The Frozen Nights, Cultists Of Setherien

Gwonam_Blaze

The Frozen Night

“Their home is in the darkness, with the aid of the Dark ones they cool it. Their deeds of evil, inescapable to those who do not know of them. They roam the lands as the snow falls in the Night, serving under the Northern lord. They aim to stop, to freeze their foes and those of their masters, for what they seek is power, death, knowledge, joy in disturbing deeds and end to those that are not like them. Greed, empowerment, lust, aid, knowledge, and even safety, many more are the reasons one takes by staying with them.  The mortals under the will of Setherien and the Harbingers, they are the Frozen Night. Of what they have become since I left them, since I betrayed them... So much must have.”

- The Judge, former member of the Frozen Night

((All information in the spoiler is OOC. You can only know of this information if you have specifically been told of it IC))

Rules of the Frozen Night

- Do not go against the orders of your superiors, of the Harbingers or of Lord Setherien himself.

- Do not mortally attack another member of the Frozen Night or Black Scourge.

- Do not disrespect the Harbingers.

- Do not speak ill of Lord Setherien.

- Do not release any information about the Black Scourge or Frost Night.

- Do not destroy any books or items with knowledge in them.

- Do not leave the Frozen Night.

- Do not invite new member without the approval of Immortals or of higher rank.

Those that do not respect these rules shall be punished with harm, torture or death.

((OOC rules))

These rules are to be followed at all times. If you are found to be carelessly breaking them, you will be dealt with personally by a cult leader and may even be punished with removal, depending on the severity of your offenses.

- Do not leak any information from the Skype chat or other forms of communication to anyone and do not provide any information shared in the chat to IC sources if you are unaware of it IC, especially planned events and 'secrets'; Breaking this rule will result in immediate and heavy punishment, with assured removal from the cult and the high possibility of a player report.

- Do not add random people to the Skype chat.

- If you are going to link/share possibly offensive material on the Skype chat, please give a content warning beforehand, for the sake of sensitive/younger members.

- Do not be a general nuisance (An ass). You will be warned and asked to stop first if you are beginning to upset others.

- Do not directly attack other members of the community or cult. You are free to disagree and argue, but keep it civil.

- Do not raid without permission from the higher ups, you might be crippling plans of the guild because of raid rules.

((OOC notices/conduct))

The following is basically a reminder on how to act while within the cult. Not following cult conduct can result in punishment, depending on the offense.

- Be respectful to other players when roleplaying. This means do not try ‘force’ permakill/permanent damage, ask them if they are comfortable with torture RP before commencing (if they are not, cease immediately and ‘skip’ the details), do not threaten reports as soon as things aren’t going your way (try to deal with the situation calmly out of character) and most importantly try to make your roleplay entertaining for everybody (Including yourself!).

- Once you have proven yourself trustworthy and reliable, you will be added to the Frozen Night Skype chat. As an active member of the Frozen Night, you are expected to check this chat frequently; We will not accept 'I didn't check the chat!' or 'Nobody told me to check Skype!' as an excuse for inactivity as it is your responsibility to check for yourself.

- Remember that joining this cult does not make you a Harbinger, raid rules and villain rules apply to every member.

- The current OOC ‘leaders’ of the cult are Gwonam_Blaze, Jistuma and Shi/Loche. If you have any questions , problems or suggestions regarding the cult, feel free to contact any of them.

- Have fun! The cult is here to give you an experience to remember!

The ranks of the Frozen Night

The Ranks of the Frozen Night dictate who they are under command of, and what they have access to in the Guild. Many of them are dictated as well by their Direction. The document leading to the armory can be found just below, but it is incomplete and still in development, so excuse the lack of content.

Armory document

Rank 0 - Vularh: Those yet unknown, new members of the Frost Night. They have yet to even be trusted with the simpler of tasks. Their worth and devotion must be shown.

Those of this rank receive nothing by simple tasks, to show their leaders that their trust is true. For those that accept Setherien’s blessing, they will not have this rank.

Easily discarded, be it by death or simply by ignoring, they have no knowledge of the workings of the guild, nor of their tasks and locations.

