(Rp Materials!) Mana Weaving [Wip]

E__V__O

(Currently WIP)

Mana Weaving

2194gep.jpg

Mana Weaving is a simple concept, mana nodes and mana wires are used through this process. What the mana nodes do is collect mana from the surroundings, while the mana wires take the collected mana and transport it to another node to than the starting node. A graph is here to represent that.

70z9e0.png

With the mana collected this way and taken to the starting node, it can be released into the open air/room or it can be used to repower enchanted items. With this in place, you do not need to go back to the enchanter to repower the enchanted item you have received but go to the mana node starting point and allow that to repower the enchanted item.

~Mana node simple details~

A mana node is an area that illuminates when working. They can only work within a five block radius around the user, they will also affect the caster.

The mana node will “turn on” when an object of mana is around them by illuminating a soft glow of selected colour.

A mana node will never stop it’s mana collection and will always continue even with the caster not present.

Mana nodes will decay after three real life days if no mana is collected from it.

Mana nodes can work when underground but only one block away besides five.

The closer you are to a mana node the more of an affect on the drain will happen.

If a large populated area has mana nodes around them besides collecting from a single mana area it will distribute around to collect

Mana nodes can collect all the mana in a individuals body if they are around it too long (4 irl hours)

~How mana nodes are created~

11j3sd0.jpg

A mana node is created by concentration and time.

Through the first stage of creating the mana node, they will start out as a mana wire, though a weaker form of it, having starting in a web like substance they are thin and weak, you can replicate this process over and over until you get a wired type substance this is the first stage, where you created a mana wire.

With the created mana wire, you then need to replicate the process creating more and more of the mana wires before you begin to form them together in a process of fusion, these will create a bubbled effect with a small flash of light in your hands with the object in your hand.

With your mana node created it will start to collect mana, though it will spit it right back out and your body would naturally absorb it due to no mana wires collecting the mana by the mana node.

~Mana Nodes and Mana Wires~

28s1sty.jpg

The mana wires and nodes will always have a stickable substance like web, though it can be easily broken unless concentrated longer. With this in place, a mana wire is like if you consider a copper wire, which can carry a electric current. Though an electric current has to go somewhere or it just releases it, which is why it goes back to the starting node.

With this in place, a mana node needs to have a mana wire so it can transport the mana collected to the starting node to than release the mana out. The way the process works is having the same compounds as each other to allow the path being traveled by a kinetic force on each railing, think of it as a heartbeat, the starting node is the brain, the other nodes are the heartbeats.

A mana wire can easily be broken with a tug, unless they have banded together to strengthen the hold. This can be done with concentrating and overlaying constant mana wires, you can use this also to protect the mana node by covering it, the mana node will still be effective by five blocks around them.

When the illumination occurs it glows within a certain colour, be it the aura of the person or the mana flows colour naturally which is a bright blue.

~What happens if you grasp a mana wire~

2qsyvdd.jpg

When you take hold of a mana wire, it will not drain you unless you come across a mana node which one will always be near, with this mana wire and mana node coming close to each other and when you grasp the wire/node you will feel a considerable mana drain out of your body, though it won’t take any real effect unless you hold it for longer than twenty (irl) minutes. When you take hold of the mana wire/node your aura colour will shine against it illuminating the whole wire and the node around, with this in place it can also project a happy memory for yourself out of the mana collected with your aura. This might tease you to hold onto the mana wire/node for a longer time.

In time when you hold over the mana wire/node it will begin to feel like it has been attached to you, with this the wire/node will continue to drain your mana but you will feel a sort of uncaring or sadness inside of you for an unknown reason, even if a happy memory is projected a small bit of sadness with be inside.

~Overlapping the mana wires/nodes~

w2hddy.png

When you overlap the mana wires either by themselves or around the node, on a big basis they can represent the strength of a thin rope. With this you can bind someone up and allow the nodes to drain in a slow amount of the mana vessel, though the “rope” can easily be broken, if you are under the influence of the mana collection for longer than 20-30 (IRL) minutes than it would begin to get harder, and harder to resist.

