[Whimsical Magic] Bardmancy

Merkaken

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this lore?

• I like it!
    • I don't care for it. (Post below why)
    • You should change this... (Post below what to change)

If you vote "I don't care for this" or "You should change something" please post a reason as to why. Voting and then leaving does not help <3

No new magic being accepted until we know what's going on with the magic plugin, and if it's still in dev then until it's done. I post this on every magic thread that comes up.

The threads keep comin'.

No new magic being accepted until we know what's going on with the magic plugin, and if it's still in dev then until it's done. I post this on every magic thread that comes up.

The threads keep comin'.

Just because you wont accept magic does not stop you guys from helping players develop their magic lore so it is ready when you accept lore once more. It also doesn't stop people coming up with ideas and getting feedback/ideas and fine tuning it so its more developed when you guys are ready

With what Lago said, I think its a great time to openly develop magical lore so that in the end everyone is happy.

With that said, the spell names are a bit bland. For example

Threnody

A threnody is a song hymn or poem of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to as dead person

Madrigal

In the madrigal, the composer attempted to express the emotion contained in each line, and sometimes individual words, of a celebrated poem.

Prelude

an introductory piece of music, most commonly an orchestral opening to an act of an opera, the first movement of a suite, or a piece preceding a fugue.

Lullaby

A lullaby is a soothing piece of music, usually played or sung to young children before they go to sleep, with the intention of aiding that process. As a result, the music is often simple and repetitive.

Aubade

An aubade is a morning love song, or a Song or Poem about lovers separating at Dawn. It can also be defined as  "a song or instrumental composition concerning, accompanying, or evoking daybreak".

Use these instead, it might lead to some creative spell names :ujelly:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/103558-melodic-magic/

If you would like to, I suggest you read this. I feel this magic covers the one you've written about, and it leaves more room for creativity considering you actually make the songs yourself.

Rather than taking every musical term you know and putting a magical twist on it, you simply write the songs from scratch and have the lyrics be your magic, not the terminology.

The threads keep comin'.

For now new magic that can be used in offensive ways is not being accepted.

This is what I was told by Jistuma. I fail to see the problem with accepting a lore that has no combat capabilities, nor would even be on the actual plugin.

This would be AMAZING!! I know one of my characters and one of my friends would learn it!

This fits in perfectly as a derivitave of illusion magic. Illusion mages can do all this and more, but using music to communicate it sounds fun!

Myeeeehhh.... It's ok. I am only not-so-favourable towards it because I don't feel that music should be made magical. It's like making other things magical, until everything is magic, thus removing the novelty and amazement of said magic. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but I feel that it doesn't need to be a magic. I mean, this will open the door to a lot of things: dancing magic that hypnotises people, magic used in writing beautifully, magic done when painting art, etc etc. I just feel that it is /nice/, but kind of....over the top? I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure why I don't like it, so this is my opinion. It's nice, but...too much.

You can do all those things already, if you're clever and know the right magic.Hell. I can make a magical bridge traversing the sky with holy light when I'm really, really clever. Everything else by comparison is just an inspired application of enchanting and alteration.

Accepted! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

After a discussion amongst the LMs, this Lore is outdated. In fact, the majority of bardmancy can be done with just regular Sensory Illusion, along with some other magics for a more detailed arsenal. A magic type all on its own doesn't really help the magic problem.

You can call yourself a Bard all you want ICly, that's not a problem! But Sensory Illusion would be the magic you're using, all the limitations and abilities applying (which means you can use it offensively...).