Equipment:

Basic iron blades and weaponry, mostly salvaged from previous battles.

Leather / chain armor.

Access to:

Location of meeting with higher ups.

Rank 1 - Follower: Finally accepted to the guild as a full member, they have yet still to prove their worth, and their full loyalty. Their job is to aid the Hunters in their tasks, learning more of the forces of the North and their power.

They are lead into battle and fights when numbers are unnecessary, unloyalty at this state will lead to their deaths.  They do not obey the Hunters, only learn with them.

Those that have surrender their will to Setherien’s blessing start at this rank, to prove their worth.

They must do all that is given to them, even if that is not what they wish to follow. They can’t yet choose tasks for themselves, yet work outside them will not be overlooked.

Equipment:

Basic iron blades and weaponry, mostly salvaged from previous battles.

Chain armor reinforced with some plate.

Access to:

Location of normal base.

Teachings of Setherien.

Rank 2 - Hunter: The main force of the Frozen Night, loyal to the higher ups and their skill proven. They may start to concentrate on what they wish to follow. Choosing what Defiler they want to be under, they must obey their every command, but may choose to take designated tasks.

They gain permission to knowledge so that they may improve on it, and they gain permission to more locations and facilities so that they may train their skills. They do not lead anyone nor can they command any other member of the Frozen Night, yet they may act like mentors to the Followers if they so wish.

Equipment:

Rank 2 gear from armory.

Simple tools for their chosen Direction.

Access to:

Location of normal base.

Teachings of Setherien.

Entrance to some facilities of their direction.

Task list.

Rank 3 - Defiler: Those that show their full loyalty, and that have shown that they are capable of leading. Each Defiler is given a squad of Hunters and Followers to lead. Their Direction is fully chosen by now, and they will do it with the aid of those they command.

They now have full access to all facilities of the base, and are shown some of the secrets of the Frozen Night. They give tasks to the followers and hunters, and may propose new ones with permission of the Immortals.

Equipment:

Rank 3 gear from armory

Tools of high quality for their designated Direction.

Access to:

Location of normal base and secret one.

Teachings of Setherien.

Full Access to facilities.

Task list and permission to propose tasks.

Task assignment.

Rank - 4 Immortal: The Immortals may be seen as the leaders of the Frozen Night. They are in direct command of the Defilers and what they have done for the Frozen Night has made them stand out from all others. They may or may not act as a Defiler, having a squad to lead, yet all Defilers, Hunters and Followers must follow their instructions.

They gain a facility of their own to manage in base of their Direction. They are in charge of it and may do what they like with it. It may not be uncommon for Immortals to take Defilers or Hunters under it’s wing, to teach them of greatness. It is to also be noted, that Immortals might have never been Defilers before, because leading might not be their skill, but their skill might be too great to  be ignored.

Equipment:

All armory equipment up to rank 4

Personal Setherien Servant squads

Access to:

Location of normal base and secret one.

Teachings of Setherien.

Decisions on the Guild.

Secrets and plans.

Full Access to facilities.

Task list and permission to add and remove tasks.

Task assignment.

Their own facility.

Permission to Recruit.

Rank 5 - Enlightened: The Enlightened is trusted by the Harbingers themselves. It is the leader of the Frost Nights, and has full control over everything in the Guild. They are in direct contact with the Harbingers to know the will of Setherien.

Current Enlightened: Vithquar (Gwonam_Blaze)

Overseeing Harbingers: Harbinger Orakana (Knyghtfalcon), Harbinger Marak (Jistuma), Harbinger Shae’Tan (Arzota)

Directions of the Frozen Night

The Directions are the paths that a member might follow. Sort of like a job, each member may have a specialty on what they do.

Warrior

The Direction of a warrior is that of combat. Fighting, killing, capturing and torturing. They would train their weapon skill and their endurance at best they could, to be fit in fighting.

Worker

A high ranking that followed this Direction will have so much given to him.  They are the ones to do manual labour, but are given ways to improve them with goods of the Scourge. The Blacksmith is probably that which would be greater, given materials in quantity of the rarest of kinds. Thanhic ore being one of them, and with access to use Bloodshards. Cooks get interesting ingredients, Farmers interesting plants.

