Ultimate Guide To Dark Elves!

Lego XBOX

May I apply to add in a new clan?

As Gin was not born to any in particular...

His died off.

He'd fancy reviving it.

The clans listed are in no way the only clans. They are simply the ones that have come together and that currently follow the lore and guidelines correctly.

You are more than free to revive your own!

I'm personally against the use of scantily-clad wardrobe choices and the "bodily pride" mindset in the Dark-Elves, just like I dislike the fact that the Mori'quessir language had been adopted by a number despite the obvious poor past the Mori' and the Dark-Elves had. Culture-stealing is not particularly the most interesting trait, whether or not it's developed in-character, and it's better to form styles outside of such instead. 

I'm personally against the use of scantily-clad wardrobe choices and the "bodily pride" mindset in the Dark-Elves, just like I dislike the fact that the Mori'quessir language had been adopted by a number despite the obvious poor past the Mori' and the Dark-Elves had. Culture-stealing is not particularly the most interesting trait, whether or not it's developed in-character, and it's better to form styles outside of such instead. 

I think it is an interesting transition between different groups and types of dark elves.

The lack of clothing has been lore since the first wiki-lore for Dark Elves of LotC was written… That's back in early Asulon I think. We aren't stealing Mori culture, and people speaking Mori choose to, it's not enforced by culture whatsoever.

​That said, Mori are a sub race of Dark Elves by blood, since the male that procreated with the Spider Daemon was a dark elf. 

I don't particularly recall any lore for the Dark-Elves that implied a lesser amount of clothing was accepted. Exotic clothing and a variety of accenting colors and styles, sure, but nothing that directly implicated this lewd-esque expression was "proper" or any of the sort. I even recall early Dark-Elven lore involving red as a rare - even one of the rarest - eye-color  though that's somewhat irrelevant, and only shows how things were changed, in my opinion, in a needless fashion.

I suggested against the "culture stealing" because that opinion is seen to be quite broad with many people. They share many traits of a race which died because no one bothered playing as one - so when I saw all these Drow-Esque Dark-Elves, I was perturbed since they could've just played as the race itself and kept it from dying instead of copying certain pieces of it to fit their own thing months later.

One stood out among the sons of Malin. Born beneath the shade of the canopy on under the pale light of a full moon, his father named him Zanunder. Proud and strong was his stature, Zanunder stood tall among his brothers and sisters, resembling their Father in many ways. His hair was the color of the noon-day sun and his eyes a vibrant shade of forest green.

Zanunder was not a Dark-Elf, but the Aengul Nemiisae shared traits of a Dark-Elf while technically being classified as an actual Aengul, given her ability to go so far as to establish her children's home in an entirely seperate realm from the ancestral land of Aegis. The Mori'quessir are similar to Dark-Elves, yes, but are not descended or related to Dark-Elves besides the fact that they are Elves as well. 

I do believe Sythra mentioned a lesser amount of clothing, relative to the other elves in her asulon lore. I think he was just taking qualities already present in rp and sticking them on a wiki page. Some derp will always be a half naked dark elf, it's inevitable, might as well make lore explaining why you see freezing dark elves all over the place.

Some dark elves take the Mori-quessir culture for their own often times because it's they fact they're very similar in features. Sure there are a few differences concerning height or finger length.

So for a dark elf to say"Those people were my ancestors. Those people speak my ancestral language" Is hardly a stretch; however, you are correct. If you want to make a TRUE dark elf culture, don't be taking too many drow qualities else you're the mori.(Because a true dark elf culture is completely unaffected by mori)I think a great failure on my part is for allowing my previous character's obsession with the origins of his people affect others oocly to follow me down a similar path. It's fine for a dark elf to think he is an uncursed/blessed mori who instead of traveling from the verge to asulon, he/she went from the verge to Aegis, yet be conscious of the fact that's not true and if you begin to take Mrowi qualities you're less of a dark elf.

In fact, this current group has been stepping away from that and I am very happy they are taking these steps away. It's tempting to recreate their favorite books(which there is plenty over drow) and they're now conscious of that urge to be a Drizzt or whatever. Look at the rest of the guide, there are no places where Drow culture is present. (Aside for the house system. Which house systems are present in so many damned dark elf fantasies you almost must say if there are dark eves, there will be houses)

I think they are trying an Elder Scrolls approach to these dark elves((IE powerful reverence to ancestral spirits)). Yes there are qualities of Drow in there, but it's not too much to say with an unbiased ooc mind that they come from the same origins.

Do remember though that the first fantasy dark elf had its origins in D&D as Drow. Every fantasy book/game since then is warping Drow to begin with. Even in the most distant fantasy darkies, there will always be similarities because of their origins at drow. If these darkies have subtle similarities, like both being nearly naked for some reason, then I'd say it's excusable as long as you are not doing it strictly because Mrowi like nakedness.

That's just my interpretation though.

The lack of clothing has been lore since the first wiki-lore for Dark Elves of LotC was written… That's back in early Asulon I think. We aren't stealing Mori culture, and people speaking Mori choose to, it's not enforced by culture whatsoever.

​That said, Mori are a sub race of Dark Elves by blood, since the male that procreated with the Spider Daemon was a dark elf. 

Oh christ-chimpanzees

Can you still be a mori?

Is that an option?

No, you cannot be Mori or Drow or a Drizzt-noob. You can have similarities but cannot be an actual Drow, sorry. I know there is a HUGE cult-following(I personally only read the a few of the Drizzt comics) for drows with things like Drow-Tales, Drizzt, and that other RA Salvatore series that takes place solely in the underdark, but you need to resist the sweet temptation and not draw all your character from those sources(It's okay for some of course). Look elsewhere just as much. TES dummner are great models, night elves (Gross) possibly if you want to bend that way.

(I like to bash on Drizzt fans since 50% of the noobs that start off as dark elves essentially rip from him, myself included. Dual sworded dark elves sound familiar? It's a Drizzt-noob. Purple eyes? It's a Drizzt-noob. Hatred for strong racism? It's a Drizz-noob)

Now I'm slow to accept that having a dark elf that hates racism is out of the ordinary. I've noticed a lot of dark elves living among other races in the Fringe. The environment has as much effect as race, in my opinion.

Is this a troll?

Noooooo! That's one my characters!

Now I'm slow to accept that having a dark elf that hates racism is out of the ordinary. I've noticed a lot of dark elves living among other races in the Fringe. The environment has as much effect as race, in my opinion.

You're right, the environment does change them Dark elves have been subjugated to hate, so I'd see two logical reactions

1) Hate discrimination and the confines of race

2) Hate the race that hate you just as much

If you refer to how I mentioned the liberal Drizzt thing, I was just joking. I don't think lego's guide really mentions strong racism or the opposite(As it's too damn hard to read). It's just how you choose to play a character. Mind you though, it's harder to return hate with love, instead of more hate.

2) Hate the race that hate you just as much

My character is pretty accepting of all races besides humans for pretty much this exact reason.

Now I want to make a Dark elf xD

Do et.