The Arcane Vigil

Hydra

Magi: Amras Lúinwë: Onm224

Arcane Vigils

Expression of interest letter

So, you wish to join us eh? To join the hunt for knowledge and the warm embrace of companionship? Fill out the following letter as an expression of your interest and send it to us by bird or drop it off at our headquarters. We will respond to you as soon as possible for a brief interview and your future within the guild will be decided from there. Good luck friend.

What is your name?

Amras Lúinwë

What race are you?

High elf

How old are you?

What is your gender?

Male

Do you bear allegiance to any nation or organisation? If so, which?:

No, I don't

Why do you wish to join the Vigil? What is it you wish to achieve here?

To share to share and gain knowledge, like for example learning a new magic.

Do you know magic? If yes, state which kind of magic and how long you have been learning / practicing (in elven days/weeks/months/)

Yes, I know fire evocation. I used to have an university in Shattenburg, Anthos where I taught to the other students after 4 months learning it.

If you answered no to the previous question, do you wish to learn magic as an apprentice of the Vigil?

What role do you wish to fulfill in the guild? A mage, a mage shield, a mageshadow or other, specialty role that you think you could fufill:

A mage

What skills do you possess that make you think you could adequately fulfill this role?

I'm a good fire evocationist and I've also met a lot of different magic teachers who could share their knowledge aswell.

What value or moral do you hold closest to your heart?

The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.

How far would you go in the pursuit of knowledge?

To the bitter end

The Vigil is a family of adventurers and scholars. Are you prepared to be a part of that family?

"Yes"

OOC SECTION

Mc name: onm224

Skype name (can be pmd if you prefer): ONM224 . 

How long have you been on the server? like a year... but in game only 7 or 8 months

If you are a mage, did you genuinely train and acquire your magical knowledge in game, or gain magic through your backstory? In game, I acctualy had an university

Given name(RP name):Dean Rodgers

(Skype name if you have one):jordanrichards123

True name(MC name):leap1

Race:Human

Authentic magic user?:None,but I have been searching for a teacher to learn the arts from.

If so what form of magic ye use?:N/A

Do ye seek adventure, knowledge, and companionship?:Of course everyone should.

Mageshield, Vigils or Apprentice(if other detail)?:Apprentice

For Mageshields only:N/A

Do ye swear solemnly to put your life upon the line to preserve that of your arcane brethren? N/A

What combat skills have ye? I can use any regular sword or dagger.

Short Response for all Applicants, write how ye would respond:

You come across a massive ruin of ancient design, strange sounds and lights emanate from within.
*As Dean peeks inside he takes out his dagger and ventures more and more inside looking around untill he sees a group of elves worshiping some statue Dean hasn't seen before. After a bit of observing Dean desides to head out the ruins looking for a friend to enter with him just in case things go wrong.*

While at a local bar you see two dark hooded figures in the corner discussing in a whispered conversation. You can't quite make out what they're saying but you clearly hear the word "artifact". *Dean quickly stops drinking his ale and listens closely to the two.after listening for another minute one of the hooded men take out a medallion and quickly began talking about how Rare the artifact is. Now really curious Dean makes the decision to steal it from the 2 to study it and see whats so great about it. but then in almost a second later the two hooded men get up And begin to walk out,Dean acts quick and follows at a distance in which they more than likely wouldn't be able to hear him walking behind them. after a few minutes of walking Dean desides how he is going to steal the medallion. he quicklt puts on his crimson red hood so they wouldn't be able to see who he is. Dean begins getting closer and closer to the man holding the medallion. he swiftfully reaches into his pockets grabs it and runs before they knew what hit them.

Walking down the Anthos Highway you come across a masked man with a sword threatening a hooded figure, claiming he is a necromancer."This man....no this scum has been seen on many ocasions killing innocent citizens of Oren with the forbidden power known as Necromancy" The masked man yells at the top of his lungs. Dean walks over to the masked man confused of what hes yelling about "Sir do you have any proof to suspect this man of being the one who killed those people". The masked man looks at Dean furious "Scraps of cloth from this mans hood and a dagger the exact same looking as the one this man has equiped on him at this moment!". The Necromancer quickly gets up onto his feet while the masked man is distracted "I'm getting tired of hearing you two,I'll just deal with you both the way I did the rest of the people you called innocent" he says with a grin. Abig flash of light emits and a loud boom is heard. Four hours later Dean Awakens beaten badly in a local infirmary and tries to get up. The Docter quickly stops him say Woah there don't get up yet we're not done patching you up,you got into a real arse beating". Dean later leaves the inirmary wondering what happened to the masked man...he didn't see him anywhere in the infirmary.