Engineer

Engineers are the builders of the Frost Night. They would be in charge of creating shrines and buildings, as well as create the bigger machines of war. The materials they would use would of course be quite different than those of normality.

Researcher

Perhaps the best Direction one may take in the Frost Night. With access to dark magic, rare ingredients, rare beasts, and others collecting many other things for them, they may strive. They would add to the knowledge already acquired and be able to access it whenever they need.

Spy

Perhaps the hardest of Directions, a spy must keep his identity a secret while doing all it’s tasks. Gathering information, integrating orders, awaiting the best time to backstab. A Dangerous direction, yet very important.

Priest

These ones spread the word of Lord Setherien and his wishes. They are recruiters in a way, diplomats in another. Finding those that would aid with the Scourge, and convince others to join with them.

Titles of the Frozen Night

Titles are given to the members of the Frozen night, when their actions are of great respect. A fighters has killed many but slitting their throats may receive the Title of the Gutter, a builders that created a great temple might receive the Title of Worshiper, a researcher who perfected a dangerous potion might gain the Title of Poison Master. The Title one receives will be accordingly to the great deeds they have performed, and the one who did it. Receiving a Title is something of great Honor in the Frozen Night

Titles already given:

The Kambassor (Burz)

Something (Oogie Boogie Man)

The Goddess (Vithquar)

Setherien’s Blessing

Not mandatory but encouraged, those that receive the blessing of Setherien are looked on in a higher degree. They get promoted right up to Follower without passing through the rank of Vularh.

They are gifted with the knowledge of our master, seeing his wonder and forever becoming his follower. It is the Lord’s gift to his followers.

((A blessing is a corruption of the mind of a character. If it works or not is based on the player’s OOC consent. Those blessed would start seeing Setherien as their own true god, and the Harbingers as their masters. They would not be able to betray the Black Scourge until the corruption would be removed. If the corruption is removed thought, they would lose with it the information they gathered on the Scourge. While blessed, they would still be the same character, only their masters and god would be different. Torture, trickery and the like can still happen to the blessed character.))

How to Join the Frozen Night

Throughout the lands of Anthos there are those dark shrines of Lord Setherien. They speak of the goodwill of him. In them, you find a simple sentence, “If you wish to aid the will of our Dark Lord, head to his land and place your arms down. If you are worthy of joining him, you will be accepted.”

((Seek out a Harbinger or the current Enlightened in character and offer your services. You will most likely be asked to submit an application (as seen below) in this thread asking why you wish to join the Scourge and why we can trust you. We also ask for an IC memory loss of information regarding the Scourge when betraying and caught, or when expelled, this to ensure that the death has meaning and that only has to happen one time.))

Format, Respond IC, unless for the OOC bits inside brackets:

Name ((and MCname)):

((Skype name)):

Age and race:

Motives for joining:

Do you wish to get blessed? ((If yes, you are agreeing to the above OOC statements of blessing.)):

((If you betray the Scourge and are caught, do you agree with a PK’ing clause? You don’t have to answer yes.)):

Copy this as well please:

(If my character intentionally betrays the Scourge and is caught, or is expelled due to IC actions, I agree with a loss of IC information clause. This meaning that my character will forget all information about the Scourge, and that all books and documents that my character had written for himself about them will be destroyed or did not exist.):

Name ((and MCname)):

Valdermar (Demotheus)

Age and race:

60, Half Orc, Half Dark Elf

Motives for joining:

He joins because Vithquar is somewhat (understatement) attractive to him, and he objectifies her. He also likes the idea of Vithquar having power and able to give him some too, but he's doubtful until proven otherwise.

in case of IC need

"I wish to follow my new found Goddess of Pain and Punishment, Vithquar, and do what she wills in hopes that she will be a merciful goddess and reward me for doing so well."

Do you wish to get blessed? ((If yes, you are agreeing to the above OOC statements of blessing.)):

Yes.

((If you betray the Scourge and are caught, do you agree with a PK’ing clause? You don’t have to answer yes.)):

Yes, but it has to have a reason why he'd be PK'd ICly. As in a strong corruption on him destroying his soul or something.

