect there to be a little bit of crime. You live in a big city. It'll happen. But getting annoyed OOCly (hey, I'm guilty of it too), does nothing to solve any problems~. Guard gates more. Set up patrols. Get a presence. Force these villains to resort to other methods than going into the city square and slaughtering everyone.

For us villains, well, I can say that there are plenty of awesome villains out there, and there are a few bad ones. However, lately, all but a select few seem to playing the same type of villain (a killer). Here's how I view Villain Applications. The reason we have them is so we can sort out the bad villain RPers and the good. Think of it as a mini event team. It's… a job, I guess. We're there to provide good RP for everyone else, not just ourselves. If your RP seems to be annoying people, take a step back and look at what you're doing, maybe change up your character's style. Make it interesting and fun. 

As for solving this, we don't need OOC limitations, we need common courtesy. Head to another city if killed. Or just switch characters so you aren't tempted to return in a half hour. When killed/arrested/jailed/whatever-ed, do the kind thing and don't bug anyone with the same deal a half hour later- goshdarnit, even an hour later. I'm looking at both guards and villains.

:eyeonyou:

Huge prison on a small island. Am I the only one who finds this weird, if not stupid? How would a huge prison fit in a small island? I'm not buying the "underground installations" bullshit, because we're talking about a SMALL ISLAND, it would be too much of a hassle to build underground in the ocean.

But the idea of a prison does sound neat.

Alcatraz. Alcatraz was a big prison on a relatively small island. It got its size because it was the only thing there.

Just put a gold soulstone pillar by the Malinor jail cell and throw criminals in there. Do the same in every other city. Then, criminals who don't provide enjoyable RP or are refusing to be discreet can sit in there and not soulstone out (which is against the rules, might I add). No need to keep villains out of RP hubs for ages.

Sitting in jail for any period longer than fifteen minutes is TERRIBLE unless someone else is present. So...ya know, if someone is there to RP with, then that is fine by me. Otherwise, it just becomes an RP blackhole.