(Proposal) Switch To An Old Map - Solutions For The Fringe Til 4.0.

calculusdesola

Fringe preference  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the fringe?

• Yeah, it suits everybody's preference.
    • Yeah, but we could do better.
    • Kind of, but we could do better.
    • Nope, but we could do better.
    • Other (will state in reply).
  2. 2. Any of the following solutions sound interesting to you?

• Switch to Anthos til 4.0.
    • Switch to Asulon til 4.0.
    • Switch to Aegis til 4.0.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Does the high seas ships idea suggested by Senda sound good to you? (http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/112835-proposal-switch-to-an-old-map-solutions-for-the-fringe-til-40/page-2#entry1069344)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other.

Yes. Let's move back to Elysium. I liked Elysium a lot. The map was actually pretty good. And the whole zombie apocalypse thing seems fine too. Anything's better than the Fringe.

I can't want another month or two for 4.0 to come out.

Who ACTUALLY believes the Fringe suits everybody's preference. How blind can you be.

where's the 'no' button

Honestly, the Fringe reminds me of some backwater run-off of a home PC type Factions/PVP server w/ towny that you and a few friends decide to do one weekend.

There is little to no RP, and when there is RP, it's more likely than not secluded to small cliques or trolly post-raid RP.

Please, give us a map that isn't ****.

Absolutely. I'd be more than willing to see some sort of temporary map (That isn't the Fringe) until the transfer to 4.0. I haven't actually seen the old maps, so I can't possibly comment on those, but I wouldn't mind something randomly generated or a quickly world-painted map.

Yes sweet baby Jesus let me ride into the realm of milk and honey instead of forced drought events brought on by the dreaded ET.

Hm.

What about the transition between the Fringe and 4.0? How are we to get there?

By boats?

If so.. why not use said Boats as a map? 

Start a big construction effort by all races to build boats (appropiately sized and styled to match the cultures), that should keep people occupied for at least a week.

Then have an event to launch the boats.

Then move them all into a "fleet", close together. (Perhaps we are forced to lash them all together to survive a storm or something).

Then.. enjoy some roleplay doing all of the above?

Just tossing out an idea, perhaps its utter rubbish.. but who knows, my rubbish might lead to someone else sparking a good idea?

It doesn't really matter what map it is as long as it isn't the damn Fringe. An easy way to explain it is 'lol portal ****' and we just go through it and it shuts behind us. That or seriously just ask Kilgrim to use one of his maps or something. 

+1 

i will not calm down vulcus

Hm.

What about the transition between the Fringe and 4.0? How are we to get there?

By boats?

If so.. why not use said Boats as a map? 

Start a big construction effort by all races to build boats (appropiately sized and styled to match the cultures), that should keep people occupied for at least a week.

Then have an event to launch the boats.

Then move them all into a "fleet", close together. (Perhaps we are forced to lash them all together to survive a storm or something).

Then.. enjoy some roleplay doing all of the above?

Just tossing out an idea, perhaps its utter rubbish.. but who knows, my rubbish might lead to someone else sparking a good idea?

EDIT: **** THIS IS A GOOD IDEA

What if you basically had us on boats for the duration doing ship-to-ship **** will some little islands around for supplies. You can bring all your **** from the Fringe and just hang out and to BS all that away you just say there was a big storm and it all needed to be cast off. 

Fringe becomes inhospitable due to the drought so we return to a previous world in an attempt to recolonize a previous home, only to find its ridden with the undead. Specifically undead i can totes see with Aegis. Maybe something slightly different with Asulon or Anthos, but relatively the same in regards to post apocalyptic. 

I dig it, I dig it. PvE and role play revolving around a danger would definitely excite most folks.

Literally go to Planet minecraft - search Kilgrim, and then open the server files, delete the current ones. Once you have done that go to the Kilgrim page and choose the map you want, download it then drag the files in to the world folder.