Name ((and MCname)):

Valdermar (Demotheus)

Age and race:

60, Half Orc, Half Dark Elf

Motives for joining:

He joins because Vithquar is somewhat (understatement) attractive to him, and he objectifies her. He also likes the idea of Vithquar having power and able to give him some too, but he's doubtful until proven otherwise.

in case of IC need

"I wish to follow my new found Goddess of Pain and Punishment, Vithquar, and do what she wills in hopes that she will be a merciful goddess and reward me for doing so well."

Yes.

Yes, but it has to have a reason why he'd be PK'd ICly. As in a strong corruption on him destroying his soul or something.

Zogrocka's eyes open, squinting as he gathers a meeting between the Shaman council, demanding for the Half Orc to be collected.

Name ((and MCname)): Ceru'Fiyem (whiteoak123)

Age and race: 53, High Elf

Motives for Joining: Ceru'Fiyem is attracted to power, he also wants revenge on those who follow the other gods, for what he endured in his past. He is impressed with Setherien's power, along with the Harbinger, and has been convinced that it would be in his best interest to follow the god. 

Do you wish to get blessed? ((If yes, you are agreeing to the above OOC statements of blessing.)): Yes

((If you betray the Scourge and are caught, do you agree with a PK’ing clause? You don’t have to answer yes.)): Yes

(I do not play a character that is actively fighting against the scourge. If my character intentionally betrays the Scourge and is caught, or is expelled due to IC actions, I agree with a loss of IC information clause. This meaning that my character will forget all information about the Scourge, and that all books and documents that my character had written for himself about them will be destroyed or did not exist.): 

-Snip-

Accepted!

Zogrocka's eyes open, squinting as he gathers a meeting between the Shaman council, demanding for the Half Orc to be collected.

Not to be rude but how does your Orc discover this when the application process is discrete?

Name ((and MCname)): Ceru'Fiyem (whiteoak123)

Age and race: 53, High Elf

Motives for Joining: Ceru'Fiyem is attracted to power, he also wants revenge on those who follow the other gods, for what he endured in his past. He is impressed with Setherien's power, along with the Harbinger, and has been convinced that it would be in his best interest to follow the god. 

Do you wish to get blessed? ((If yes, you are agreeing to the above OOC statements of blessing.)): Yes

((If you betray the Scourge and are caught, do you agree with a PK’ing clause? You don’t have to answer yes.)): Yes

(I do not play a character that is actively fighting against the scourge. If my character intentionally betrays the Scourge and is caught, or is expelled due to IC actions, I agree with a loss of IC information clause. This meaning that my character will forget all information about the Scourge, and that all books and documents that my character had written for himself about them will be destroyed or did not exist.): 

Speak to me in game first. Nevermind, just been informed you've spoken to one of the leaders. Accepted.

Major edit: We forgot to ask for your Skype names! Please post them or add them to your applications, sorry :P

Name ((and MCname)): Siris ((mc name is: legoboy7984))

((Skype name)): legoboy7984

Age and race: 164, High Elf

Motives for joining:

He joins cause he has no feeling and almost all of his friends died by the Scourage or The Frozen Night, which makes him think it is a sign to become a Frozen Night.

((If you betray the Scourge and are caught, do you agree with a PK’ing clause? You don’t have to answer yes.)): Yes,but I have to have a icly of rp and if I did I would want to talk about how you would kill him and where you would put his body.

[[ This in itself is meta-gaming. You cannot combat the problem with the same problem. If someone wants to try out being evil and supportive of the server's main antagonist, you ought to let them - not bar the possibility out-of-character because a completely unrelated character opposes Setherian in-character. Prior problems is no justification for this 'rule'. ]]

((it is plenty justification. I'm pretty sure having 2 characters of opposing sides is a bad idea anyway.

For example, some of the people in the raid on Abresi last night that were defending were cultists, and had access to Antag0 as a result, meaning the cultist spells and spawns wouldn't effect them. There's good reason for this mechanically, and there's good reason otherwise OOCly. There are plenty of server mandated things that make no sense and have no real explaination ICly in the server that happen all the time.)

