There Are Spiderlings, Why Not Other Half-Breeds?

40 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel about half-breeds?

• Yes, but only with applications.
    • Yes in general.
    • Not at all.
    • Indifferent.

While messing about, I saw someone with an MPM model of a half-spider, at first I thought they were trolling, but when I went up to them I found out that it was actual RP. She was a SPIDERLING. YEP! Half human (or elf never found out) half spider.

That got me thinking, why not Centaurs, or Satyrs, etc? Or maybe other well known half-breeds (Why not half turtles? Just a joke.)

Most people were into it, but not all. (I'm including ALL screen shots of convos, not a single one was left out!)

4c5aa59cd80f29fea8abc93e4b3ccfaa.png7d9b0f7dc45f2dbb31550348e8b27bf8.pngc768631d7cf21b147b0c6e875e5d2939.png

d8fdb81653da6aa73f572937b436ddfa.png

12c71fe50016888d53072ba3dfaa54ec.png

b8c86c530158e55f9bbcd653ea4b242b.png

Many people liked the idea. How do you feel about it?

~ ~ ~

A small amount of ideas for the half-breeds

~ ~ ~

Half-breeds are rare, there aren't just a ton of them running around in towns. In fact, my idea would be that most of them wouldn't mingle with the populations of towns.

Since half-breeds aren't just running about willy-nilly, there should be apps for them, like Kha's used to have, to keep the population reasonable.

~ ~ ~

So, how do you feel about it, and what ideas do you have? Drop a comment and give ideas an opinions! And take part in the poll!

EDIT - After looking into more Mythology, there's a bit of controversy regarding Centaurs, which I'm sure many people would want to play. (Keep in mind, only a few would be allowed to.) Some sources say "A Centaur is the unification of a horse with its rider by magical means" While others say that they were created by the Gods (Of course, in LoTC we don't believe in weird Greek and Roman gods.) to serve as guardians of the woods and forests. So since there is a bit of controversy there, we would have to pick a way they were created, or just write up our own lore.

As long as they don't powergame I'm fine.

Please no. But if it would be allowed, should be limited to VERY few people. I'm talking 1-2 per half-breed. And restrict what sort of half-breeds are allowed. ((No half-panther, bear, wolf, etc.))

Please no. But if it would be allowed, should be limited to VERY few people. I'm talking 1-2 per half-breed. And restrict what sort of half-breeds are allowed. ((No half-panther, bear, wolf, etc.))

Yes, there would be very few people playing, and there would be a set group of half-breeds, and if you wanted to make a new one you would have to ask, then write your own lore and get it accepted.

The problem with this I see that itll separate RP and if not devoted enough, cause the culture/lore/species to just utterly die out, awaiting someone in the future to revive it. The littler the races, the better I say. (Plus, don't forget not everyone has MpM

no pg. no applications. just role-play.

I wouldn't mind the 'spiderling' too much if it wasn't so OP and the player hadn't lied to the GM's to make sure they could play it. No LM so far has stepped forward to say they had approval.

Who the hell fucked a spider?

Mori.

Edit: I think its a good idea to allow a FEW responsible players to do things like this.

As seen with Porkour it works well some times.

Mori.

I KNEW GENOCIDING THEM IN ASULON WAS A GOOD IDEA!

....This needs to happen. I need to make goat jokes!

As for the idea.. I think they should be extremely rare characters seen. Like maybe 2-3 of each type. I want to see one, and flip my lid when I see it because ive never seen it before, and probably wont other then that one.

On the other hand a small herd of Centaur would be badass..

Plus I'd love to find use for Della

Spiderlings are only allowed for events I believe, and it should stay that way, along with any other half breeds they come up with.

I think ETs are already allowed to use any mystical character, as long as it can not be 'used' after the event (as in take home a centaur as your new pet).

[About Spiderlings] They're for events rather than for main characters. We don't want them wandering around the Conclave eating biscuits with the locals.