(Proposal) Switch To An Old Map - Solutions For The Fringe Til 4.0.

calculusdesola

Fringe preference  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the fringe?

• Yeah, it suits everybody's preference.
    • Yeah, but we could do better.
    • Kind of, but we could do better.
    • Nope, but we could do better.
    • Other (will state in reply).
  2. 2. Any of the following solutions sound interesting to you?

• Switch to Anthos til 4.0.
    • Switch to Asulon til 4.0.
    • Switch to Aegis til 4.0.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Does the high seas ships idea suggested by Senda sound good to you? (http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/112835-proposal-switch-to-an-old-map-solutions-for-the-fringe-til-40/page-2#entry1069344)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other.

Hm.

What about the transition between the Fringe and 4.0? How are we to get there?

By boats?

If so.. why not use said Boats as a map? 

Start a big construction effort by all races to build boats (appropiately sized and styled to match the cultures), that should keep people occupied for at least a week.

Then have an event to launch the boats.

Then move them all into a "fleet", close together. (Perhaps we are forced to lash them all together to survive a storm or something).

Then.. enjoy some roleplay doing all of the above?

Just tossing out an idea, perhaps its utter rubbish.. but who knows, my rubbish might lead to someone else sparking a good idea?

Actually have the boat rp instead of pretending we did?  I'm not sure if this is insane or brilliant, but I'm leaning towards brilliant.

Literally go to Planet minecraft - search Kilgrim, and then open the server files, delete the current ones. Once you have done that go to the Kilgrim page and choose the map you want, download it then drag the files in to the world folder.

Agreed.

Literally go to Planet minecraft - search Kilgrim, and then open the server files, delete the current ones. Once you have done that go to the Kilgrim page and choose the map you want, download it then drag the files in to the world folder.

This.

I'm pretty sure we are just taking a portal to 4.0 or something like that. We need something that will keep people entertained until 4.0 is released. A new map will last maybe.. a week or so at most, we need an objective with a new map. Something to actually strive for aside from conquest and the clashing of ideals.

Hm.

What about the transition between the Fringe and 4.0? How are we to get there?

By boats?

If so.. why not use said Boats as a map? 

Start a big construction effort by all races to build boats (appropiately sized and styled to match the cultures), that should keep people occupied for at least a week.

Then have an event to launch the boats.

Then move them all into a "fleet", close together. (Perhaps we are forced to lash them all together to survive a storm or something).

Then.. enjoy some roleplay doing all of the above?

Just tossing out an idea, perhaps its utter rubbish.. but who knows, my rubbish might lead to someone else sparking a good idea?

Senda, I always knew you were a genius.  Now that's a hell of an option and one I would support.

Still, let's not forget the history on the old maps.

̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ 

ELYSIUM/KALOS OR RIOT

'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿

Senda, I always knew you were a genius.  Now that's a hell of an option and one I would support.

Still, let's not forget the history on the old maps.

Ye, but then they probably have to change the transition even more and make them push it back even further. 

lets go back to the verge

Are we sure a month on a boat could last?

I would say add a few islands around you can ferry out to so we aren't totally alone. The islands get regenerated every couple of days to simulate us moving on. 

Ye, but then they probably have to change the transition even more and make them push it back even further. 

Added it to the poll.  For those in favor of the boats idea, go ahead and vote.

Good job keeping it real so far gents.

I love that boat idea. +1 to that. PLEASE.