((it is plenty justification. I'm pretty sure having 2 characters of opposing sides is a bad idea anyway.

For example, some of the people in the raid on Abresi last night that were defending were cultists, and had access to Antag0 as a result, meaning the cultist spells and spawns wouldn't effect them. There's good reason for this mechanically, and there's good reason otherwise OOCly. There are plenty of server mandated things that make no sense and have no real explaination ICly in the server that happen all the time.)

((It is a /VERY/ valid reason. As you mentioned, all cultists recieve antag T0 to prevent spells and wither skeletons from harming them. Having a character against us means that they can fight us without problem and we will never even be able to TOUCH them. We can't do anything to those with that plugin, therefore if they have an opposing character, they could easily abuse this. There is no way to turn it off without GM support, and we sure know how long Modreqs take. It is generally a bad idea, both for metagaming and combat purposes. Besides, we need our cultists to help us, we can't have them picking both sides and helping whichever one when they feel like it. ))

((It is a /VERY/ valid reason. As you mentioned, all cultists recieve antag T0 to prevent spells and wither skeletons from harming them. Having a character against us means that they can fight us without problem and we will never even be able to TOUCH them. We can't do anything to those with that plugin, therefore if they have an opposing character, they could easily abuse this. There is no way to turn it off without GM support, and we sure know how long Modreqs take. It is generally a bad idea, both for metagaming and combat purposes. Besides, we need our cultists to help us, we can't have them picking both sides and helping whichever one when they feel like it. ))

[[ I don't think you caught my point. I said it's unfair to deny players the ability to join this guild because they have an unrelated alternate character that does not share the same interests as the character that would want to join this cult. What would be the in-character justification for this? It would be pretty awkward just to dismiss them for this OOC-backed reason because of the fear of betrayal - which is not an unrealistic circumstance, given that this organization is directly responsible for several attacks and openly supports a sinister black dragon that seeks to destroy all life on Anthos and coat the land with frost and taint.

Just because there are other server-mandated things that restrict a player's interaction or chooses things for them doesn't mean the mistake must be repeated. You created this cult to provide roleplay (I'm sure) and you're just kicking one of every organization's weakness out of the water by doing this. Do you think the Undead, their cults and Ascended just put up one of these clauses for the members who were willing to join because they were scared of being infiltrated and possibly losing? No, they didn't. In fact, there were several cases of when the Undead were fooled and betrayed by their own kind before their initial mission failed in the end.

If someone manages to sneak into this cult and put on an act to the point where they're given special magical abilities, you ought to commend them out-of-character, not scold them for it. You got rused, it's how the world works. Now you must assume the responsibilities as the servants of Setherian and find the traitor so you may cut his connection to your god, and so your powers actually work on him. That's how the Aengudaemon lore works, anyway. I doubt a corrupted Dragaar would be more capable of removing his power from those out of his reach than any of the world's deities.

Also, don't remove my posts. I don't appreciate my feedback being dismissed and deleted as if it was some kind of libertime rant. ]]

[[ I don't think you caught my point. I said it's unfair to deny players the ability to join this guild because they have an unrelated alternate character that does not share the same interests as the character that would want to join this cult. What would be the in-character justification for this? It would be pretty awkward just to dismiss them for this OOC-backed reason because of the fear of betrayal - which is not an unrealistic circumstance, given that this organization is directly responsible for several attacks and openly supports a sinister black dragon that seeks to destroy all life on Anthos and coat the land with frost and taint.

Just because there are other server-mandated things that restrict a player's interaction or chooses things for them doesn't mean the mistake must be repeated. You created this cult to provide roleplay (I'm sure) and you're just kicking one of every organization's weakness out of the water by doing this. Do you think the Undead, their cults and Ascended just put up one of these clauses for the members who were willing to join because they were scared of being infiltrated and possibly losing? No, they didn't. In fact, there were several cases of when the Undead were fooled and betrayed by their own kind before their initial mission failed in the end.