Saying this, you can bind someone or hold someone for “power house” of mana collecting to transfer the mana to another place. With that being stated you cannot move the person as a “lead” with the mana nodes in place as they cannot be moving further than three blocks away from the stationary starting mana node. That being said you can make a man/women bound to a area, but unable to move them without breaking the connection of the mana node/wire.

This being stated a easier way to bind someone with a mana wire/node with overlapping them can be this example:

syvz1i.jpg

With this example it can show how the mana wires/nodes would work to make sure the person is stationary while you collect the mana from them, this being said the more mana nodes around the person the faster the collection, though it will still take, 20-30 (IRL) minutes to drain them making it harder for them to resist the mana wires/nodes though it will still take 4 (IRL) hours to completely collect all the mana.

~How to Place the Mana Wires and Nodes~

311xq3t.jpg

A simple way on how to place the mana wires and nodes can be with your concentrated points, with this you never physically place the wire and nodes but use the magic consisted with it to place them.

With this the mana node and wire will deal no damage and feel like “silly string” if it lands on someone.  The mana node will take full effect when created and mixed with the mana wires.

~How many mana Nodes and Wires can you make?~

n2omt5.jpg

The amount of mana nodes and wires you can make are up to you! Though you can make only one starting mana node(per circuit), Though the their is no cap on how many mana nodes and wires you can produce, there is a cap on how far it can stretch from the starting node on wards.

With this being said you can only stretch the mana nodes and wires from the starting node by sixty blocks! Though a warning you can only make one starting mana node for every circuit, that being said you cannot make two starting mana nodes with the same mana circuit that has an starting mana node already attached to it. With this being stated every starting mana node you make the block radius of it will shrink each time by twenty, So the first sixty, the second forty, the third twenty. So you can only make three starting mana nodes!

~What you can do with the released mana~

25pth10.png

Though you cannot consume the mana yourself (For you know the reasons why), you cannot physically move the mana, but you can guide it, not for long though. The mana guided this way needs to be away from the person that you collected it from or it might just re-enter that body. That being stated what you CAN do with the mana is re-empower enchanted objects to give them a “turn on” switch when they shut off, or a longer time period to when that happens depending on how much mana you’ve collected.

This being stated if you use it on a currently enchanted object, it could give it a benefit such as if a ward, you can increase the current wards strength. If it is an enchanted weapon, you can give it extra strength (The bow strength not the arrow), if a sword the same affect (Not more damage, but harder to break), empower the enchanted lights that light your streets! and so on.

~What is the cost of using Mana Weaving?~

2vir37o.png

That being said the materials to create such a mana nodes/wires are:

-Obsidian-

-Grinding bowl-

-Grounding bowl-

-forge fire-

-redstone-

-string-

With these materials, if you learn how to mix them all together through a theme of:

1) Grounding the obsidian up to small chunks.

2) Grinding the obsidian up to a small powder.

3) Finding and melting to fuse each obsidian point together.

4) Same process again but with redstone mixed.

5) Overlaying and wrapping string over to form a stick-able substance.

You can only create one at a time!, The time scales show here.

Five minutes (Irl) for a starting mana node.

Three minutes (Irl) for a mana node.

Thirty Seconds (Irl) for a mana wire.

Now, with all this said! You will have to when the mana node/wire is created placing them down one at a time, so after you finish making place it down to make another. When the mana node or wire is placed, they cannot be moved. So if you store them in your inventory, they cannot be taken out and used- unless you want to break the node or wire.  (Think of the strength of ripping a normal plastic shopping bag to break it, harder when it goes on)

------

~How much mana can be collected each minute of an individual?~

Every one minute, (Irl) it takes 1% of your mana supply. with this stated, it distributes over if there are more than one close by, so if you have two people, it is 0.5% of mana each minute, and keeps splitting. Which is why high populated areas will hardly feel any effect!

---------

Pros:

-Material used to combat RP not PvP

-A material that can have many possibilities and increase RP count!

-A way to refuel your enchanted items!

-Giving a lightning.

-RP only material, no pvp advantage.

Cons:

-Takes time to make the mana wires/nodes

-Collects and throws away your mana, mage or not everything has it.

