Public Execution - Perma Kill

JVQ

Hello LoTC, an idea came to me the other day and I have been pondering it slightly, so I have made this post to not only suggest an idea but ask your opinion.

Basically, I thought making public executions perma kills. These executions have to have notice and can only be ordered by a Nation Leader. They will have to be properly role-played out, in an event style.

I think that way it would be a lot more realistic. I mean if a crowd of people saw some guy get beheaded surely they should be dead in rp?

Just my opinion, what do you think?

Forcing PK on anyone without admin approval is a horrible, horrible idea. 

Edit: Beyond the fact that there is an IC reasoning for people coming back, if their will to live is non-existant, then they are gone and dead. Hence suicide being a PK.

Forcing PK on anyone without admin approval is a horrible, horrible idea. 

Edit: Beyond the fact that there is an IC reasoning for people coming back, if their will to live is non-existant, then they are gone and dead. Hence suicide being a PK.

I disagree, although harsh, I don't believe it is horrible to force PK. I think it adds more urgency to criminal rp, if your buddy is locked up and due for execution, you robin hood that **** and go save him. Bearing in mind these executions would only be ordered by a Nation Leader, so they would be scarce unless your nation leader is joffrey

i support

note that guilds and nations can require players to sign ooc permakill clauses saying if they are caught breaking certain rp laws they have a chance to be PKd

Hm...Well what if a criminal group has over 8 members and all of them want to save a member who got imprisoned? Even though raid limit is 4, can all of them attempt to save their criminal bud in an attack?

Also what will happen if nobles die through proper roleplay (not some *Assassin shoots bolt off of roof and runs off*)?

No, this can be far to easily abused.

This only works in the event that every nation leader is a staff member or directly approved by staff. Personally, I don't like either of those scenarios.

If you want to banish somebody from your city/nation, you execute them put a kill on sight clause against them in RP. They show up, guards kill them. I guarantee you after a few times of getting murdered they'll go away.

Nah people would target others oocly. Player A hates player B. Player A is a good friend of a nation leader. Player A gets nation leader to organize public execution of player B's year old character out of spite.

This only works in the event that every nation leader is a staff member or directly approved by staff. Personally, I don't like either of those scenarios.

If you want to banish somebody from your city/nation, you execute them put a kill on sight clause against them in RP. They show up, guards kill them. I guarantee you after a few times of getting murdered they'll go away.

Yeh...Allow KoS so long as you can RPly recognize him/her.

i support

note that guilds and nations can require players to sign ooc permakill clauses saying if they are caught breaking certain rp laws they have a chance to be PKd

That OOC clause means the nation leader/Guild Master already has permission to do so.  This is something different from that.  This is saying basically, "I don't like what your doing in my kingdom so..... Execution."  I have an absolute NO to this idea.

Absolutely not. Do you see all of these OOC cliques on the server that hate each other? Now imagine them plotting to permakill people.

Don't be a ****.

I wish we could have that as a rule.

If you're guy is a traitor and gets caught and there is a huge public display, then you should be able to make the right decision.

But I don't think forcing it is very good.

Don't be a ****.

If you're guy is a traitor and gets caught and there is a huge public display, then you should be able to make the right decision.

This is a better way.

No... not at all.

If we had anything resembling a decent community? Maybe.

The way things are? Cliques working as hard as they can oocly and icly to PK people they don't like.

Don't be a ****.

^^^^

Having a big spectacle of your execution occur and then walking around in the same town the next day is jarring to those involved, and makes little in the way of any sort of RP development within the world. Many consider their characters irreplaceable and would not think of permanently killing them, this can be a selfish line of thought with you depriving many of what could potentially be rather impacting RP. 

The assassination of King Franz and many of those with him at the time is the perfect example of what can be achieved through the permanent killing of your character, as the act of betrayal that occurred with that event would not be nearly as enjoyable had those involved chose to not PK their characters.