If someone manages to sneak into this cult and put on an act to the point where they're given special magical abilities, you ought to commend them out-of-character, not scold them for it. You got rused, it's how the world works. Now you must assume the responsibilities as the servants of Setherian and find the traitor so you may cut his connection to your god, and so your powers actually work on him. That's how the Aengudaemon lore works, anyway. I doubt a corrupted Dragaar would be more capable of removing his power from those out of his reach than any of the world's deities.

Also, don't remove my posts. I don't appreciate my feedback being dismissed and deleted as if it was some kind of libertime rant. ]]

((That's not the OOC agreement, the agreement is that you can't have another character that fights actively against them. Meaning the player can't have two characters, one fighting against the other, simply because that can't really happen. Then comes the problem on what side to choose for events of large scale, and one side might get slighlty pissed you chose the other, and then of course there is the problem of the t0 plugin, which, if you don't know, stop skeletons from attacking your MC figure, and spells don't affect you. Then of course you will get access to chests and doors, that your other character would not have access to. The Metagaming thing is actually far less important now that I think of it...

Either way, what you are talking about is of characters that are part of the opposing force trying to join the cult, and we allow that, we don't stop them from joining because of that. We try to root them out through IC actions, that is why the blessing is viewed in such great reguards, it stops spies. Yet, it's not mandatory, meaning if a character that join us is in fact spying, he would be creating great rp, and get the perks of the cult.

I think you missunderstood the rule, thought we are discussing how to deal with it, because it does appear very strong. We're pretty much with the problem of the antag0 plugin, which someone with it fighting against us just has to run through the skeletons and kill the Harbingers without them being able to do a thing about it. If he betrayed the cult to do it, exelent, and there would be no problem. If he's using a different character to do it... it's severe powergaming and metagaming. Either way, we're taking this into account and figuring out what to do.

Oh, about your post, I asked for all OOC post to be removed... seems yours was, but the response to yours wasn't... In a few days or hours or something I will ask for these responces to be removed as well, please next time use forum pm's and discuss these things with the leaders. As said in the post, it's me, gwonam, and Kyght.))

Name ((and MCname)): Gawain de Ryck (Origin_Lark)

((Skype name)): darkz3r09000

Age and race: 45, Human

Motives for joining: To serve the one true lord Setherin. As a holy warrior, it is an honour and privilege to do His work.

Name ((and MCname)): Old Man ((porkchopp2))

((Skype name)): None

Age and race: 91 Adunian

Motives for joining: Known

Do you wish to get blessed? ((If yes, you are agreeing to the above OOC statements of blessing.)): No

((If you betray the Scourge and are caught, do you agree with a PK’ing clause? You don’t have to answer yes.)): No

Name ((and MCname)): Gawain de Ryck (Origin_Lark)

((Skype name)): darkz3r09000

Age and race: 45, Human

Motives for joining: To serve the one true lord Setherin. As a holy warrior, it is an honour and privilege to do His work.

Name ((and MCname)): Old Man ((porkchopp2))

((Skype name)): None

Age and race: 91 Adunian

Motives for joining: Known

Do you wish to get blessed? ((If yes, you are agreeing to the above OOC statements of blessing.)): No

((If you betray the Scourge and are caught, do you agree with a PK’ing clause? You don’t have to answer yes.)): No

Accepted!

Name ((and MCname)):  Grime (( MC name: Lunchbox99 ))

((Skype name)): ((blade_326))

Age and race: 20, Dark Elf

Motives for joining:  Grime's cursed and bloodlusty soul has got attracted to this precise parchment. With his devilous urge for dark power he is ready to be enslaved by one's god and vow to them like his one and only. Hearing of Seltherien's name he thinks that the Frozen Night would be of best interest to follow as there's people who share the same cunning thoughts and desires as him.

Do you wish to get blessed? ((If yes, you are agreeing to the above OOC statements of blessing.)):Yes

(I do not play a character that is actively fighting against the scourge. If my character intentionally betrays the Scourge and is caught, or is expelled due to IC actions, I agree with a loss of IC information clause. This meaning that my character will forget all information about the Scourge, and that all books and documents that my character had written for himself about them will be destroyed or did not exist.)

(( And erm, i've rarely seen anybody, but yeah, i haven't contacted any prior people before posting this, sorry if it messess up everything, it's up to you. ))