-The mana wires/nodes can be placed underground making them un-see-able but less effective!

energy_flow_by_zmastah94-d7c9a0f.gif

2uz6sqr.png
Thank you for reading!

Please if you have any helpful comments on how I can improve this! Please comment! :D

Change - log

---Created and posted lore---

---Edited lore to remove magic aspect and replace with materials--- 

Nodes are litterally infinite amounts of mana. Nodes aren't commonplace, and when you do find them, they're more likely to make you go nuts then anything. No one can currently use them. They're unstable and would more likely kill the user then actually show results. If you wanna bend mana or aura, I suggets Arcane Evocation and Alteration (Transmutation/Enchanting/Abjuration).

I used the word nodes, for no apparent reason but the name nodes, not since nodes are infinite mana sources, so please do not go scientific knowledge on what a node is, when it was just used as a simple name. Though thank you for your comment.

As Kalameet stated, seeing how it conflicts and could cause misconceptions, perhaps it would be best to rename 'Nodes' to something else.

Nodes already exist in LoTC. They're regions that funnel large quantities of Mana into the mortal plane. As rare are Nodes are, in even rarer cases they can be physical objects and not a track of land that is somehow experiencing an Void-influence phenomenon. The last known Nodes were the two underneath the Mages' Guild's College, Wyverwyn; The Hollows which were the remains of a Node that had imploded and collapsed on itself and a physical one that has made it's way to the Fringe which Zarsies heavily oversees it's interactions.

Care to place a suggestion of name? Besides the word node?

Erhm... "Cell"?

So it would be, Mana Cell?

Edit: I also couldn't find any lore on the name "nodes" so you could be going into RL science into this? Not to question it, but I am confused on where the word or name "Node" was taken from.

Is there that much of a risk between mixing up a voidnode and ttwesten's Mana Nodes?

When it comes to keeping enchantments powered, could just use a thanhium crystal. Not much risk of it running out.

Is there that much of a risk between mixing up a voidnode and ttwesten's Mana Nodes?

When it comes to keeping enchantments powered, could just use a thanhium crystal. Not much risk of it running out.

Ironically enough, that mix up is what was conveyed on Skype along the clusterfuck of Mages' Guild chats. .-.

Mana Obelisks are also able to be made as refueling stations. I've two main issues with this Lore: The first is why? What would anyone use this for anyways? It seems like this other magic can already do this. The second is the time it takes in IRL minutes and hours. That's a little crazy. Most people, including myself don't want to sit around for four hours while you concintrate in rp lol

Ironically enough, that mix up is what was conveyed on Skype along the clusterfuck of Mages' Guild chats. .-.

Hence why we're here lol

Mana Obelisks are also able to be made as refueling stations. I've two main issues with this Lore: The first is why? What would anyone use this for anyways? It seems like this other magic can already do this. The second is the time it takes in IRL minutes and hours. That's a little crazy. Most people, including myself don't want to sit around for four hours while you concintrate in rp lol

Hence why we're here lol

For the first reason, it is a way to refuel enchantments without the need of someone being and doing something, as a example I used, enchanted lights. Connect the starting mana node to one of the lights and than pass that with more mana wires to than could power the city of lights, other examples can follow. Other magic by it seems does not have a automatically system, whilst obelisks are on the server they need to be contained and constantly refueled through, this offers a more simple way of doing things. Dispute the waiting times (Which is why the lore is in WIP, give suggestions on how to help), you do not have to be there and wait for it to be 'created' it could already of been made prior and just needs to be attached.

If you have a home full of mana wires and nodes, they will slowly drain 1% of your mana each minute.  To than the mana can be used to re-power enchantments. Again this is WIP so you can help change this.

With that being said to your second point. Of the "time" once more, they could already be prepared, or it is time for your character to escape. The making of the magic takes a while for the large effect it can do. With that in place, you don't need to wait since it isn't all about "Torture" or "Binding" others to make it work. 

Also to the comment of the cuss, I recommend you try to keep it down, or none at all even when mixed in a sentence or not directed at someone, this is still a PG-13 server.

