[Lore] Wights

DruinsBane

This post is for the sake of formalities, said lore has already been through the correct channels, and does not violate mechanical standards.

cover.jpg

ZFPKXZ5.pngmzUXEND.pngQwYi7pT.pngzMYAisc.pngD7OgOA0.png

No just no.

Play an elf you are practically immortal.

Also this is a rehash of the lichs which is an accepted lore

I'd like to know why it wasn't posted before it was accepted

I personally really like this so far. Although I have yet to see a Wight in roleplay I do look forward to it. As to argue that you can just play an elf and gain immortality I would say why not ignore the OOC side of things. A human character could become a Wight or a Dwarf to withstand the sands of time. This lore also looks to set up the opportunity for very different roleplay and inflicts a mental shift on the character. The similarities between this and Lich end at the fact that they are immortal and stem from necromancy from what I can see.

Overall looks like a fun new dark being to encounter +1 from me.  

No just no.

In fact atleast one current wight used to be an Elf, and this is closer to the Wraiths then Litches really...

I'm confused a little bit as to the creation of a Wight. So essentially what is required is three Necromancers, the person who wants to become a Wight, a dead body, and a word inscribed on the individual who wishes to become a Wight?

This post is for the sake of formalities, said lore has already been through the correct channels, and does not violate mechanical standards.

Who did you talk to?

To answer all your questions and more-

No just no.

As you're aware the current generation of liches may not practice necromancy, not to mention other physical and mental traits that differ. It draws upon the fudmental idea of necromancy.

Initially, my first question is this. The author of the journal identifies himself as a former elf: why then, would they seek immortality if they already have it?

It is that precise reason that he is an elf, it is an irrational fear, being one brought on by an expansive life, seeing ones friends die over the course of Auslon to the Fringe, does not bode well on the mind of any individual.

I'd like to know why it wasn't posted before it was accepted

As you know, lore restrictions are more lenient in this day and age, before I posted this had I spoken to Geo, who is the global moderator for Necromancy, and a LM. Both of them agreeing it does not break mechanical standards.

Who did you talk to?

I myself talked to Geo, him being the Global Moderator for necromancy. And SupremcyOps a Lore Master.

I'm confused a little bit as to the creation of a Wight. So essentially what is required is three Necromancers, the person who wants to become a Wight, a dead body, and a word inscribed on the individual who wishes to become a Wight?

Those being the core ingredients, yes. But as described under variables that no one ritual is the same, one may require glyphs another may require a sacrifice, it differs from person to person.

One of the small problems I have with this is the extreme amount of restriction placed on it. I'm not saying that it being restricted is a bad thing, but I feel like the way it is set up would mean that, most likely, only Necromancers would get the opportunity to be a Wight. I fear it would add even more elitism regarding magic into the game

Lol, I don't get why anyone is getting all mad about this.

This actually weakens your character exceptionally, limits the areas they can enter (A Wight would not currently even be able to go up the lift to Alras without exploding), limits the magics they can use, and allows easy destruction. The only advantage they have is not aging and reconstruction at a predetermined point.

I roleplayed with this Wight last night. I have to say, it was exceptionally interesting. Something about the way they were played put them off as something weak, but at the same time, a line you don't want to cross. AKA, they could sure as hell drain all your life-force like any amazingly skilled necromancer would, but they seem so easily breakable that you sort of don't want to break them...

Lol, I don't get why anyone is getting all mad about this.

This actually weakens your character exceptionally, limits the areas they can enter (A Wight would not currently even be able to go up the lift to Alras without exploding), limits the magics they can use, and allows easy destruction. The only advantage they have is not aging and reconstruction at a predetermined point.

I roleplayed with this Wight last night. I have to say, it was exceptionally interesting. Something about the way they were played put them off as something weak, but at the same time, a line you don't want to cross. AKA, they could sure as hell drain all your life-force like any amazingly skilled necromancer would, but they seem so easily breakable that you sort of don't want to break them...

Exactly. There are many ways to obtain immortality on the server, but they all come with a heavy cost. EG: Litchs, Wights, Undead, Acsended, Frost Witches, ect.