Magi: Amras Lúinwë: Onm224

-PD: Done (Jax)

((Write an app and edit in your post, otherwise I will have to decline your non exsistant app))

((Write an app and edit in your post, otherwise I will have to decline your non exsistant app))

((did I get accepted?))

Saddened that he ate his final cookie he sheds a single tear and continues to work on the apps "God Damn why is my office always full of applications"he works rather quickly reading all of the apps rushing into the vigils writing up a few small letters in a Glowing green lettering 

-Snip-

-Snip-

-Snip-

-Snip-

''You have been Accepted into The arcane vigils glad to have you among our ranks please come to our base of operations for a small interview to determine if you are worthy of being deemed a Vigil"
X= 251 Z= -921

*The application is written in gold ink.*

Given name(RP name): Nessa Drakon

(Skype name if you have one): (PM me for it.)

True name(MC name): dadmat2

Race: Elf

Authentic magic user?: I know a small amount.

If so what form of magic ye use?: Water Evocation

Do ye seek adventure, knowledge, and companionship?: Why wouldn't I?

Mageshield, Vigils or Apprentice(if other detail)?: Mageshield

For Mageshields only:

Do ye swear solemnly to put your life upon the line to preserve that of your arcane brethren? Indeed

What combat skills have ye? Skilled with a sword, along with a bow.

You come across a massive ruin of ancient design, strange sounds and lights emanate from within.

I would mark it on a map, then inform the rest of the guild. I might take a peak inside, just to make sure.

While at a local bar you see two dark hooded figures in the corner discussing in a whispered conversation. You can't quite make out what they're saying but you clearly hear the word "artifact".

I listen to the conversation more after I hear "artifact", if I can figure anything out, I'll let someone at the guild know.

Walking down the Anthos Highway you come across a masked man with a sword threatening a hooded figure, claiming he is a necromancer.

The hell is Anthos? I'm assuming it's some tiny town somewhere, either way;

I would carry on my way, I've no need to interfere with their problem. Unless one of them was a member of the Vigils, then, being a Mageshield, I would be obligated to defend them.

Given name(RP name):
Yulna Delario

(Skype name if you have one):
You already have it.

True name(MC name):
xXVenomCastXx

Race:
High Elf

Authentic magic user?:
No.

If so what form of magic ye use?:
Not applicable

Do ye seek adventure, knowledge, and companionship?:
Yes.

Mageshield, Vigils or Apprentice(if other detail)?:
Mageshadow.

For Mageshields only:
Do ye swear solemnly to put your life upon the line to preserve that of your arcane brethren?
What combat skills have ye?

I send out an bird to anyone that might be of assistance, and I wait for them to arrive. I do not know what could be hidden there and I best wait for backup.

While at a local bar you see two dark hooded figures in the corner discussing in a whispered conversation. You can't quite make out what they're saying but you clearly hear the word "artifact".
I step closer to them, trying to maintain a low profile. I act as if i'm heading over to the bar. I walk slowly, trying to cancel out most of the other noise to try and get more of an idea as to what they're talking about.

Walking down the Anthos Highway you come across a masked man with a sword threatening a hooded figure, claiming he is a necromancer.
   I wave him off, telling him he's crazy and acting skeptical. When he walks down the road, I follow him, making sure he doesn't do anything...regrettable.

If any of ye readers are still left with inquiries, seek out the Arcane Vigils in ((3.5.5 for new location)) or feel free to post a note upon whatever message board ye are seeing this on. Rest assured it will be seen…

Make a post upon the notice board or by bird to our HQ with the following information

Given name(RP name): Howard

(Skype name if you have one):  drfate786

True name(MC name): drfate786

Race: Human

Authentic magic user?: No

If so what form of magic ye use?: I use no magic but as you saw i am looking to learn and perhaps master it one day.

Do ye seek adventure, knowledge, and companionship?: I seek to sate my thirst for knowledge.

Mageshield, Vigils or Apprentice(if other detail)?: None

For Mageshields only:

Do ye swear solemnly to put your life upon the line to preserve that of your arcane brethren?

What combat skills have ye? None, i am the Reeve of a farming community whit no special talents other then a good mind.

Howard sends a bird detailing the co ordinates of the ruin to the other mages and then delves into the ruin slightly while waiting for the others to come.

Howard ignores the dark hooded figures thinking they will be trouble and continues about his business.

Howard walks up to the man and says: "If he was a necromancer a terrible decay would be set into his skin, he would look half dead or very pale whit hallowed eyes. Also necromancers also have a tendency to easily kill those whom threaten them, you would be dead right now if he was."

The masked man nods and takes the hooded figures hood off to reveal a perfectly normal man who is wanted for thievery. After watching the masked man bind him whit rope and carry him off for the money Howard continues walking down the road.

