A Victim's Take On Villainy - Some Suggestions

Birdwhisperer

Very nice, well explained and an all round good feedback! Please, villains take note, this is how you must tackle situations!

I disagree with the unconsciousness part. If the criminals are bothering to knock you out, there can only be good rp ahead.

I completely love this guide. Great job! I have done/seen many torture/killing RPs from great players and it can be a wonderful experiences. Just keep in mind that it's not just a hack and slash. Have fun with it, let your character toy with your victim's mind and body. You can do so many things than just stabbing them and taking thier stuff. ^_^

1. Killing kills roleplay.

Yes! It stops the player from developing his/her character. Back when I played an elf in Asulon, each time he got in trouble and he was the one who obviously would have no chance to fight the opposing, he was left dead and I wasn't able to develop my character. The roleplay may be nice at least when the villain was a roleplayer who was much better and had more experience than I had, and I could learn from the roleplay and enjoy it, but I could not develop my character because he died.

Really, this is great.

I disagree with the unconsciousness part. If the criminals are bothering to knock you out, there can only be good rp ahead.

It's more a pet peeve, really, and something that came up from a few IG experiences. Usually if they knock you out they have more sinister plans for later, but if you're just kept in a constant state of unconsciousness it gets old.

Just to say something:

If you are left without RP for more than half an hour (If this is the wrong period of time then please correct me), then you are allowed to soulstone out. This has happened numerous times, and unless there is a golden pillar or someone blocking your soulstoning, then you shouldn't complain about being left without RP as you could have soulstoned out. Just my little thing I wanted to add on.

Just to say something:

If you are left without RP for more than half an hour (If this is the wrong period of time then please correct me), then you are allowed to soulstone out. This has happened numerous times, and unless there is a golden pillar or someone blocking your soulstoning, then you shouldn't complain about being left without RP as you could have soulstoned out. Just my little thing I wanted to add on.

That's commonly practiced, but it's actually not in the rules. But either way, I like to try cooperating with people and providing good RP regardless. These are just suggestions to prevent people from even wanting to SS away.

Really glad someone went ahead and did this. Many villains seem to lose sight of what being a villain is for: to provide roleplay, not items. This guide needed to be made.

I do agree with Watyll, though, in my experiences of unconsciousness I've had some pretty fantastic roleplay occur afterwards, from a goblin replacing my eye with a red stone one (giving my rat PTSD in the process) and starting a Mage duel. I understand this isn't the case for everybody, but for me... It's been consistent.

I've had some pretty messed up torture with some Orcs..... They tied a cactus to my..... "Tree" shall we say? It was awful...

Why being villain dosent need an application kinda sucks that people force you to waste hours in situation which will end up you dying no matter what and if you try to avoid the situation they start to spam modreq and you are forced to roleplay the scene which will end up you dead no matter what.

From villain rules.  A villain’s duty is to provide fun roleplay for other people through conflict. 

Yeah I sure had fun spending 2 hours in situation which my character wont even remember, oh boy oh boy.

(Is this necro?)

BR for not having necro MA.

Also maybe you should try playing along and stop trying to railroad RP to go only in the way you want it. Honestly, villain RP can only work with both sides play along and don't try to force a certain outcome. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy the experience more than 'winning'. So if it's hours of interesting RP, even if it results in my death, that's still super great RP in my book.

(yes it is necro)

On 15/01/2016 at 11:40 PM, Wuuduu said:

Why being villain dosent need an application kinda sucks that people force you to waste hours in situation which will end up you dying no matter what and if you try to avoid the situation they start to spam modreq and you are forced to roleplay the scene which will end up you dead no matter what.

From villain rules.  A villain’s duty is to provide fun roleplay for other people through conflict. 

Yeah I sure had fun spending 2 hours in situation which my character wont even remember, oh boy oh boy.

(Is this necro?)

In my experience with villains who try to imprison or kidnap you, most are happy to just kill you on the spot if you are not happy being taken captive or do not enjoy slave rp. Sure you still loose your stuff but it means you can get back to rping with others much more quickly.

Also what did you mean by 'avoid the situation'?