I don't believe anybody cussed I see it now. You're trying to make another magic type while another one does the exact same thing, but it's a locked subtype. Mana Obelisks are RP alternatives to what you're trying to do, I suggest having one built instead, as that is why I invented them. The abilities you're outlining are what regular Alterationists currently do with their magic, and thus this magic isn't anything new.

First, if you look at Heero's comment he did say the big bad F-word.

Second, Alteration cannot 'collect' mana as the lore does state that if within a ward.

778f0a3f5ec30292f2d8414c229c6601.png

The magic I have suggested if called magic, simple collects mana, not "confuse" as what Alteration does, though it has no effect besides that as what a ward can, ect. This stated it goes to fuel and power enchantments, it cannot create an mana battery(storing mana). Which makes it different from what you suggest.

With this, could I please ask for the lore on " Obelisks " it seems I cannot find it.

First, if you look at Heero's comment he did say the big bad F-word.

Second, Alteration cannot 'collect' mana as the lore does state that if within a ward.

778f0a3f5ec30292f2d8414c229c6601.png

The magic I have suggested if called magic, simple collects mana, not "confuse" as what Alteration does, though it has no effect besides that as what a ward can, ect. This stated it goes to fuel and power enchantments, it cannot create an mana battery(storing mana). Which makes it different from what you suggest.

With this, could I please ask for the lore on " Obelisks " it seems I cannot find it.

You're right, Warding doesn't consume, nor collect mana. But enchanting sure does As in enchanting has mana gems, which hold mana, see the mana gem section for explination. When one becomes an Alterationist, they learn how to actually control, bend, and manipulate mana in far greater degree then any other mage. This is why Alterationists can put mana into gems for enchantments and storage (Do note that due to different states of mana, one cannot use the stored mana for anything but enchantments. It's no longer able to be used in spells). Mana Obelisks don't require accepted Lore, as they are things that Alterationists can make, aslong as they've the knowledge of course. If you'd like, message me on skype and I'll better explain how this functions.

Mhh... Kala... Enchantments don't drain mana, they have to be powered by enchanters.

Obelisks use thanhium or thanhic ore which means they create mana themselves from heat.

[edit] Actually it's just a giant mana poll, doesn't even use thanhic.

From what I understood from this lore, this is sucking tiny amounts of mana from everyone, plant, animals, mages and non mages alike to fuil enchantments, something that at the moment can only be done by mages themselves.

[edit] Now, I did advise Westen a lot to not use magic to create the web, and use materials and alchemy instead and all that, since it would mean it would be real, and not really made from mana. Finding a type of material or combination of material that sucks out tiny amount of mana almost unnoticible to someone, is something completely plausible.

Mhh... Kala... Enchantments don't drain mana, they just can be powered by them.

Obelisks use thanhium or thanhic ore which means they create mana themselves from heat.

[edit] Actually it's just a giant mana poll, doesn't even use thanhic.

From what I understood from this lore, this is sucking tiny amounts of mana from everyone, plant, animals, mages and non mages alike to fuil enchantments, something that at the moment can only be done by mages themselves.

[edit] Now, I did advise Westen a lot to not use magic to create the web, and use materials and alchemy instead and all that, since it would mean it would be real, and not really made from mana. Finding a type of material or combination of material that sucks out tiny amount of mana almost unnoticible to someone, is something completely plausible.

I never said enchantments consume mana, or drain mana. I said to look at the enchantment section, and read mana gems. Mana gems store mana to be used in enchantments.

Edit: I can see the confusion in my words, but the point still stands. I'd like to also point out that is it possible for mana obelisks to be programmed to consume the aura which passes by them, thus nearly making them self sufficient to a degree. Although it is noteworthy that although aura is mana, it is no longer as powerful as the other states, and thus would require more of it to fuel the obelisk. Manually fueling it is still optimal, but not strictly required.

Edit2: I keep forgetting to mention things... BNK and I have also discussed the possibility of mana weaving by those who have arcane evocation, and alteration. As they both focus a lot around mana, and bending it to a degree. Since that is feeding off two already exsistent magics, it might be an easyer route to have it accepted. Just a thought, however.