Jonathan lets out a tired grunt as he eases himself into his chair, looking at the small pile of applications. "Right then" he mutters as he starts reading through them. Upon finishing reading, he would write and send out responses to each individual applicant.

Snip

A fresh and energetic messanger raven drops a letter addressed to Nessa Drakon. It bears the sigil of the Arcane Vigil!

Dear Mr or Miss Drakon,

Your application to join the Arcane Vigil has been received. You stated that you wish to be a mageshield yet at the same time, you know some magic. The mageshields are designed to be the physical counterpart to that of the mental. Where the mages weapon is his mind, the mageshields is steel. You stated as being proficent with both a blade and bow. There will come a time where you will have to chose between your progression in hydromancy (such a progression would mean transfer to the magi) or remaining at a highly limited level of proficency in your hydromancy and advance with your physical skills in combat. In any case, the Arcane Vigil will gladly accomodate you, be it as a magi or mageshield. Come and seek either myself or one of my collegues out so that you might be intervied and the matter discused further.

Sincerely, Jonathan Elers

P.S - In regards to the interview, you may speak with myself, Khel, Heial, Vuln or Toby. Consider seaking them out to be a challenge

-snip-

A slightly tired looking messanger raven drops a letter addressed to Yulna Delario. It bears the sigil of the Arcane Vigil!

Dear Mr or Miss Delario,

I thank you for your display of interest in the Arcane Vigil, and would like to see you one day within our ranks. However there is one section of your application that I feel would be incredibly necessary for one applying as a mageshadow, and that is your skills. I apologise that it stated for mage shadows only, our application is currently being rewritten and reworked so I ask you be patient with us. In any case, I ask that you would send a brief letter in response by bird explaining the skillset you posses and why you believe it would benefit the Vigil. The position of mageshadow is a much more exclusive and limited position than that of mageshield and magi. Once again I apologise for any confusion caused and for the delay. Once you send your letter, we can arrange a meeting in person to further discuss your potential future within the Vigil.

((Basically respond to the thread with a letter addressed to myself (no set format) detailing your skills and why she should be a mageshadow. This is to be written IC. Good luck :) ))

-snip-

A rather tired looking messanger raven drops a letter addressed to Howard. It bears the sigil of the Arcane Vigil!

Dear Mr Howard,

Your application to join the Arcane Vigil has been received and I thank you for your display of interest in our organisation. Under which caste you wish to join, you stated none, however based on your other responses I will assume you wish to become an apprentice of some sort, wishing to learn (and with time, master) magic. That is to be commended, as we were once all like you. I am curious how you a farmer, would know the effects of necromancy, a closely guarded secret. Might I add that your description for Necromancers isn't necessarily true. However I still wish to know how you came by the knowledge of necromancers, as well as which magic you wish to learn. Send me a letter in response covering these topics and then latter we will, potentially, meet to discuss your future in the Vigil.

((Meta gaming is not something we wish to breed here. It seems quite unlikely that your farmer character would know the state of necromancers. Might I also add that they would only be able to be spotted for a necromancer if they hadn't drained in a while. If they had drained life force relatively recently, you wouldn't be able to tell they are a necromancer. IF I'm wrong here and you came upon the information through legitimate rp, please say so. Anyway, leave a response saying how you came by the knowledge and what magic you want to learn))

((Edited in our new application.))

To whomever this may concern,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My skill set offers me tools, such as deception and a knack for surveillance. I've also been combat skills, such as various stealth take downs, hand to hand combat, and small weapons combat.I believe these skills could benefit the guild in the area of infiltration and intelligence.

Hoping you are well-

Yulna Delario

What is your name?

"Will. Just Will."

What race are you?

"Human."

How old are you?

"Around 50 or so."

What is your gender?

"Male."

Do you bear allegiance to any nation or organisation? If so, which?:

"None, at the moment at least."

Why do you wish to join the Vigil? What is it you wish to achieve here?

"I forgot why."

Do you know magic? If yes, state which kind of magic and how long you have been learning / practicing (in elven days/weeks/months/)

N/A

If you answered no to the previous question, do you wish to learn magic as an apprentice of the Vigil?

What role do you wish to fulfill in the guild? A mage, a mage shield, a mageshadow or other, specialty role that you think you could fufill:

"Mage Shield"

What skills do you possess that make you think you could adequately fulfill this role?

"I can handle things used for crushing, cutting, stabbing, and pieces of wood with string that shoot rods with stabby things on them."

What value or moral do you hold closest to your heart?

"That's a hard question to answer. I guess it would be...uhh...I dunno. There's so many good morals to choose from..."

How far would you go in the pursuit of knowledge?

"In the pursuit of knowledge? I honestly have no idea."

The Vigil is a family of adventurers and scholars. Are you prepared to be a part of that family?

"Of course."

Additional Information: "Just treat me with respect, or the Mage Shield is going to be using mages as meat shields."

OOC SECTION

Mc name: Kaon853

Skype name (can be pmd if you prefer): Hades853

How long have you been on the server: Around a year and two months.

If you are a mage, did you genuinely train and acquire your magical knowledge in game, or gain magic through your backstory?

-Snip-

((Meta gaming is not something we wish to breed here. It seems quite unlikely that your farmer character would know the state of necromancers. Might I also add that they would only be able to be spotted for a necromancer if they hadn't drained in a while. If they had drained life force relatively recently, you wouldn't be able to tell they are a necromancer. IF I'm wrong here and you came upon the information through legitimate rp, please say so. Anyway, leave a response saying how you came by the knowledge and what magic you want to learn))

((I came upon the knowledge through seeing a necromancer half drained of his life force in the plague lands near kaphro, shortly after Howard asked a priest what that was and the priest stated that it was a necromancer, he also explained that a horrible decay sets into them when they learn necromancy. The priest learned this through ancient texts and other priests. I also don't remember his MC name but that is not important as this information was not meta gamed, despite being rare.))

Dear Mr Howard,

Your application to join the Arcane Vigil has been received and I thank you for your display of interest in our organisation. Under which case* you wish to join, you stated none, however based on your other responses I will assume you wish to become an apprentice of some sort, wishing to learn (and with time, master) magic. That is to be commended, as we were once all like you. I am curious how you a farmer, would know the effects of necromancy, a closely guarded secret. Might I add that your description for Necromancers isn't necessarily true. However I still wish to know how you came by the knowledge of necromancers, as well as which magic you wish to learn. Send me a letter in response covering these topics and then latter we will, potentially, meet to discuss your future in the Vigil.

*Howard receives the letter and begins writing a reply.

Thank you for receiving me on such short notice, i would seek to learn arcane magic and perhaps alchemy if available, if not we can discuss what magic is available for learning later. As to my knowledge on the undead menace, i was raised on a farm back in anthos and plenty of undead abominations would crawl unto my parents land from the north, we had to call guards in some cases while in others...we would just pummel them whit rocks or throw the shambling corpses out of the farm land.

As to how i acquired the knowledge on the necromancers, during my travels i encountered one running off into the plagued lands i can describe it as a black robed man whom had plenty of skin rotting off his face and arms, afterwards i spoke to a priest who confirmed it was a necromancer, he then explained what he learned from a order that kills necromancers, and essentially this knowledge combined whit the fact that i have killed many wandering ghouls that would enter the farm at night gave me a description of how a necromancer would typically look like, it would be almost the same description you would give a ghoul: rotting, and vile or pale skin whit dead eyes.

What is your name? Norik Grandaxe

What race are you? Dwarf, Mountain dwarf

How old are you? Goin into mah 330s soon

What is your gender? Male

Do you bear allegiance to any nation or organisation? If so, which?: Ah am ah retiried legionarre o' Urguan, and ah'm ah Dedicant, but if mah bein ah dedicant is ah problem, ah'm shure weh can figure sumthin oot.

Why do you wish to join the Vigil? What is it you wish to achieve here? Ah 'ave ah thirst fer adventure, fer searchin old tombs and crypts wif lads and lasses ah can count on.

Ah'm trainin to beh ah Druid, but ah doubt dat counts as magic. So no

If you answered no to the previous question, do you wish to learn magic as an apprentice of the Vigil? Nae, cuz o' meh bein ah dwarf, and ah Grandaxe. Weh cannae learn magic.

What role do you wish to fulfill in the guild? A mage, a mage shield, a mageshadow or other, specialty role that you think you could fufill: Mageshield

What skills do you possess that make you think you could adequately fulfill this role? Ah'm ah axeman, as well as ah retired soldier, ah fought in deh recent Oren war. Ah t'ink dat shows dat ah'm nae mouse.

What value or moral do you hold closest to your heart? Ah value mah kin, and mah friends, nae mattah 'ow annoyin, stark, er strange dey may beh.

How far would you go in the pursuit of knowledge? It depends on deh knowledge, er if its needed.

The Vigil is a family of adventurers and scholars. Are you prepared to be a part of that family? Nae different den ah dwarven clan, aye ah beh readeh.

OOC SECTION

Mc name: Greenpelt201345

Skype name (can be pmd if you prefer): Sorry I don't own one.

How long have you been on the server? Since the 'Fall of Anthos'.

If you are a mage, did you genuinely train and acquire your magical knowledge in game, or gain magic through your backstory? Not a mage.

Also, I made a app in the old post, around just before this one was made. I made this one because I did not know if Jon made me a member or not. Thanks!